IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zombie Survival..., Tell us how you'd survive D@V£'s / JynX's Zombie Apocalyps
Blackbuck
post Sep 21 2009, 17:14
Post #41

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 113

Don't spam my threads with useless comments please.

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post May 22 2010, 00:44
Post #42

Group Icon

Boredom and hotness in my room so, update time:

1. Main weapons
2. Backup weapons
3. Your means of transport
4. A suitable person to repopulate earth with
5. Your theme tune or whatever you'd have on an iPod etc.
6. Your base of operations / hideout

1a:

Micro Tavor in 5.56mm x45 with a Grip-Pod, Side Mounted Surefire Weaponlight and Aimpoint Comp M4S

Zastava M72 in 7.62mm x39 with a 1P29 Optical Sight and Barrel mounted Surefire Weaponlight

2a:

A pair of Sig Sauer P229 DAKs with extended 20rd Magazines and Viridian Green laser markers

A Pair of Kukri Knives

Lashings of RGN offensive grenades

3a:

BAE Systems RG-32
  • Cage/Slat Armour (To keep the zombies daft enough to come close to it at a stand-off distance and away from me)
  • EOS R-600 Remote Weapon Station with a pair of M134DT Gatling guns installed (selectable RoF from 300-3,000rpm)
  • M18 Claymores forming a 360 degree arc of death/life/disembowelment/bifurcation
  • Self Rescue Winch
  • Rear Seating removed and bunk installed as well as a small gas stove, microwave and fridge
  • Some sort of cargo trailer for water, fuel and ammunition etc.
For when I need to go out foraging or need to transport stuff or just in general need something bigger

Lazar Multi-purpose Armoured Vehicle
  • Slat Armour along the Surface with the gun ports in and on other surfaces with potential entrance points
  • Roof Hatches provided with glazed ballistic cupolas
  • EOS R-600 Remote Weapon Station with a pair of M134DT Gatling guns installed (selectable RoF from 300-3,000rpm)
  • M18 Claymores forming a 360 degree arc of death/life/disembowelment/bifurcation
  • Added Side Doors (as the threat of an IED in a zombipocalypse might have diminished)
  • Rear Seating removed with bunks for 4 installed as well as a small gas stove, microwave and fridge also the remaining space is converted to a flat area for cargo
  • Cargo Bins on the front and along the sides for extra storage
  • Some sort of cargo trailer for water, fuel and ammunition etc.
4a

Iveta B, Gabriella Cilmi and or Olivia Wilde

5a: Several 160GB iPod Classics full of everything imaginable and plenty of fire wires to keep them charged.

6a: There are a few...
  • North Sea Oil Rig (With Tom and co.)
  • Either of the following vessels:
    Blohm & Voss 120mm Exploration Yacht
    Eclipse Giga Yacht
  • Underground Complex (Accommodation for myself, concubines and up-to 90 others each with their own room, armouries, elevating helipad, gun emplacements, the lot. Also has greehouses and such to be self sufficient.

--------------------

--------------------
--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post May 22 2010, 10:42
Post #43

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Member No.: 155

1 year on! Oh what fun! biggrin.gif

I can't believe how many mistakes I made last time... I mean... I wouldn't have died, but... yeah....

1. Vz.58 w/ Aimpoint (not too fussy as to exactly which model of aimpoint), underbarrel R870MCS
It's a nice reliable piece of equipment. Not so much as a kalashnikov, but it's won't fall apart when you need it working and that's all that really counts. Admittedly, ammo might be a problem over here... but hey... that's why we invented boats, right? An underbarreled 12 gauge allows the removal of those... "persistent problems".

2.1. Machete
I'll admit, I don't like getting close to people. Decaying people much less so. Still, can't deny the need to make a silent takedown every so often... and the hell if I'm going to carry a 50T crossbow around with me...

2.2. Tankhammer
So, planning on gettin' yerselves some fancy wheels, done thunk yerselves you could outsmart ol' Dave with them treads of yers? Well I gots some news fer ya! *Tankhammer*
(For those of you who don't know what a "Tankhammer" is... it's kinda like a sledgehammer, but instead of a normal hammerhead, it's got a PG7)

3. None.
Any motorized vehicle is going to need to be a compromise between fuel efficiency and mobility. They're going to be everywhere, so there's no point in trying to outrun or outmanoeuvre them en mass. Fuel means people, people means zombies. Not to say that vehicles as a whole aren't worthwhile, if I need a car, I'll take one. It's not like the zombies are gonna use them.

4. Yes
Personally I think it's a good idea. I'll definitely consider it when the time comes.

5. Nothing
Not to be a buzzkill, but loud noises tend to attract the infected, they also tend to muffle out the sound of them approaching. Just sayin'.

6. None
Constant mobility is the only real way to avoid being overwhelmed. Though, if any of you do manage to secure yourself a nice little vacation spot, I'll be more than happy to "help you out with that".

Or, you know, a moonbase. (Oh, wait, no, there won't be a moonbase! Damn you Obama!)

Oh, and before I forget, Shark Attack:

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Blackscorpion
post May 22 2010, 13:36
Post #44

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Rifleman-in-Charge

Group: Members
Member No.: 270

Time to update mine a bit, too, I guess.

1. Main weapons (firearms)
AK-102/AK-104 - Would either take the 5.56 NATO or 7.62x39 mm version depending on the situation and where I am. Front grip and light, possibly a grippod, plus Aimpoint with a magnifier.
CZ 75 SP-01 - Shadow version propably. Due to the excellent ergonomics and sufficient weight it's the perfect pistol for fast close-range shooting... if you miss a torso at 25 m with this you've done something very wrong. 9x19 mm with 20-round magazines.
2. Backup weapons (melee, tools)
Kukri - The Nepalese "utility knife". Excellent for chopping things into pieces plus it's pretty much the universal tool for Nepalese.
Crowbar - Another fairly effective tool, useful for melee. Longer reach than the Kukri plus helps... accessing things.
Utility knife - For the instances where Kukri is too big and cumbersome.
On foot - Mostly would do the travelling with a few good friends, backpacking across the wastelands. Thus, relatively light load and good hiking clothes.
Motorcycle - Might keep one available just in case. The heftier travelling type.
Random SUV -
Oh yes
Spotify plugged to active ear protectors...
Castle - One of those medieval castles in located near the Alp regions

--------------------
Hakkaa päälle Pohjan poika!

Words were coming out of my fingertips faster than my thoughts could process them in my brains... My plead is for temporary insanity that was caused by permanent insanity of very, very twisted nerve cluster that's called brain matter, that's supposed to be grey but isn't, it's black and has a somewhat sarcastic and dark sense of humor, or lacks it totally.

The self-appointed God of Scor Nango. Not an emperor, just... God.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post May 22 2010, 17:27
Post #45

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 19

Gee, round two! I won't revise all of my choices though, some were just perfect.
ZITAT(MiniMark @ May 22 2010, 01:44) *
Boredom and hotness in my room so, update time:

1. Main weapons
2. Backup weapons
Weaponry

1. G3A4 battle rifle with iron sights. Zombies ain't no difficult targets. If they're launching a full assault at you, you still have the full auto mode.

2.1 Colt Phyton. And if they're too close already, the recoil will smash them to pieces.

2.2 A MSE 180 C-BQ Stihl electric chainsaw. Yes, it works. Fine even.

Transportation

3.1 Porsche 365s - it's got style!

3.2 Leopard 2A6MPSO - it's got firepower!

3.1 Jigsaw's Tricycle from Saw - what natural ressource will not be exploited anymore when almost all humans turn into zombies? Go figure.

Gals to repopulate earth with

4. There are some in my real life. If the gals in question are not around, I'll make do with someone either classy and/ or busty, that is Olivia Wilde, Jessica Biel or in case America is affected first by the Zombie apocalypse, Jana Defi.

Fighting spirit carrying soundtrack

5.1 Wagner's Ride of the Valkyres - soundtrack for the repopulation thingy.

5.2 Ministry - Khyber Pass - soundtrack for the time while getting into the hot zone.

5.3 Clutch - The Regulator - soundtrack for fights.

Bases and hideouts

6.1 Johannisburg Castle in Aschaffenburg, Germany. It's got the biggest wine cellar far and wide, a ground water well and also an solar power plant and as if that wasn't enough, not even a fleet of 120 allied bombers could completely destroy it in WW2 - a completely independent luxury fortress.

6.2 Sanct Barbara Bunker in Freiburg, Germany - a former silver mine, made atom bomb proof and upgraded to be Europe's cultural and biological Noah's Ark. With that as a base, you could really start with humanity right from the scratch again.

6.3. Henninger Brewery Tower, Frankfurt, Germany. Do I really need to point out why?

I think I raised a legit question there though: where's the apocalypse set to begin? How quickly will the Zombie plague spread?

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Blackscorpion
post May 22 2010, 19:13
Post #46

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Rifleman-in-Charge

Member No.: 270

QUOTE(The Franconian @ May 22 2010, 19:27) *
2.1 Colt Phyton. And if they're too close already, the recoil will smash them to pieces.

Not really... it does kick, thanks to the revolver plus .357 Magnum combo but it's perfectly manageable with the correct grip. It just... jumps upwards and takes your hands with it, then comes down on gravity. biggrin.gif

Although, you can burn them or even cut them into pieces thanks to the cylinder being not fully sealed!

--------------------
Hakkaa päälle Pohjan poika!

Words were coming out of my fingertips faster than my thoughts could process them in my brains... My plead is for temporary insanity that was caused by permanent insanity of very, very twisted nerve cluster that's called brain matter, that's supposed to be grey but isn't, it's black and has a somewhat sarcastic and dark sense of humor, or lacks it totally.

The self-appointed God of Scor Nango. Not an emperor, just... God.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post May 22 2010, 19:21
Post #47

Group Icon

Well, I only fired a couple of rounds with one when I was still a member of the local shooting club. Anyways, it should deliver leaden death to any Zombie messing around on my premises.

Wait a second... "will deliver death to Zombies"?! weirdsmiley.gif

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post May 22 2010, 19:48
Post #48

Group Icon

Will deliver life smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------
--------------------

Quote Post
Toadball
post May 22 2010, 20:46
Post #49

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 1,331

1. Main weapons
1.1: Keltec RFB
  • Trijicon ACOG TA31 w/ Doctor Reflex sight
1.2: Keltec SU16C w/ Schmitt and Bender 1-4x Shortdot
  • Scmitt and Bender 1-4x Shortdot
  • Magpul Emags or Tango down translucent polymer mags.
2. Backup weapons
2.1: Glock 17
  • FAB Defense KPOS
    • Aimpoint Micro T1
    • Supressor for 9mm and 7.92mm
  • VBR Belgium 7.92mm Barrel and Slide swap out with mags and an assortment of different loads.
2.2: Taurus Judge 4"

3.1 Whatever is available

4.1: Refer to 3.1
4.1 Amendum: As 3.1, where the individual is of a non related bloodline, free of infection and female. Oh and of suitably meritable physical & mental characteristics.

5.1: Amon Tobin - Ruthless (Reprise)

6.1: Glasgow Universtiy GBRC (Glasgow Biomedical Research Centre)
6.2: Cargo ship retrofitted for long term stays at sea in costal waters replacing most of the cargo hold space with suitable food and munitions storage as well as accomodation, water purification and suitable food processing facilities.

As for the question of how the zombocalypse occurs?
If it were done my way: Systematic biological agent outbreaks in a suitable number and spread of global positionsin such a manner that any signifigant form of quaruntine or containment other than massive lethal force (employment of WMDs) would be impossible through the overwhelming of emergency services and the armed forces. Vector of the agent would differ depending on where in the world you were whilst retaining the characteristic bodily fluid transfer method (Only think one movie ever showed how this could result in vertical transfer of an infection or how the infection would also be classifiable as an STD), e.g if your in subsaharan africa arthropod vectors would be used, if your in a large city airborne transmission and use of mamalian vectors like rats, cats and dogs...maybe a decent number of homeless folk just to be nasty tongue.gif

As for rate of transmission I reffer you to:
<a href="http://www.mathstat.uottawa.ca/~rsmith/Zombies.pdf" target="_blank">"WHEN ZOMBIES ATTACK!: MATHEMATICAL
MODELLING OF AN OUTBREAK OF ZOMBIE
INFECTION"

Munz. P,Hudea. I, Imad. J and Smith. R. J.
Infectious Disease Modelling Research Progress pp. 133-150, 2009</a>

This post has been edited by JynX: May 23 2010, 02:48

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post May 23 2010, 00:47
Post #50

Group Icon

ZITAT(JynX @ May 22 2010, 21:46) *
See point 3.1 tongue.gif
What if the aforesaid person is I.) your mother or II.) a guy? "Whatever is available" is certainly not an option. tongue.gif

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Toadball
post May 23 2010, 02:37
Post #51

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 1,331

A valid point, one that I must now reconsider...damn you!

I now re-refer you to point 4.1 with amendum. smile.gif

This post has been edited by JynX: May 23 2010, 02:48

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Jul 1 2011, 01:33
Post #52

Group Icon

More junk to revive!

Pick your copy of the Zombie Survival Sheet now!

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jul 1 2011, 13:34
Post #53

Group Icon

Oh, what fun! We should resurrect this thread every year! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Jul 1 2011, 15:03
Post #54

Group Icon

Who exactly are your sidekick and end boss?

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jul 1 2011, 15:37
Post #55

Group Icon

QUOTE(pMASTER @ Jul 1 2011, 15:03) *
Who exactly are your sidekick and end boss?

Not up to date on this whole "internet" thing, 'eh? tongue.gif

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Jul 1 2011, 15:53
Post #56

Group Icon

I'm barely four months old. I'm quite happy that I know how to hit the spacebar.

--------------------

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Jul 1 2011, 18:19
Post #57

Group Icon

My poster...

Couldn't think of anything specific for the other two inventory slots except maybe a solar charger and some form of NV goggles perhaps.

--------------------

--------------------
--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jul 1 2011, 19:02
Post #58

Group Icon

QUOTE(pMASTER @ Jul 1 2011, 15:53) *
I'm barely four months old. I'm quite happy that I know how to hit the spacebar.

Well, I'd expect you of all people to know what the Weighted Companion Cube is!
1. Will never threaten to stab you*
2. Brings good luck
3. Fully functional weighted storage cube
It's the perfect sidekick. Far better than any of this spaghetti coded wetware you'd be dragged around happy.gif

(*And, in fact, cannot speak. In the event that the Weighted Companion Cube does speak, we strongly recommend you disregard its advice.)

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
AndreAce
post Aug 8 2011, 14:18
Post #59

Member No.: 3,676

--------------------

Quote Post
ScottyRaskin
post Apr 4 2014, 08:09
Post #60

Member No.: 10,419

QUOTE(The Franconian @ May 22 2010, 17:27) *
Gee, round two! I won't revise all of my choices though, some were just perfect.Weaponry

1. G3A4 battle rifle with iron sights. Zombies ain't no difficult targets. If they're launching a full assault at you, you still have the full auto mode.

2.2 A MSE 180 C-BQ Stihl electric chainsaw. Yes, it works. Fine even.

Transportation

3.1 Porsche 365s - it's got style!

3.2 Leopard 2A6MPSO - it's got firepower!

3.1 Jigsaw's Tricycle from Saw - what natural ressource will not be exploited anymore when almost all humans turn into zombies? Go figure.

Gals to repopulate earth with

4. There are some in my real life. If the gals in question are not around, I'll make do with someone either classy and/ or busty, that is Olivia Wilde, Jessica Biel or in case America is affected first by the Zombie apocalypse, Jana Defi.

Fighting spirit carrying soundtrack

5.1 Wagner's Ride of the Valkyres - soundtrack for the repopulation thingy.

5.2 Ministry - Khyber Pass - soundtrack for the time while getting into the hot zone.

5.3 Clutch - The Regulator - soundtrack for fights.

Bases and hideouts

6.1 Johannisburg Castle in Aschaffenburg, Germany. It's got the biggest wine cellar far and wide, a ground water well and also solar panels plant and as if that wasn't enough, not even a fleet of 120 allied bombers could completely destroy it in WW2 - a completely independent luxury fortress.

6.2 Sanct Barbara Bunker in Freiburg, Germany - a former silver mine, made atom bomb proof and upgraded to be Europe's cultural and biological Noah's Ark. With that as a base, you could really start with humanity right from the scratch again.

6.3. Henninger Brewery Tower, Frankfurt, Germany. Do I really need to point out why?

I think I raised a legit question there though: where's the apocalypse set to begin? How quickly will the Zombie plague spread?

You have mentioned some real good ways to control Zombie but I am not sure which will work best.. Were you able to find the right one?

This post has been edited by ScottyRaskin: Apr 5 2014, 17:41

Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 21:27