IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> At whits end over init script for weapons..., Pulling hair over script errors.
OperationDidgeridon't
post Nov 15 2008, 19:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,513

Alright, so maybe "whits end" is a bit much, but it is starting to frustrate me. I've recently gotten started on my quest to edit Arma to do my evil bidding, and have immediately run into a snag. I know how much you guys hate seeing the same ol' questions being espoused, but I assure you I have lurked amongst these threads for days now trying to find a solution (and have also downloaded a few editing guides) and still come up with zilch.

Basically what I'm looking to do is put a different weapon in the hands of a character than the one normally assigned to him. I've been trying to use the init box for this unit to do so. Here is how I'm typing this out:

removeallweapons this; this add magazine "30Rnd_556x45Stanag"; this addweapons "m16a2"

I realize the above would only allot me one magazine, just didn't want to type all of that out. So what am I doing wrong? I either get the "type any expected nothing" message, or the "missing ;" message.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Quote Post
Supr3me KiLL3r
post Nov 15 2008, 20:34
Post #2

Member No.: 3,465

removeallweapons this; this add magazine "30Rnd_556x45Stanag"; this addweapons "m16a2"

Should be
CODE
removeallweapons this;this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45Stanag";this addweapon "m16a2";

No spaces in addmagazine, no "S" in addweapon.

--------------------
My Armed Assault Youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYwE-HkeYuQ

Quote Post
OperationDidgeridon't
post Nov 15 2008, 21:33
Post #3

Member No.: 4,513

QUOTE(Supr3me KiLL3r @ Nov 15 2008, 14:34) *
Should be
CODE
removeallweapons this;this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45Stanag";this addweapon "m16a2";

No spaces in addmagazine, no "S" in addweapon.

Awesome, bro! Thanks! I promise not to bog you guys down with this stuff again.

Quote Post
communistbastard
post Nov 16 2008, 03:24
Post #4

Member No.: 1,086

Don't feel like you don't have to ask questions that may seem minor to the rest of us, however, for the next time you do have a question regarding scripts please post them in the Mission Editing and Scripting sub forum as that is the correct place to post.

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Nov 16 2008, 17:22
Post #5

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 11

QUOTE(communistbastard @ Nov 16 2008, 03:24) *
Don't feel like you don't have to ask questions that may seem minor to the rest of us, however, for the next time you do have a question regarding scripts please post them in the Mission Editing and Scripting sub forum as that is the correct place to post.

What he said wink.gif

Moving to Mission Editing and welcome to the forums !

--------------------

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:17