Squelch
post Jul 7 2009, 04:17
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,115

CBA v0.1.0: First public release

Vision

What does the name Community Base Addons mean? It is a system that:
  • Aims to have community wide acceptance and to be used as much as possible by community addons to maintain compatibility.
  • Offers a range of features for addon-makers and mission designers.
  • The community is very much encouraged to request or submit functionality.
    • The most obvious example would be to submit functions to be included in the CBA function library. This would make them available to a large audience of developers and save on replicated development.
Key Features
  • Extended Eventhandlers: official port of XEH for Arma 2.
  • Function library: Integrated into the BIS Functions module.
  • Many other things you never thought you needed but won't be able to live without...
  • Full documentation is available at DevHeaven.
The manual, functions reference and complete sources are included in the release.

DownloadPlease take a look at our function documentation: generic wiki and comprehensive html docs for usage.

This post has been edited by Squelch: Jul 7 2009, 15:09

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jul 7 2009, 14:16
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

What about something along the lines of JAM for OFP? Haven't checked the full list of ArmA2 magazines classes, but I'm sure there'll be some which aren't present people will want to use...

...there must be! ohnoo.gif

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Squelch
post Jul 7 2009, 15:27
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,115

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Jul 7 2009, 14:16) *
What about something along the lines of JAM for OFP? Haven't checked the full list of ArmA2 magazines classes, but I'm sure there'll be some which aren't present people will want to use...

...there must be! ohnoo.gif

Good suggestion, but may fall outside of the scope of CBA, which is more targeted towards functions and libraries to allow access to, or enhance the more advanced features of Arma 2.

We do have some ideas about unified classes for the Community Base Projects at Dev Heaven, which is growing rapidly, and a JAM like "all magazine classes" could fit very well in there.

Please feel free to make suggestions or submit content. We would like this to become widely accepted and open to all in the modding community for both use, and contribution.

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 21:21