IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Forum Rules
13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Modeling/Texturing Problems Thread, ask here if you've got question concerning modeling/texturing
GIJOE94
post Jun 28 2007, 21:32
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 767

Edit by Deadeye :

If you need advise in o2 modeling or texturing ask your question here.

Hi evrybody, now Jukka has done the textures for the sherman, but he can't apply them to the modle it's self.Could anyone who knows how to apply textures to a modle please post here with the how to do it.Think about it people, the sooner this is done, the sooner you get an M4A1 sherman tank!
Reason for edit: Topic renamed and pinned

--------------------
"Our business in the field of fight, is not to question, but to prove our might." Alexander Pope

Quote Post
Rellikki
post Jun 28 2007, 23:25
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 13

It's actually the model maker's job. Well, kinda... He needs to do a mapping of the model, then he'll send it to the texturer who then starts creating the texture with the help of the mapping.

Ps: I think you should release everything at the same time, not single addons. It's just messy that way.

Quote Post
Jukka
post Jun 29 2007, 13:55
Post #3

Member No.: 637

Thanks for the help Rellikki.

--------------------
Свинья спайдера, свинья спайдера, делает свинья спайдера делает, может он отбрасывает от стержня, никакого он не может он будет свиньей, взглядом вне, котор он будет свиньей спайдера.

Quote Post
vilas
post Jun 29 2007, 14:45
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 937

don't forget it is mine Sherman addon you talk about, you asked me to send it to you "just to look at", but mesh is made by Aloisi, who sent me this mesh in 3ds, i made LODS,
texture you can do using blueprints / view from one side, view frm top, hatches, wheels, details, engne cover , rear side and etc.
you have to :
install oxygen properly
than you select fac in oxygen and type B from keyboard and texture is set on faces

dear Relliki , not always wink.gif

first i do texture from blueprints, than i model mesh on it, if there are details missing like cover, barrel, screw - i make detail on textures
they get M4 Sherman mesh, because something happened to Aloisi and contact with him is no longer
so if they will do side views, it is easy to texture it using oxygen, because i talk about using free/legal, of cours in MAX there is "model to texture" or like that which makes from mesh created texture, but if we work in oxygen, we have no such possibility

--------------------

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Jun 29 2007, 17:47
Post #5

Thanks for your help folks!

--------------------
"Our business in the field of fight, is not to question, but to prove our might." Alexander Pope

Quote Post
d@nte
post Jun 29 2007, 23:31
Post #6

head in the stars

Member No.: 32

@Vilas, no no no no no, you can do like that. you can't use tons of textures in arma. you need to make an uvmapping of the tank.

- hull
- turret
- the other parts

if you don't make an uvmapping the textures will be streched, or some parts won't fit perfectly the model. and on a blueprint, you can't see the hidden faces.

Relikki was right

--------------------

Un ali mat zo mat bepred Ha pa ve digant ur sot e ve

(Good advice is always good, even though it comes from an idiot).

Quote Post
Faust
post Jul 3 2007, 20:09
Post #7

Member No.: 923

I have made texture for my Opel Blitz. It is UV mapping and coordinates of texture are from 3DsMAX. When i import this model in Oxygen will i lose this coordinates or not? cuz i dont know remap it in oxygen!! pls help helpsos.gif

--------------------
In WW2 we want fight!

OK, what's your skills soldier ?!
Ehm, SP/MP missions, video making, 2D/3D artist, arma scripting, web design, flash ....

That's not enough, soldier!!!! You should know it!!!

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Jul 3 2007, 20:28
Post #8

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 11

Well IIRC you HAVE to remap the model in o2. There is no way around.

I already suggested Joe to work through the brsseb o2 tutorials.

--------------------

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Jul 3 2007, 20:52
Post #9

Faust you are the best! Glad to have you in our team.Them textures are loverly!

--------------------

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Jul 3 2007, 21:01
Post #10

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Member No.: 11

Absolutely misplaced comment GIJOE94. Faust posted here because he was asking for help in modeling/texturing. If you want to criticize his work for the ArmA 1943 Mod, do it in the dedicated ArmA 1943 thread in the Mod section. You simply can't hijack any thread for your purpose dude rolleyes.gif .

--------------------

Quote Post
Faust
post Jul 4 2007, 08:39
Post #11

QUOTE(Deadeye @ Jul 3 2007, 21:28) *
Well IIRC you HAVE to remap the model in o2. There is no way around.
I already suggested Joe to work through the brsseb o2 tutorials.

i was searching and i have found this:
you can use 3ds amx to import models and textures into O2, as i have done it before (Just not yet for ArmA).

- You export the model (dont rig it or anything) into a .3ds file, and save the texture files as .TGA's

- You then import the model into O2 (there is an import button somewhere), it will enter O2 as an untextured model.

- you then have to do some funny trick i can never remember, where you select all the faces on the model, and change it so they look for the texture files. This involves changing the name of the texture, the file location etc.

- That should have the textures correctly applied, the model will look just like it did in 3ds max, just a little bit shittier (in Flashpoint atleast) but its all good fun!

Dont forget to make LOD's, none of the flashpoints generate them on the fly, and also dont forget that ArmA uses Normal and Specular mapping!

Guy

So he tells that it is possible to import model with texture. So where is true?? blink.gif

--------------------
In WW2 we want fight!

Ehm, SP/MP missions, video making, 2D/3D artist, arma scripting, web design, flash ....

Quote Post
d@nte
post Jul 6 2007, 16:49
Post #12

head in the stars

i use also 3dsmax. yes in o2, the uvmapping will be the same that in 3dsmax. you just need to export (in 3dsmax) your model in the .3ds file and when you are in oxygen, you just need to import your 3ds file. it's all. but if you want a better look for your textures, open the TGA in paatool and save them again in paa or pac.

btw when you import your model in oxygen, don't forget to import it (and the textures) in the good folder, with the final name.

an example from one of my job:

D:\ofpedit\thyr_wtk\Atext\turret.pac

oops i have forgotten:

when your model is in oxygen, select all the faces, and do F5 smile.gif (for faces\recalculate normal)

--------------------

Quote Post
GIJOE94
post Jul 7 2007, 09:08
Post #13

Hi folks, I need help because I have the textures for the Opel Blitz, but I don't know how to add them, can anyone help?

--------------------

Quote Post
d@nte
post Jul 7 2007, 23:59
Post #14

head in the stars

could you explain a little bit? the blitz has an uvmapping?

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Jul 8 2007, 00:15
Post #15

Hipster addonmaker

Member No.: 10

QUOTE(d@nte @ Jul 8 2007, 00:59) *
could you explain a little bit? the blitz has an uvmapping?

When looking at the screenshots with normal maps applied, you would get the idea that it does.

If so, then all you need to do is make sure that the texturepath(s) in the model-file is/are pointing towards the texture(s).

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Faust
post Jul 9 2007, 08:40
Post #16

if you want a better look for your textures, open the TGA in paatool and save them again in paa or pac

i open TGA in TexView2 and save as paa , is is allright too? or paa tool is better?

when your model is in oxygen, select all the faces, and do F5 smile.gif (for faces\recalculate normal)

why? what does it do?

--------------------
In WW2 we want fight!

Quote Post
JdB
post Jul 9 2007, 12:30
Post #17

Hipster addonmaker

Member No.: 10

After you've applied sharp and smooth faces, you select the entire model and press F5, this recalculates the lightning on all faces, most of the times getting rid of incorrect lightning.

This might not be necessary in ArmA anymore (if modelled properly), but since we know next to nothing about the new tools...

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
d@nte
post Jul 9 2007, 12:56
Post #18

head in the stars

this is only if you import a model in o2 (i suppose). because i do the the sharp/smooth edges already in an other 3d modeller but o2 don't keep that. (o2 is a crap, this is also one of the reasons why i stopped my project. oxygen is a waste of time). i hope for you that the new one will be better. happy.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Faust
post Jul 9 2007, 13:19
Post #19

vilas helped me with opel blitz and its allready driveable in Arma, but textures are not working correctly, in any angles truck is very dark and normal map is not working and in another angle truck is very brighten and normal map is OK, vilas told me that i have to create _SMDI map, its specular map, isnt it? is problem in this map? cuz i think that dirty car shouldnt have specular map which reflect light or yes? yammer.gif

--------------------
In WW2 we want fight!

Quote Post
d@nte
post Jul 9 2007, 21:10
Post #20

head in the stars

yeah you need a specular map. it's a greyscale texture. white, bright gray for the luminous faces, black for the others.

take a look at this tut. that shows how the color map, the specular map and a bump map work together. (i know in Arma this is a normal map, but a bump map gives a similar effect. this is just an example.)

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=46&t=373024

--------------------

Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:01