Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ArmA: Black Hawk Down
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Mods
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Linker Split

Linker Split, Kenwort and all the team present...

Code name – Irene

Main Mission – Capture officials of Mohammed Farah Aidid

Situation Report - Blackhawk Down!

Get your gear ready solider, your duty calls!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The official Black Hawk Down modification is here, brining the most precedented and realistic representation of Mogadishu and its events ever seen.
It’s time to grab your gear, and head out into this fully exploreable and immersive city, implementing the latest technology to allow a total representation of the area.
Not only that, every unit will be accurately modelled and textured in this epic game world. You will be shoved right into the heat of the action, on all scales imaginable.

Do you have what it takes to lead the way?

I'm glad to present you some of our new work for Armed Assault, that gives us new possibilities of making better addons, models, and so on!

Linker Split

GET READY FOR THE MOG, ADDONS ARE COMING!
communistbastard
Nice scenery items.

Now the real question is

Will there be fastroping?
Technicals?
Tire Fires?
Linker Split
QUOTE(communistbastard @ Oct 13 2007, 23:29) *
Nice scenery items.

Now the real question is

Will there be fastroping?
Technicals?
Tire Fires?

obviously, because Kewort is working on technicals with Torni. wink.gif
Also fastroping will be implemented, don't forget that we have in the team ThunderBird84 smile.gif and now a lot of talented people!
TheVipersFang
Hey looking good there mate! Keep the progress reports going because I think a lot of people are going to be wanting this one thumbsup.gif
Linker Split
We think to make the island with those objects plus other ones I have in my mind... ETA we think at least December, maybe a gift for Cristmas , but we don't really know... bacause we want to release a BETA containing all the required addons to play a good Black hawk Down mission... wink.gif not only some stuff...
anyway stay tuned, more to come!
TheVipersFang
I am so there!

I honestly believe that his BHD mod for ArmA will be the best mod released so far. I can't wait to experience what it was like to try to navigate that rats nest maze that is the streets of Mogadishu leading a team of Delta Operatives worship.gif
Avalla'ch
Veeery Nice presentation of MOD L_Split! thumbsup.gif

Waiting for more info, I will surely download this mod after relase! cool.gif
Linker Split
QUOTE(Salvatore_Lee_WWIIcz @ Oct 14 2007, 20:57) *
Veeery Nice presentation of MOD L_Split! thumbsup.gif
Waiting for more info, I will surely download this mod after relase! cool.gif

Surely I'll do the same with yours!!! thumbsup.gif
I've started today to make the map... it's still a difficult passage, but it can be done with about 1 week of full-immersion in tutorials! biggrin.gif
Linker Split
YAY!!!!
I figured out how to create islands with visitor!!!!

I studied the program, and I started making the map!!!!

--------------------------------------
DETAILS

size : 10240x10240 pixel

textures used : 4 types (desert, grass, sandbeach, mud)

Satellite image created from scratch (sat.bmp 10240x10240 400Mb)

wink.gif
(BOA)Kamel
Not so great as BAS or BWC but it can be a good mod, BHD Mod.

Edit: Your first Screens of your map look a bit bad. The houses standing far away from each other.
Avalla'ch
I think it's only a presentation of his new house models etc. not final island thumbsup.gif
Linker Split
QUOTE(Salvatore_Lee_WWIIcz @ Oct 16 2007, 20:05) *
I think it's only a presentation of his new house models etc. not final island thumbsup.gif

yeah I took that picture only to show the community that I figured out how to create islands! biggrin.gif
TheVipersFang
You the man Linker Split !! worship.gif
Linker Split
I've done some new improvements...
here there's how I made our hummers!
Models are not BI original ones, but Jagy gave them to us from the old OFP BHD MOD (the czeck one) because they didn't continue their MOD smile.gif

and I re-made the M16-M203 (which like the hummer, was made by the old OFP MOD):

stay tuned, more to come!
Rellikki
Hmm... where were those pictures taken, and did you have the highest resolution settings on? Not trying to be picky, but the texture quality could be better... tongue.gif
Otherwise it seems pretty good.
Linker Split
I got a low quality setting buldozzer...
anyway, it's also to have better performance, since we are going to make a VERY VERY big city tongue.gif
Yac
Is possible to objcts screens from close distantly?
Linker Split
QUOTE(YacieK @ Oct 25 2007, 19:15) *
Is possible to objcts screens from close distantly?

what do you mean? blink.gif
Avalla'ch
QUOTE(Linker Split @ Oct 26 2007, 21:00) *
what do you mean? blink.gif

Duh, maybe he want to see your objects closer thumbsup.gif
Linker Split
Some shots to make you see that we are working smile.gif

Kenwort
Progress from Yura on the blackhawk.

Yura had a question that maybe some1 who knows could asnwer..
Linker Split
I'm making progress with the map!

I figured out how to solve that boring problem with ground textures, and i've started placing objects, houses, slums and so on...

Stay tuned, more to come!
naughty.gif
DaRat
Wow! Looking really sweet so far man, looking forward to this one smile.gif
(BOA)Kamel
sleep.gif

Ok, it looking a bit confused,
TheVipersFang
Progress is always good but this stuff looks brilliant well done BHD mod team thumbsup.gif

I will gladly play this mod, but who will come rescue me when I get hopelessly lost?
Linker Split
don't worry, we found a good programmer which will make also a good GPS system! tongue.gif
Bence
Your work is fantastic man! smile.gif
I'm a bit worried, though. How will my PC hande such big city?
Linker Split
QUOTE(Bence @ Nov 3 2007, 19:37) *
Your work is fantastic man! smile.gif
I'm a bit worried, though. How will my PC hande such big city?

well, I'm applying all my 5-year knowledge to make the map be less laggy... thumbsup.gif

don't forget: ArmA houses are high poly, ours are low poly (about 500) but with materials applied to make them be more good-looking smile.gif

that's the main problem: make a map full of houses, objects, but not much laggy smile.gif

i'm doing the same as i did for OFP with my HDT island
Avalla'ch
Prof. work m8!! thumbsup.gif I say prof. work!

Waiting for more progress......oh and after that make something like public betatest drunk.gif
communistbastard
QUOTE(TheVipersFang @ Nov 3 2007, 08:02) *
Progress is always good but this stuff looks brilliant well done BHD mod team thumbsup.gif

I will gladly play this mod, but who will come rescue me when I get hopelessly lost?

Try to avoid tire fires and big crowds of civilians that are armed with Ak-47's and RPGs!

I have a question for Linker Split!

Will some houses have interiors?

Keep up the great work!

Linker Split
QUOTE(communistbastard @ Nov 4 2007, 00:33) *
Try to avoid tire fires and big crowds of civilians that are armed with Ak-47's and RPGs!

I have a question for Linker Split!

Will some houses have interiors?

Keep up the great work!

not all the buildings, only some... because it's a hell of work to do with the buidlings tongue.gif
btw... yeah, the main goal is to insert a lot of people that will try to shoot at you.. and since in OFP deltas and rangers AI was able to hide behind barrels, or near walls, it will be a good work!!!
RicoADF
Great work, cant wait to give this mod a run through, good old BHD biggrin.gif
Calvorota
QUOTE(Kenwort @ Nov 2 2007, 18:24) *
Yura had a question that maybe some1 who knows could asnwer..

Just to answer the questions:

- The nose is painted with a special type of paint "invisible" to the radar beam. That's because the aircraft radar is inside it an the beam should pass through the nose. The rest of the chopper is painted with a paint that absorbs part of the received radar radiation (and thus become less "visible" to enemy radars). If we used the same paint in the nose our radar beam would become less powerful.

- Underside is clear because the chopper will be seen against the sky from the land. Clear colors make it less visible from enemies in the land.

- Top of the aircraft is painted dark because the chopper will be seen from above with the land behind. Same explanation (but inverse) than above.
RicoADF
Altho now a days alot of countries don't bother with the underside since radar makes cameo mostly useless tiredsmiley.gif
Calvorota
That's not right.
Underside is painted clear to become less visible to the super "eyeball mk. I" radar wink.gif
Manpads are a real threat in the current conflicts, and this weapon should be employed (and aimed) by a man that first should use he's eyes.
RicoADF
The ADF doesn't usually bother with that, altho the upgrade to the S-70 that they are bringing in paints the bottom of it black rolleyes.gif
TheVipersFang
In regards to the talk on camo I think that it is one of those things where both of the above opinions are right from a certain point of view.

For example in the real world the camo scheme on an aircraft whether it is fixed wing or rotary wing is really only of any use against the pilots of other aircraft because they are either looking down on or across at or up at each other when using "Mark 1 Eyeball" to spot a target.

When looking up at an aircraft from the point of view of a soldier on the ground camo is kinda pointless for 2 very obvious reasons in regards to using "Mark 1 Eyeball" to spot the target. Firstly is the amount of noise all aircraft make that gives you plenty of advanced warning of speed and direction while secondly is that aircraft will take on a shadowy silhouette when looking up at them (just look up when you hear a civilian aircraft flying over.

Now the rules for radar are very different. RAM or Radar Absorbent Materials such as paint or composites either absorb radar waves or deflect them at oblique angles thus reducing the RCS or Radar Cross Section of an aircraft on radar.

Its difficult to properly describe all this really because I do not fully understand how radar systems function because I have seen rather amusing and contradictory reports of simulated airial engagements where for example a lower tech aircraft has defeated a more advanced aircraft that has all the fancy "low observability" features. For example the number of times in simulated dogfights that American F/A-18F Super Hornets have engaged and defeated F-22A Raptors!

Although I do believe rotary wing aircraft such as helicopters to be death traps on the modern battlefield. Why you ask? Because the Battle of Mogadishu aka Black Hawk Down incident clearly showed that no matter how advanced your helicopter is, a determined opponent will bring them down with a combination of old fashioned unguided RPG's and small arms fire. Its a loud slow moving flying target that just begs to be shot down and yet it is the corner stone of modern battlefield operations... go figure hey?
D@V£
That link doesn't work sad.gif
Linker Split
QUOTE(D@V£ @ Nov 9 2007, 00:43) *
That link doesn't work sad.gif

try now wink.gif
Rellikki
It looks pretty nice. Are those retexturings though or whole new models? They look pretty similiar to the BIS aircraft, so I was wondering...
Kenwort
QUOTE(Rellikki @ Nov 9 2007, 02:52) *
It looks pretty nice. Are those retexturings though or whole new models? They look pretty similiar to the BIS aircraft, so I was wondering...

The model is made from scratch by yurapetrov! He started making the blackhawk when we were still working on OFP! smile.gif
Kenwort
Two new screens!
Flying over MOG!

Driving through the city.

p.s. some nice screens will come soon from Parvus!!! :notworthy:
Avalla'ch
Can't wait to blow some rebels wink.gif (No Racism!)
Oh and BTW: Check your Messages Linker blues.gif
Linker Split
QUOTE(Lord_Impaler† @ Nov 9 2007, 20:50) *
Can't wait to blow some rebels wink.gif (No Racism!)
Oh and BTW: Check your Messages Linker blues.gif

Checked, and answered wink.gif

Now, next pass is to add pavements and streets!
Retro19
Totally looks awsome cant wait to play it cause i hate the cities in Sahrani too small cant get lost in them but Somalia is it Mogadishu (cant spell it) you should make the hole map basicly just one huge giant city so people can easily get lost inside the city like down back allys and markets and stuff

Keep it up guys sounds awsome
Linker Split
QUOTE(Retro19 @ Nov 10 2007, 16:15) *
Totally looks awsome cant wait to play it cause i hate the cities in Sahrani too small cant get lost in them but Somalia is it Mogadishu (cant spell it) you should make the hole map basicly just one huge giant city so people can easily get lost inside the city like down back allys and markets and stuff

Keep it up guys sounds awsome

well, the city would be about I think 2km X 1.5km...
Jason
So, I assume you've finished the layout of the buildings etc? As you said you was putting paths/roads down.

Would I be asking to much to see a map view of the city from the editor or something ? smile.gif
Kenwort
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.