Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Australian Defence Force (ADF) MOD
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Mods
Pages: 1, 2
Nebula
THE ADF MOD

Hey All,

I'm here to talk to you about the ADF Mod. The ADF Mod is an Australian Army ArmA Mod. The Mod plans to release as many ADF Addons as possible into the ArmA Community. From the new M1A1 to high quality textured troops to the ARH-Tiger. The ADF Mod is currently low on mod members, but are releasing new WIP Pics constantly.

The ADF Mod is looking for Individuals who can help the Mod in these fields;
*Modelling
*Texturing
*Coding
*Importing Units from OFP to ArmA
*Mission Making
*Island Making
*BETA Testing

If you would like to help the ADF Mod in any way, please contact Rico at; richard_chantler@hotmail.com
Or You can visit our new and improved ADF Mod Website; http://adfmod.ifastnet.com/index.php

Thankyou for your co-operation. Please feel free to post comments and suggestions in this thread.

Some W.I.P's for you;

Some of the Projects we're planning on continuing is;
* Finishing and Polishing the units/vehicles/aircraft above
* Importing the AS-1, M113A4 and Tiger from OFP To ArmA and re-texturing and polishing them
* Importing all different types of Weapons. The F88, F89, Mag58 etc.

DOWNLOAD - ADF Mod Core Pack (v 1.0) - [50 MB]

Thankyou. smile.gif
Linker Split
wow ADF for ArmA too!!!! w00t.gif good work on that landrover (is it a landrover)?
Nebula
Yes that is a landrover. smile.gif
TheVipersFang
Its not just a Land Rover ... its a Miracle Land Rover! In a test mission it survived charging head long through 2 squads of infantry and a run in with a BMP-2 ... it was all fun and games until Rico blew it up with satchel charges to prove a point LOL blues.gif
Linker Split
QUOTE(TheVipersFang @ Nov 3 2007, 11:28) *
Its not just a Land Rover ... its a Miracle Land Rover! In a test mission it survived charging head long through 2 squads of infantry and a run in with a BMP-2 ... it was all fun and games until Rico blew it up with satchel charges to prove a point LOL blues.gif

lol funny thing! biggrin.gif
can't wait to play MP with you buys!
only if you play with us on the Mog too! sweatingbullets.gif
TheVipersFang
Of course! Gaming is all about mates getting together for a few hours fun drunk.gif
pMASTER
worship.gif Nice work! I'm totally looking foward to see the diggers ingame!
TheVipersFang
Just a question and a valid point ... SINCE WHEN WAS ANTIPOP A MEMBER OF THE "NEW" ADF MOD TEAM???
pMASTER
He is not, or is he? He is a member of the GR Team and of some Australian Clan but not of ADF Mod.
TheVipersFang
Not as far as I know. Rico has done most of the work himself with me providing reference material testing and a little bit of config info. He made this post without Rico's permission. Also Rico is having trouble registering on this site for some reason.
JdB
QUOTE(TheVipersFang @ Nov 3 2007, 13:02) *
Just a question and a valid point ... SINCE WHEN WAS ANTIPOP A MEMBER OF THE "NEW" ADF MOD TEAM???

TheVipersFang, please stop typing entire sentences in all-caps. Also if you feel that the information was posted here without permission, you should PM someone from the Moderator Staff and we'll censor the post until the modleader gets a chance to talk with us to explain things himself.

§6)Do not type in all capital letters, or in AlTeRnAtE cApS (Alternate caps)

Typing in all caps equals according to standard net etiquette to yelling. It is also difficult reading such posts.

And what are Rico's problems in registering here?
TheVipersFang
I'll keep my comments to myself about that.

In regards to Rico he is not getting a validation email when he tried to register.
JdB
I see Rico's problem has been solved, welcome smile.gif
RicoADF
Yep, thanks thumbsup.gif

Regarding the topic, Antipop is currently helping out with the website/forums and only has that as his role. I havent authorised this topic however I would have made 1 myself if I could have logged in cool.gif . No harm has been done so no need to go any further regarding this, only issue is that its the same images that were posted on the news before and as such there is no new WIP images in here yet, 1 sec ill post some thumbsup.gif

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/513/arm...17044712et9.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9058/ar...17040839ne9.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5995/ar...17042004lh9.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1769/ar...17042746il7.jpg

A few fixes to the troops hats/helmets regarding the fabric apearence, enjoy thumbsup.gif

P.S. Admin could you replace the pics on the newest news post with these since they use the same pics that are further down the page lol happy.gif
Btw, thanks viper for pointing out the unauthorised post and helping me get my account fixed cool.gif
DaRat
QUOTE(RicoADF @ Nov 3 2007, 14:50) *
P.S. Admin could you replace the pics on the newest news post with these since they use the same pics that are further down the page lol happy.gif

All fixed now, my mistake sweatingbullets.gif
mrjfin
Great work from u ozzie guys. Top class mods absolutely.
Sheildsy
Hey all, iam Sheildsy and i guess iam somewhat of the modeler/converter/new stuff artist for the ADF MOD ay smile.gif
TheVipersFang
Brace yourselves boys and girls because there may just be a release coming up in the near future after we do a little more testing just to make sure its all good thumbsup.gif Just don't tell anyone I told you guys biggrin.gif
RicoADF
QUOTE(TheVipersFang @ Nov 5 2007, 21:10) *
Brace yourselves boys and girls because there may just be a release coming up in the near future after we do a little more testing just to make sure its all good thumbsup.gif Just don't tell anyone I told you guys biggrin.gif

I guess thats what I get for having a few drinks with you drunk.gif rofl.gif
JimboWelcome
I'm installing ArmA right now and I'm looking forward to jumping in and checking it out. I'm Australian, so the ADF mod pack sounds great and I might be able to help out with some modelling. I couldn't get through to the website, but I'll try to send an e-mail through now to see if there's anything I can contribute.
TheVipersFang
Hey Jimbo biggrin.gif We could definately use some help in the modelling department, show us what you can do to help by emailing Rico or myself.
TheVipersFang
Just out of curiosity... How many people would be interested in a ADF unit replacement pack? ph34r.gif
Linker Split
me, when I'll get my hands over a new GPU! sweatingbullets.gif
TheVipersFang
Look out there may be an update soon...ish naughty.gif
TheVipersFang
Yes that core pack was a release. Please don't be too harsh in bug reporting because it's Ricos first public release of this kind.
Sheildsy
Not being harsh, but thought i might oint out some bugs i have noticed:
Rotors on the S-70 dont work
BIS Pilot in the MRH instead of ADF Pilot
BIS Inf in the 110's
Texture Error for DPCU Sniper
Fire Rate on F88 in full auto seems like consistant semi-auto fire
Zoom on F88 1.5 is beyond 1.5
Cant seem to crash tiger in water without a LOT of effort.

Other than that, good release fellas.
TheVipersFang
Ya preaching to the choir mate, I tried to tell him it was not ready yet but Rico was over keen to get it out there for people to play with. Try to think of this release as more of a public alpha test to help find the bugs and issues happy.gif
RicoADF
QUOTE(Sheildsy @ Dec 27 2007, 15:27) *
Cant seem to crash tiger in water without a LOT of effort.

It cant crash into water? Admitably it isnt something I looked at since, well I think its fair that crashing at sea isnt a top priority for pilots rofl.gif
Most of those bugs have been pointed out, Disco_Stu is on the S-70 rotor bug and I'm attacking the others, shouldnt take too long to get most if not all of them fixed naughty.gif
And thanks for posting the bugs for us to fix thumbsup.gif
Sheildsy
Also, the Rotor on the MRH looks like it is about to fling off and whack a nun in the face.
And Fang mate, i think you should liase with Rico a bit more before pointing out faults in the mod happy.gif

Cheers Fellas
ONI
just so you know shieldsy he is one of their beta testers and team it just wasnt pointed out is all

edit: my correction retract my last ...he isnt the person i thought he was.
TheVipersFang
Should I be offended by that remark Oni?

I do prefer the AAW Steyr over the ones in this pack.
RicoADF
QUOTE(Sheildsy @ Dec 27 2007, 16:41) *
Also, the Rotor on the MRH looks like it is about to fling off and whack a nun in the face.

Poor nun naughty.gif
Actually that's been fixed, but I accidently put the wrong .pbo in the pack ph34r.gif
TheVipersFang
So when can we expect another release?

Bushmaster or ASLAV or how about an M4A5 with Elcan optic and AN/PEQ-2!!

Maybe some more heavily tooled up infantry units too.
RicoADF
I'm working on the ASLAV and Bushmaster, will get pics asap.
Sorry about slowdown, but TAFE started 3 weeks ago, been getting back into the routine of getting up before 12pm lol happy.gif
I'll get some pics asap thumbsup.gif
TheVipersFang
Evil reality taking away precious modding time... HOW DARE IT!
Sheildsy
So when can we expect another release?

Bushmaster or ASLAV or how about an M4A5 with Elcan optic and AN/PEQ-2!!

Maybe some more heavily tooled up infantry units too.

Thought you where actuly part of the team vipers :S

Brace yourselves boys and girls because there may just be a release coming up in the near future after we do a little more testing just to make sure its all good Just don't tell anyone I told you guys
TheVipersFang
Look people we have a comedian here in Sheildsy! Why do you always have to try to be a smartass? That's my job!

Actually I was hoping that by making a post in the public forums some people may take a renewed interest or offer to help. I'm only a part of the mod team when I'm not working and got some free time sweatingbullets.gif
Sheildsy
Iam a smart ass becouse there is a lack of consistancy in your posts smile.gif
I just have an eye for detail, it is how i make my money now-a-days
The_Shadow
may i just ask what have happened to the ADF mod website?
it seams it hasnt been updated for ages and the forums are constantly down, and has been so for atleast 2 months.
TheVipersFang
I hate to break it to you Sheildsy but I am past the point where I care about your opinion any more.
Blackbuck
I think this could be taken up over PM rather than derailing the topic which I have a bad feeling is going to happen.
JdB
QUOTE(Helping Hand @ Mar 6 2008, 15:50) *
I think this could be taken up over PM rather than derailing the topic which I have a bad feeling is going to happen.

X2.

TheVipersFang and Sheildsy, please continue this "discussion" through PM.
Silent Raptor
FINALLY AN AUSSIE MOD thx for the mod guys good work just wondering if you are going to incorporate f88 attachments like GLA and the combine version. also are their any chances in getting F-111 as well and SAS units. thx for the mod
Sparky Speirs
nice looking mod! biggrin.gif
RicoADF
QUOTE(Silent Raptor @ Apr 5 2008, 13:50) *
just wondering if you are going to incorporate f88 attachments like GLA and the combine version

There should be a carbine version unless I disabled it for some technical reason, I need to have alook again (due to TAFE I havent touched it in months, but now holidays have started I'm back on the job thumbsup.gif )

are their any chances in getting F-111 as well and SAS units.

They are both planned and will be done as soon as the current bugs are fixed smile.gif

thx for the mod

Your welcome smile.gif
Nebula
Hey all, it's Antipop from the ADF Mod. Just posting a small video I just whipped up using some of the new units coming in version 0.2. Now this is till Work in Progress and everything in this video still being worked on.

------------------------------------
ADF MOD 0.2 CHANGELOG:
------------------------------------
New Additions:
ASLAV
Bushmaster
FA/18
New Scopes - Elcans, Aimpoints, Acogs etc
(And a few other little suprises)

Updates:
Fixed S-70A errors
Fixed MRH-90 errors
Fixed Tiger errors
Fixed Soldier bugs with shadows
Fixed Weapon shadows
Numerous other bug fixes

ADF Mod is still looking for anyone who would like to help out. If you are interested, email Rico at; richard_chantler@hotmail.com
Thanks and enjoy this small teaser video created by myself.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=cCgl5p6RTQU
TheVipersFang
Do the "few little surprises" include as many bugs as the last release? rofl.gif

(Before some anal retentive individual says something, this is an inside joke not an attempt to flame.)
Blackbuck
It's still a rather pointless post tiredsmiley.gif Don't bother one like it again. If it is an inside joke use the PM system or an external messenger to communicate not the forum thread...
Stavrogin1980
It is probably a stupid comment, but... well, these new ADF units will make happy not only the fans of the Australian Army, but also those who like RACS smile.gif Thank you very much for your hard work!

Were you able to do anything with the interior of the ASLAV?..
& a few more pics of the LAV would be appreciate, no doubt smile.gif
RicoADF
I'll see what I can do about pics, but we really need another texturer, so anyone that can help please contact us, its the thing slowing us down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.