Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Political Discussion Thread
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > OT Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
Blackbuck
Manu' - Magupl
Country - USA
Calibre - 5.56x45mm

Can accept ak74 magazines in the one variant
uses a short stroke piston simmilar to the AR18/G36
Available for civ purchase i think
pMASTER
QUOTE(Helping Hand @ Feb 23 2007, 16:35) *

Manu' - Magupl
Country - USA
Calibre - 5.56x45mm

Can accept ak74 magazines in the one variant
uses a short stroke piston simmilar to the AR18/G36
Available for civ purchase i think

for sure not in germany sad.gif
Lt. Earth Apple
Why not ?semi-automatic rifles are relatively easy to get here
pMASTER
QUOTE(Lt. Earth Apple @ Feb 24 2007, 01:06) *

Why not ?semi-automatic rifles are relatively easy to get here

new edition of fire arms law? semi automatic rifles are restricted due to the fact that the concerning licence is very hard to get. of course, their is no problem if you have your waffenbesitzkarte and your großen waffenschein, but until this point it´s a long way.

good find about this weapon anyway.
Lt. Earth Apple
QUOTE(pMASTER @ Feb 25 2007, 00:55) *

new edition of fire arms law? semi automatic rifles are restricted due to the fact that the concerning licence is very hard to get. of course, their is no problem if you have your waffenbesitzkarte and your großen waffenschein, but until this point it´s a long way.

good find about this weapon anyway.

True, but compaired to Great Britain wink.gif
It's a long but doable way
D@V£
I know I've been saying this a lot recently, but really now I've heard everything!.
Blackbuck
Well that sums up the nanny state we live in, when I was choosing what options i had the AR15 crossed my mind then i thought whats the point if it has to be a straight pull so i'm gonna settle for something like a K98K...
Elliot Carver
D@V£ makes a good point folks and we shouldnt miss it - this is what is going to force us into war with Iran. Up untill then I was all against invading Iran. They are their own country and the US is only after oil to power their military to take over the world when the rest of us run out of resorces in 2040(oil)/60(gas).
But now that Iran has the capability of launching spaced based weapon platforms to put a nuke on a target worldwide...changes things slightly. Iran is a good place - its leadership is whats wrong. Some despot ruler gets into power over this twit they have atm and we wake up to nuked westen city on bbc news 24.

btw I always wondered what a SIG and a SCAR would look like blended...with that ak74 i now know ^^ all it needs now is a boxmag, a bipod and a red dot scope and u got yourself the mother of all CQB weapons mwhahaha
Lt. Earth Apple
QUOTE(Elliot Carver @ Feb 27 2007, 01:27) *

D@V£ makes a good point folks and we shouldnt miss it - this is what is going to force us into war with Iran. Up untill then I was all against invading Iran. They are their own country and the US is only after oil to power their military to take over the world when the rest of us run out of resorces in 2040(oil)/60(gas).
But now that Iran has the capability of launching spaced based weapon platforms to put a nuke on a target worldwide...changes things slightly. Iran is a good place - its leadership is whats wrong. Some despot ruler gets into power over this twit they have atm and we wake up to nuked westen city on bbc news 24.

a lot of countries can launch them, but they don't.
But I can't denie that Bush (or the USA at all ?) cannot permit to leave the misssucces of war in Iraq stand allone, without any succes.
Bush needs a succes somewhere else (and the Oil tongue.gif )
Even France, (England and Germany should have protested) but that's something else stupid.gif
Elliot Carver
Ok here is a deeper question...
The Lt here says Bush cant leave iraq without some success. Afghanistan was it a success and would invading Iran bring stability to Iraq?
Lt. Earth Apple
My personal Opinion will stay "no !"
The majority of people I know think it was not a succes, you can't fight Terroisme like that (but get oil wink.gif )
Maybe I'm totaly wrong, but that's what I and most people see.
pMASTER
it would hardly bring any success. to reduce the issue to combat action, they invaded iraq with success and pushed out the taliban regime. what do we learn through this efforts? a war can be won, but the mentality of the people and the reasons for this mentality cannot be defeated only with military force. even if the entire nato would invade the whole middle east with millions of troops, there still would be the idea behind the mentality which makes men to play suicide bomber.
once it worked in germany, that is the reason why the anglo-american part of the alliance thinks it must work today. nothing more.
D@V£
I'm sorry, I think you missed the point Carver, that's not what I'm saying. I'm just pointing out that Iran launching a missile into orbit wasn't expected...

...but then again, neither was the Wii being considered a true form of exercise...

...or the norweigen government creating a nuclear proof farm...

...I suppose now is a bad time to bring this up...

(if you already know about this, feel free not to express your surprise Malajn.gif )

I'd like to add that I in no way advocate an invasion of Iran. Iraq was justifiable even without the WMDs, no ones liked Saddam and some of the stuff he did could never be justified. This is not the case with Iran.
IPB Image
pMASTER
[quote name='D@V£' post='10240' date='Feb 27 2007, 22:25']
I'm sorry, I think you missed the point Carver, that's not what I'm saying. I'm just pointing out that Iran launching a missile into orbit wasn't expected...

...but then again, neither was the Wii being considered a true form of exercise...

...or the norweigen government creating a nuclear proof farm...

...I suppose now is a bad time to bring this up...

(if you already know about this, feel free not to express your surprise Malajn.gif )
I'd like to add that I in no way advocate an invasion of Iran. Iraq was justifiable even without the WMDs, no ones liked Saddam and some of the stuff he did could never be justified. This is not the case with Iran.

blink.gif ?! is this true?
D@V£
Well, have you known the BBC to publish misinformation?
pMASTER
zombies?! maybe that article is an extraction from farmland herald?
Blackbuck
QUOTE(D@V£ @ Feb 28 2007, 18:02) *
Well, have you known the BBC to publish misinformation?

Yes...

But article be fake.
DaRat
lol, I thought it was real at first - scary shit! But yeah, I think it's fake too. Just look at the URL tiredsmiley.gif
Elliot Carver
better still look at the date tongue.gif i cant belive u all missed that Copy of rolleyes.gif problem is you wouldnt put it past most governments not to be true which speaks loads about what actually could be out there....

The Wii is a form of exercise god dammit! lols
I can see what you mean D@V£. The unexpectedness of the development took the unknowing by surprise but notably it did not create the uproar and backlash that i was expecting. That would tell me that the coalition already knew about it and passed it off as a non threat. You could draw a conclusion from thus that they know Iran is developing a nuke. Iran is playing us 'the public' - the voting public - against our nations. Knowing that we wont go along with another invasion Iran is playing the western worlds bluff. fair oversight?
Lt. Earth Apple
Nah, it's not, it's not .... Get ready for anarchy .... Yeeeehaaa !

(no, I'm kidding) sweatingbullets.gif
Blackscorpion
QUOTE(da rat @ Feb 28 2007, 20:44) *
lol, I thought it was real at first - scary shit! But yeah, I think it's fake too. Just look at the URL tiredsmiley.gif

Especially the top "Printable version" one... naughty.gif
BigglesTrevor
hehe, April fool, hence the date.
Deadeye
Dave posted it ages ago. tongue.gif REPOST still funny
Wittmann
Australia is buying 24 "SuperHornets' to cover our capability gap when the F111s are retired and the now later than expected introduction of the F35, also meaning less FA18A Hornets will have to undergo the HUG program. This is also a reaction to Indonesia and Malaysia's appropriation of SU30's and Singapore's acquisition of advanced F15 fighters.

In an interesting move too, Singapore has purchased 66 Leopard 2A4 tanks for its army,they will replace their AMX13s and Centurion upgrades. Singapore is a small island nation so their major military hardware is actually based offshore, their armour is currently located in Taiwan and Brunei.

The Australian DMO is also looking at acquiring from the Dutch 18 surplus PzH 2000 SPA's in exchange for 350 Bushmaster IMVs, of which the Dutch have purchased 25 in use in Afghanistan, and appear to be pleased with them.

The Dutch have also been receiving vehicles from the Canadians in exchange for allowing the Canadians usage of Dutch CH47s in Afghanistan. It is believed pensioners in London may coble together funds for a Spitfire to be exchanged for Tulip bulbs tongue.gif

The UK is opting for more C17s after the A400m has been delayed. The RAAF is now operating its first C17s from Amberley air force base.

DaRat
Oooh! A comedian! tongue.gif lol
Marxist
i think that this weapon will be widely used for ssome upcoming decades

Lt. Earth Apple
No ? Really ?
An what is it ?
( tongue.gif )
The AK will stay for a long time a a good an cheap built weapon.
If I had to finance an army, I would buy AKs because of the price, and the "symbolisation" tongue.gif
DaRat
I think that water will be used to hydrate soldiers for years to come
Blackbuck
I thought this was a serious topic blink.gif Might as well be in OT2 atm...
Wittmann
It is serious so back on topic...
BigglesTrevor
hey guys. this is to anyone who knows anything about german panzers in ww2. My dads building a Tiger from scratch 1/6 scale (the same as dragon figures, which will make up the crew). For his birthday im going to get him some stuff to put on it. they What type of things did put on tigers in terms of equipment? (canteens, weapons etc..), so i can buy it in dragon to put on the finished tank. I read they liked to use parachutist helmits is that true?
Blackbuck
I got a great big referance book if anything is needed from it. If it can wait till tonight I'll do some scans of it for you thumbsup.gif
Wittmann
Wheres Homer? I mean I could list a few things but Id rather consult the resident panzer encyclopedia smile.gif
Blackscorpion
Well, dunno about that parachutist's helmet thingy. They actually had padded berets, which were fairly good AFAIK, like their black overall uniforms, which pretty much, as with German uniforms in general, doubled as parade uniforms. I suppose that all crewmembers had a pistol (Walther P38) and an MP40 or 2 was issued per tank.

This site seems to have few nice photos... spare tracks are pretty much "standard issue", and some wires and stuff to keep the thing going... few seem to have an AA mount MG42 in the commander's cupola, few have branches and such for camo and one seems to have water bottles or helmets hanging on the side of the turret... but generally rather clean. unsure.gif
BigglesTrevor
QUOTE(Helping Hand @ Mar 20 2007, 07:25) *
I got a great big referance book if anything is needed from it. If it can wait till tonight I'll do some scans of it for you thumbsup.gif

that would be great, cheers for that site scorp. I guess Homer will be able to suggest a few things when hes around.
pMASTER
i have a short question...is there any difference between the .45 acp round and the .45 auto? for sure, acp is an abbreviation for automatic colt pistol so it could be the same which i think is the case, but sometimes i see both acronyms used at one time, apparently to differentiate between two different pistol calibers.
Jimboob
Found this pretty interesting.
Blackbuck
Interesting. But in the right hands an AK can be quite accurate up to ~300 yds
Wittmann
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6228342.stm

Yeah, I can see that actually...'colourful language' tongue.gif
Blackbuck
Being threatened by a load of Aussies with AUGs and Minimis would be daunting to say the least. After all aren't the Australians some of the worlds bravest soldiers?
BigglesTrevor
hahaha! i can just imagine a broken australian voice on a speaker system , "F*** Off". tongue.gif

Royal Navy, pfffftt what do you expect. Will never get 15 paras surrendering to the Iranians.
D@V£
We need to hire out the australian navy then! biggrin.gif
Wittmann
Technically it already belongs to the Queen...
D@V£
Hurrah! Technicalities!
Elliot Carver
heh heh heh proves the british have become a bunch of small furry animals that go 'meow'. Up until the 80's the forces were the force to be recconed with. We had Phantoms, Lightnings and V Bombers. We had big carriers like Ark Royal. Our troops were all over the world peace keeping. Our tanks were the best. We were the best. Now our forces are nothing! killed with budget cuts and red tape. We have the eurofighter without a cannon becuase we cant afford it. Were only getting 1 replacement aircraft carrier becuase we cant afford the planned three. Weve left our ships sitting ducks becuase we cant afford the air defences like the Sea Harrier. Our seakings are being kept on for another 10 years becuase we cant afford to replace them. We cant even defend ourselves from kidnappers and when we do get caught we spill the information like traitors and cry to our media. RIP British Armed Forces.
Wittmann
Dont worry! The ADF, NZDF and Royal Canadian forces will defend you! smile.gif
Rellikki
Well, I've tried everywhere else so I thought I'd ask here too. Anyone know the name of those chestrigs that OPFOR wear in America's Army?
Here's some pics:
Pic # 1
Pic # 2
Pic # 3
Blackbuck
Here

I showed you on msn but this makes me look good tongue.gif
Rellikki
Excellent, excellent. Now when I know its name, I can start my world domination attempts. Thanks a lot.
Lt. Earth Apple
Got a question:
I want to buy an Airsoft, but there are some problems.
The first one is the fact I'm living in Germany and not anymore in Switzerland where AEGs >0.5 Joules are allowed, and combined with the problem I'm only 16, it results it's not possible to own legaly any good and powerfull AEGs (only Semi-AEGs, and even there, officialy I'm to young for them)

So AEG's <0.5 are allowed when you are older than 14, but the most time, it's cheap crap, so I wanted to know your opinion about this gun and the maker

AS-24 SCAR L
Details:
Caliber: 6 mm BB
System: AEG - Automatic Electric Gun
Material: ABS and metal parts
Mag: ca. 300 rounds.
Length: ca. 610 mm / 775mm
Weight: ca. 3.000 g
Scale: 1:1
Range: ca. 50 m
Energy: ca. 0,45 Joule (+- 0,03)
Gearbox: Metall Version 2

Is it worth the 140 € ?

Thanks for you opinion wink.gif

PS: Not sure if it's the right thread

I guess I found out they're sold in germany by AS24, and in the UK they are "imported" by JLS or Jing Gong
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.