Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VERY INTRESTING MOD
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Mods
Heromodding
Hello all

theres so many unsuccesful mods happening and hero modding wants to pull everyone together and make a really big mod.
theres no official idea yet that will be discussed in a seperate thread

if your intrested in joining please visit http://creator.zoho.com/heromodding/form/1/

we will launch the website up as soon as we have enough people to begin planning the mod and we will email everyone there will also be a post on here..

please apply people we are still looking for mod leads
Rellikki
Some ideas here: You could try making some fictional conflict like USA vs. China or something... Something like Operation Flashpoint 2 by Codemasters. There is already many mods covering all the real conflicts from world war 2 to the modern day... apart from the Soviet Afghanistan war (another idea there).

I've seen some of your work in the other thread of yours and it looked really detailed. If you'll ever get to make anything, I'm sure it will look really good. I wish you good luck!
xEnigmax
i think a Korean war mod would be interesting.
I can't remember the conflict ever being covered in a mod for OFP
JdB
QUOTE(xEnigmax @ Feb 22 2008, 17:13) *
i think a Korean war mod would be interesting.
I can't remember the conflict ever being covered in a mod for OFP

Suppose you haven't been around that much, as I still vividly remember Bmgarcangel's The Forgotten War: Conflict in Korea wink.gif
GIJOE94
I reckon an SAS gulf war theme based on the Andy Mcnab book: Bravo two zero, scince there was so much stuff like that for ofp and in arma theres only 2 islands and some republican guards.
Heromodding
QUOTE(GIJOE94 @ Feb 22 2008, 16:54) *
I reckon an SAS gulf war theme based on the Andy Mcnab book: Bravo two zero, scince there was so much stuff like that for ofp and in arma theres only 2 islands and some republican guards.

Thats a good idea..
xEnigmax
QUOTE(JdB @ Feb 22 2008, 16:25) *
Suppose you haven't been around that much, as I still vividly remember Bmgarcangel's The Forgotten War: Conflict in Korea wink.gif

I've been around plenty,
since the start of the OFP modding scene.
just never registered on sites.
spent to much time playing biggrin.gif

as i remember TFW:CIK showed some nice screens but never released?
or did it slip by me.

I do remember the B-29 *drools*

Sheildsy
Instead of a Fiction Conflict, make a Fictional Army, just like my RLK Project smile.gif
\Allows more creativity and lesse historical accuracy needed
Heromodding
i like that a lot
TheVipersFang
Theres a good anime called Macross, I doubt too many people here would know it. Basically some giant alien space ship crashes to earth... long story short I would like to see a mod made depicting the anti-unification war (Anti UN War) that happened shortly after the crash of the alien ship. I could go into more detail but I'll see if anyone is interested first.

The main setting of the Anti UN War was through the 1990's mainly with Warsaw Pact countries squaring off against NATO.
Heromodding
i love the story of War of the Worlds if thats the type of thing. please explain the ideas
TheVipersFang
It is kind of like a war of the worlds thing (that in itself would made a great basis for a mod) Some of the stuff that is in the main Macross stroyline would be near impossible to recreate in ArmA (large mecha type vehicles and some can transform namely the Valkyrie). I thought the Anti UN War would have fit nicely into ArmA because it starts out with Warsaw Pact countries fighting against NATO countries over things like who can lay claim to the alien space ship wreckage and its amazing new technologies. New weapons are rapidly developed over a span of ten years. Mostly advances in current technology like better planes and the first walker type manned combat robots (mecha). Mostly the UN wins and becomes dominant at the end of a 10 year period during which the alien space is is rebuilt and restored as a means of defending earth from any hostile invasion... which happens when the aliens show up to take back their ship! A huge battle breaks out and ultimately earth is depopulated in a massive orbital strike... I am skimming over large sections of storyline here. Overall it is one of the best anime series ever made, parts of it are being made into a whole new series now too. Geez I sound like a nerd here LOL! Disregard that last bit!

I can provide more info with pictures if there is real interest in taking this further.
Here are some links you can have a look at if you want to know more about the main Macross storyline:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotech
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross_Zero
Benoist
I'm with you in the nerd aspect.
Unfortunately i've never seen Macross, I only saw Robotech.

It's a shame that it's imposible to make a Valkyrie in ArmA, would be great.
Linker Split
QUOTE(Benoist @ Feb 24 2008, 02:34) *
I'm with you in the nerd aspect.
Unfortunately i've never seen Macross, I only saw Robotech.

It's a shame that it's imposible to make a Valkyrie in ArmA, would be great.

er, can you two tell me what is a Valkyrie? unsure.gif
Benoist
A Valkyrie is a Mech, plane and a hibrid between those two.

This reemplaces the need of combined arms, since they can act like a plane and like armored infantry.
SaS TrooP
Best thing is to create USA vs. China. Show the fucken Codems how to make good games.
Viva La BIS!
Death for Codems!
Linker Split
QUOTE(SaS TrooP @ Feb 24 2008, 14:16) *
Best thing is to create USA vs. China. Show the fucken Codems how to make good games.
Viva La BIS!
Death for Codems!

yo calm down.
Nobody need those type of comments here glare.gif
TheVipersFang
Thats not technically a Valkyrie, it's a YF-19 prototype. Now thats nerdy! LOL!!!
Benoist
That's the only pic which has the three modes.
TheVipersFang
I've got heaps of pictures but for some reason I can not upload them to this site thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
Jeza
I think a possible idea could be, a possible global suprise Iranian attack on coalition forces in iraq, something like massive amount of units of infantry and armour/air and missile strikes from the iranians, pushing coalition forces back and a possible counter attack on iran as a consiqence, something along those lines, doing that will give you many avenus to explore.
JdB
These models have been taken from Turbosquid.com, where they are available for free download. Evidence provided to us overwhelmingly proved to us that this was the case.

The person known as "Heromodding" and "Huntelaar" on these forums has also done this under the same nicknames in other game communities. Sneaking to another community doesn't make your past go away. By admitting your deeds and moving on, we gave you the chance to start over. Since you keep claiming IP (Intellectual Property) over other people's work, we see no other option than to protect this community from you, and ban you from these forums.

[§1] No discussion on game-alterations that break the EULA

Discussions about copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering of BIS games, or any other software will not be tolerated. Such discussions may be deleted immediately. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer having access to the site and forums. If the poster produces addons, the site-team may decide to have his/their addons banned from the site.

CLOSED

Jeza, you've revived a 3,5 month old thread. While that is allowed if the content is sufficient (which it is), it doesn't make very much sense in this particular case, because "Heromodding" hasn't been online as can be read in his profile "Last Seen: 27th February 2008 - 19:10", and by the lack of replies to ideas by him in his own topic. As the chances of any mod project suggested here being actually produced by him, this thread has lost it's use.

[§5] Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 6 weeks should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant" PM a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.