Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buldozer error from Visitor 3
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Bunta Fodder
I was using Visitor 3 and attempted to get into buldozer, but I get the error:
Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)

I've checked around, google searching and searching through this forum, but I couldn't find any difinitive answer to why this occurs.

I though my card (GeForce 7950GT) was compatible with pixel shaders; I've fully updated everything, and even have re-installed DirectX, and ArmA; but to no avail.

Does anyone know what could be the problem for this?

Thanks
Linker Split
It's your videocard. It doesn't support pixel shader.
Deadeye
QUOTE(Linker Split @ Feb 28 2008, 23:29) *
It's your videocard. It doesn't support pixel shader.

I've got the same card and isn't Bulldozer using the same stuff as ArmA? Because ArmA runs with the 7950 GT
Bunta Fodder
QUOTE(Deadeye @ Feb 29 2008, 10:01) *
I've got the same card and isn't Bulldozer using the same stuff as ArmA? Because ArmA runs with the 7950 GT

That's exactly what I thought, there must be something with the shaders in buldozer in particular, 'cause I checked nVidia's site on the 7950GT, and it looked like it did support pixel shaders....

http://www.nvidia.com/object/7_series_techspecs.html

On that it says: Support for DirectX 9.0 Pixel Shader 3.0

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here... what exactly do you need to go into Buldozer from Visitor 3?
Sgt.Ace
Its nothing new and not your card is ok, you need to update your bin and core foldiers in ArmA work with the arma bin and core pbos (extract the pbos) and it should run.

/Sgt.Ace
Bunta Fodder
QUOTE(Sgt.Ace @ Feb 29 2008, 12:20) *
Its nothing new and not your card is ok, you need to update your bin and core foldiers in ArmA work with the arma bin and core pbos (extract the pbos) and it should run.

/Sgt.Ace

Sorry if this is a question from being too dense: All I do is extract the bin and core pbo's into the folder they are currently in?
Sgt.Ace

I unpbo (with cpbo from kegety.net) the "X:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\Dta\bin.pbo to update the shader files in "P:\bin"
Bunta Fodder
Ok, I got it now: I had the P:\ set up incorrectly, now things work very well.

Thank you.
Shane
Ok What Was The Problem Im Haveing The Same Thing Happen Can Some One help All my Drivers or Up To Date
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.