Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: John Rambo
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Chatter, Word Games & Jokes
Call for WW2
John Rambo(Rambo 4) IS the best action movie this year. The claymore that Rambo sets as a trap next to the WW2 bomb, ahhh biggrin.gif. And the .50 cal in the end, FFS guts and head's all over the place __yuk.gif And all the knifing by Rambo and the other mercs, especcialy when Rambo takes the trhoat out of the man with his BARE HANDS!!! biggrin.gif And when that's not enough, Rambo slices the eeeevil enemy general's intestines( can actually see the intestines fall out omgroflmaoooo biggrin.gif). Just excellent. I think it better than all the other Rambo movies tongue.gif
Benoist
I didn't see John Rambo, but I seriously doubt that it can be better than First Blood. For me that IS the Nam veteran movie.
How everyone rejects him since he is called "babykiller" and how he tries to be in the society and how he allways fails since he was only good at war, that's a good movie for me, and the bodycount is 1-3 (I don't remember very well, I know he kills a cop in the Police Station).
Call for WW2
QUOTE(Benoist @ Mar 4 2008, 22:31) *
I didn't see John Rambo, but I seriously doubt that it can be better than First Blood. For me that IS the Nam veteran movie.
How everyone rejects him since he is called "babykiller" and how he tries to be in the society and how he allways fails since he was only good at war, that's a good movie for me, and the bodycount is 1-3 (I don't remember very well, I know he kills a cop in the Police Station).

Go, see it. Buy a DVD, go to a cinema, anything, you ARE going to be impressed!!! biggrin.gif
Rellikki
I just watched all the Rambo movies one week ago. Rambo 4 was the best. smile.gif
Nomad
I am downloading John Rambo right now biggrin.gif .
Blackbuck
Seen 3 and 4 and most of 1 and 2. I like 4 the most for the 50 cal moments.
D@V£
I haven't seen it yet...

What's up with this anyway? All of Mr. Stallions films recently have been named after the full name of the main character... when traditionally they were either named after the first or last name! ohmy.gif

I mean, look at at the last Rocky Film, "Rocky Balboa"! What would have been wrong with Rambo 4!? weirdsmiley.gif
BigglesTrevor
He keeps digging up his old movies. Retire already, you cant beat the 1st Rambo.
JdB
QUOTE(BigglesTrevor @ Mar 4 2008, 22:48) *
you cant beat the 1st Rambo.

I agree. First Blood actually addressed historical/psychological/political issues, where as 2 and 3 were just 80's blood spectacles to please the teenage crowd with mindless "violence" (can't call it warfare as it has nothing to do with real warfare). Pure cashcows.
Messiah
you can't beat Rambo 3 and the do-it-yourself hind (Super puma, cardboard, sticky back plastic and a lot of imagination)
Blackscorpion
QUOTE(Benoist @ Mar 4 2008, 22:31) *

I thought it's closer to a dozen? weirdsmiley.gif Or am I just missing all the guys he injured?

Lets see... the chopper, 1 guy falls off. Can't remember if the chopper actually blows up, too. Few guys as he's getting hunt down... and I haven't really seen the rest.
Benoist
I think that bodycount is how many cadavers apear on screen, but I think that he didn't kill more than 3.
But I haven't seen it for a long time, so you can be right.
Daniel
QUOTE(Messiah @ Mar 4 2008, 22:58) *
you can't beat Rambo 3 and the do-it-yourself hind (Super puma, cardboard, sticky back plastic and a lot of imagination)

Haha, loved that! Apparently the pilots loved it too, the fake wings gave them more lift. Rambo 1 was awesome, havn't seen Rambo 4 yet.
Rellikki
QUOTE(Daniel @ Mar 5 2008, 13:16) *
Haha, loved that! Apparently the pilots loved it too, the fake wings gave them more lift. Rambo 1 was awesome, havn't seen Rambo 4 yet.

...was that supposed to be a Hind? weirdsmiley.gif
Daniel
Haha, yep! Malajn.gif
Avalla'ch
But damn I dont remember in which rambo movie(execpt fourth one) he did same things like slicing somebody head only with one cut....and after that shooting the other soldiers brain to bloody pieces... tongue.gif
Call for WW2
QUOTE(Avalla @ Mar 5 2008, 20:24) *
But damn I dont remember in which rambo movie(execpt fourth one) he did same things like slicing somebody head only with one cut....and after that shooting the other soldiers brain to bloody pieces... tongue.gif

I'd bet it was in 2 and 3, because they were almost the same movies biggrin.gif
But still, the forth is catching on to the first!!! C'Mon people dance.gif
NeMeSiS
There was not enough violence..
Daniel
I met a load of members of my ArmA unit for the first time in real life and we went to see Rambo 4 in Manchester, had a great time! Love the bit where School Boy stays behind and blows those two sentries off the path (one bodily, the other by decapitation). That got a few cheers in the cinema! tongue.gif

Although saying that, some of the bits with the kids and civies getting killed seemed a bit much. Guess some things need to be shown though. tiredsmiley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.