Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: creating a black screen as default viewpoint
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Operation Flashpoint
reed101
Hello everyone,

I am creating a voice intiated artwork using the ofp engine for personal use, but iam stuck , i have created a mission
where when i am a civillian on desert isalnd, and when i speak into a micraphione via pilfius voice ativated keystrokes, a command the view switches to different camera angles showing pictures, sound and text i have inserted into the game via
billboards. and then returns back to me the civillian poiunt of view.
what i want is the civillians point of view to be completeley black , until it switches to the camera positions , and black when it switches back.
so in effect the normal view is black until i speak the command , i want the effect to be instant .

i thought it might be possible to do tjhis via scripts , but iam a graphic designer not a scripter, i also thought it might be possible to make the screen black via changing the crosshairs to a black screen with photoshop , but think there must be an easier option
any ideas would be greatley appreaciated.
kind regards
reed101

NeZz_DK
Have you tried taking a look at the TitleText command and the cutText
command I think it should be a easy job implementing into the mission either by a trigger or in a script
reed101
Yeah i am using them at the moment, it seems my problem is more specificly , getting the screen to go black and stay black until i voice activate another trigger.

my setup at the moment is i am on desert island when i say for eg : red , pilfius activates a radio command ie juliet via the menu , which is a setpos camcreate type script that moves the viewpoint to a camera infront of the billboard for a certain amount of time , between 1 and 20 seconds, i use a tittle text , cut text fade in which lasts between 1 to 3 seconds
then a fade out . at which point i return to my original civillian , awaiting the next command .
Unfortunateley i dont know how to script it so when it returns to the civillian the screen goes black again until the next command .?
actually writing this has given me an idea... maybe its possible to put in the init line a title text black in , and after every cam setpos movement another
black in until the next command is issued , i will try this .
thanks for the help , if anyone eles has any ideas , please share.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.