Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Unsung Vietnam War Mod
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Mods
Pages: 1, 2
Polish GI
The The Unsung Vietnam War MOD is alive and kicking!

We have just released these initial screenshots of our current work. These initial screenshots are the first of many to come while showing our progress in the new Armed Assault environment.

From our Operation Flashpoint days, we have strived to build a MOD based on realism during the Vietnam War. It is our mission to recreate the battlefield in order to simulate the experience of being in an actual southeast asian jungle.

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

Note: Pictures are un-edited and actual in game shots.

Wanna know who The Unsung is?

What you say? Never heard of The Unsung mod? Wanna know more about us?

We have our own BIKI page with lots of info on the group: click here!

Also we have our own website: click here!

Stay tuned for any news about the MOD's first release in ArmA that will be posted in this thread!

Be sure to also visit for the latest news about the Vietnam war in OFP and ArmA.
Dan
I do remember your addons back in ofp days, I waited years for your "beta 1"
I thought you would be abandoned armed assault already but I see you didnt!
That is very nice, and I think your mod will deliver a better quality (even with less addons) than the VTE Mod(Which claims as best arma vietnam mod themselves)
Linker Split
m8, I would like to help your MOD to improve significantly with better jungle performance.

Let me know

Linker Spit smile.gif
Warrior X™
QUOTE(Linker Split @ Jun 14 2008, 10:16) *
m8, I would like to help your MOD to improve significantly with better jungle performance.

Let me know

Linker Spit smile.gif

Ello,

Contact our main island dude through OFPNAM called CJ525: click here (you must be logged in, but i think you have an account already there)

Cheers,

X™ smile.gif
Yac
I present several screens from work at this mod. Conceptual work, have to check models in environment of game. There are photos from game, unedit. Logo and frames only added.

SF Soldier near ancient ruin.. sunset

Full size

Desant from water... PBR II 3xM2 and SF team.

Full size

and from air... SF Team and UH1 "Slick"

Full size

It scants only Predator between trees happy.gif

Full size

Island from background is not part of The Unsung Mod. !!!!!
ConnorSG1
Awesome screenshots !
Deadeye
I agree smile.gif

News posted !
mk1
great shots! what's that island then?
Yac
It in tropical climates my working island
Linker Split
QUOTE(Yac @ Jun 14 2008, 15:04) *
It in tropical climates my working island

m8, what region of Vietnam are you representing?

Da nang? ia Drang?
Yac
2 Linker Split

Small clipping of something has to remember that simply SEA. Nothing else. smile.gif
D@V£
3rd picture is awesome! I actually thought it was a real picture when I first glanced at it ohmy.gif
HogRoot
worship.gif WOW!! Those screenshots look amazing! I really dig the PBR. I know you guys are busy, but when you get time could you post some pics of the Hueys your using?
Keep up the great work!
SaS TrooP
Great job lads! Waiting more!

And remember: Do not release R1!
Warrior X™
Well time for some high res material to dream about before the workweek starts again eh wink.gif

Our 'Nam jungle:

Picture 1, click here

Picture 2, click here

Picture 3, click here

There. Now you all be good people and let us work on the stuff some more.

Sweet dreams and remember monday is malaria day and why does the alarm clock go off at 06:00? That's right because work starts oooh so F@ckin' early biggrin.gif
Linker Split
I love them!
only one thing: maybe the plants in the second picture should have different hight to create variety smile.gif
Cibit
Hi X
I see why you been MIA.
It looks absoloutely georgeous, I can't wait to get dropped in some hot LZ and go humpin the A shau with you Malajn.gif

later dude w00t.gif pop in see your old comrades in arms and let us do some beta testing for you if you need drunk.gif

Nice emoticons BTW weapons_owned.gif
Warrior X™
QUOTE(Cibit @ Jun 16 2008, 16:14) *
Hi X
I see why you been MIA.
It looks absoloutely georgeous, I can't wait to get dropped in some hot LZ and go humpin the A shau with you Malajn.gif

later dude w00t.gif pop in see your old comrades in arms and let us do some beta testing for you if you need drunk.gif

Nice emoticons BTW weapons_owned.gif

Heya Cibit!

Long time no see m8 boppin2.gif
Yeah this is part of the reason why you don't see me around the place at Zeus. Remember, it was still during OFP when i got lost in the jungle on one of our patrols naughty.gif Anyways yeah now continuing (spelling...) into ArmA. Would be nice to have Zeus beta test. I will suggest this to the group. I know at least you guys can control leakidge in intel. ph34r.gif

Say hi to the guys for me.

p.s. Yeah these emoticons are coooool puking2.gif
Warrior X™
Two more screens for you people to enjoy.

We would like to inform the public that the weapons the units are holding are in fact Vila's weapons.
The credit for those is his! Our own weaponry is still WIP and is currently at 95% finished.

Enjoy smile.gif
Linker Split
Damn m8, that church remembers me Platoon!
Warrior X™
In other news:

We got for you two more screens to gaze upon.
Again the weaponry is still Vila´s. All rest is Unsung´s stuff.

Picture 1, high grass.

Picture 2, closeups.

Right, common people focus here and not on pics tongue.gif

The Unsung MOD has a recruitment going on currently.
Although all other fields of expertise are pretty much covered, we lack manpower in the Animators squad. We have lots of projects to do, but have shortadge on staff in that field.

Do you feel like you got the right stuff to make it in the jungle´s of South-East Asia as a Animator, then contact us on this (click here) forum thread. Present us a piece of your work. You must be skilled already as we do not have the time to teach people!

Cheers,

Warrior X {The Unsung}
Deadeye
thanks for informing us Warrior X™ smile.gif News posted !
Linker Split
animator for characters? or for objects?
both?
Warrior X™
QUOTE(Linker Split @ Jun 24 2008, 00:58) *
animator for characters? or for objects?
both?

Well so far for characters, but we will probably need them for both.
Warrior X™
naughty.gif

Some new released pics of the mod's current WIP can be found in our BIS forum thread (click here)

w00t.gif
Warrior X™
Woops we forgot one pic.

Blame one of our guys with a good performance machine lol He had a vid card crash and had to fix it. Now he's back hehe.
Linker Split
yo guys, are you making also hard for NLF and NVA to see through that foliage?
Warrior X™
QUOTE(Linker Split @ Dec 6 2008, 11:26) *
yo guys, are you making also hard for NLF and NVA to see through that foliage?

Yes we are. Wouldn't be nice getting seen at 200 and then get shot without knowing where they shooting from weapons_owned.gif
Polish GI
Nice screenies X!

dance.gif
Gaz
Any news on a release ? I'm just itching to kill me some gooks biggrin.gif
Warrior X™
Yeah, busy with bug killing and mission editing. We need some more time yet. Can't give the public a fully bugged no mission MOD now can we. Malajn.gif
Polish GI
QUOTE(Hornster @ Dec 30 2008, 09:21) *
Any news on a release ? I'm just itching to kill me some gooks biggrin.gif

As X eluded to... Internal release this week to catch any bugs so you guys dont find them...

And the mission/campaign boys are going as fast as they can while making sure the quality is present. But as you can see, we are near the end of the creation cycle... And the release is coming up! But let's not get ahead of ourselves, we are still not committing to a date yet...

Just keep in mind, we are as anxious to release it as you guys are to receive it. It's just that we want to catch as many things before it is released so you guys dont have to worry about them (errors).

Cheers
Warrior X™
Just some proof of MP testing tongue.gif

MP mission test
cj525
There will be a smaller island included with R1, it is cut from R1 around a CIDG base in the Kham Duc region ph34r.gif . We decided to add a smaller island to help out guys with older spec'd comps. This island is complete and ready to go, so it wont delay the R1 release further.
Linker Split
cj525 can you post some pics? smile.gif
Warrior X™
QUOTE(Linker Split @ Jan 4 2009, 12:16) *
cj525 can you post some pics? smile.gif

Will try to post some pics of that one soon. The island is in our next internal beta boppin2.gif
So ya know gotta make some nice pics on it, some ordinary shots of a couple o' tree's and grass don't cut it Malajn.gif
cj525
QUOTE(Warrior X™ @ Jan 5 2009, 16:12) *
Will try to post some pics of that one soon. The island is in our next internal beta boppin2.gif
So ya know gotta make some nice pics on it, some ordinary shots of a couple o' tree's and grass don't cut it Malajn.gif

@ Linker, Well the smaller island has all the variations of veg that are currently in the big island. To be more specific it is centered roughly around the CIDG FOB Ngok Tavak, where the old French base was. It varies from open grassy plaines interspersed with palm and single canopy areas...to dense jungle.
Warrior X™
Well okay small update/show of stuff.

As we are aware that not everybody has a good machine, we made the large island in another smaller version. It concentrates on just the SW part of the Kham Duc main island. The smaller island is called Ngok Tavak. So i recorded a small firefight out there in the jungle. I had a FPS count of around 24 while having 5 squads stealth fighting around me and viewdistance at 600. Why 600 you ask? Well i f#### only can see around 150 in front of me so why the hell have it at 1000 or more. biggrin.gif

Anyways here's the Youtube vid:

click here

Now let us work in peace a little so we can finish this thing. We busy. dance.gif
wipman
Hi, more mature language for the shouts at Charlie will fit better (i think) into the "atmosphere" of those times, also may be pimp to call the things as they
did back in the jungle; the AK47 mags bananas... the M60 the pig... etc, to put the players into the place; also, may be good if you reduce the recoil of the
XM177E1, which isn't as much as shown in the video. Also force the charlies to don't go crawl all the time like the rats that they're, like the BIS ArmA
infantry which have the silly tendence of go crawl all the time even when they enter in houses. Let's C ya
Warrior X™
As we had a lot of vid's show some fog and the ground turned white then, here's a vid for you guys without that nasty foggy white snowy ground wink.gif

Vietcong on patrol in daylight, Ngok Tavak island.

I get a severe case of schrapnel poisoning in this one. biggrin.gif

@Wipman,

The shouts are still WIP. And well, have the infantry go down to ground or not is really a mission makers choice. The recoil also still WIP. Delicate fine tuning all of it wink.gif
Marko112
Looks very amazing w00t.gif
Warrior X™
Quoting Sgt Savage from our BIS forum thread:

Ok Sitrep...

We have been a bit quiet of late the reason is we are still tying up the loose ends. The config is giving us grief at the moment its basically the LAST hurdle we have before release. SO... that being said we are looking for a master config writer to tune up and correct the config issues. We need someone experienced and talented to join the team or just help out so we can kick this bad boy out the door for all u mugs to enjoy. Please PM me if you are interested in helping out. Please no time wasters we wanna get this done.

Sav

You can contact him through his BIS forum profile, see here: Click here
Warrior X™
Quoting Sgt. Savage from our BIS forum thread:

Sitrep,

We have come to our final internal test before we release to the public guys, not long now naughty.gif
The massive task of bringing this project to ARMA is nearing the end FINALLY!!!. Time to empty the sand out of your boots and have a break from the hot dry desert, and look forward to insect bites, tinea,foot rot, malaria, monsoon rains and maybe some VD if your not careful ohmy.gif

Sav
Wittmann
Warrior X, you are the sex. Have my babies.

But on a serious note I look forward to this, I loved the Unsung demo for OFP and it resulted in the best MP Nam games I had outside of a clan assembled Australian focused XDF OFP Nam mod with ECP. Hope you still have the features that made Unsung what it was; beautiful environments, well rendered weapons and units and of course jamming, long patrols and tension wink.gif

Bring on a walk in the light green and some close combat.
Warrior X™
QUOTE(Wittmann @ May 10 2009, 18:10) *
Warrior X, you are the sex. Have my babies.

Crickey! No more cambodian red for you! boppin2.gif

QUOTE(Wittmann @ May 10 2009, 18:10) *
Hope you still have the features that made Unsung what it was; beautiful environments, well rendered weapons and units and of course jamming, long patrols and tension wink.gif

Bring on a walk in the light green and some close combat.

Well, we tried to get the nice jungle we had. Think we have it pretty much covered. Haven't seen anything like it yet around. Weaponry is newly made, yours to judge on when we release them along with the units. About the jamming, we had it in for some time in the beta's but then we decided to refine it some more so it will not be in this first release as we want to make it better and are not satisfied with it yet.
Long patrols.... aye.... buzz...buzzz...the sound of death and charlie is out there...somehwere in all that green. weirdsmiley.gif
bulkington80
It would be great to see some of that "Weaponry newly made", especially the Stoner MG!
Warrior X™
QUOTE(bulkington80 @ May 16 2009, 20:45) *
It would be great to see some of that "Weaponry newly made", especially the Stoner MG!

EUhm yah. The Stoner will not be in our first release. But most likely will be in our second release. Our first release will be only the standard basic weaponry used like M16, Car15, M14, M60, SKS, AK47, RPD and some others.
R1 (Release 1) will also just have standard units for now like NVA, VC, SF. And 2 islands. One small one and one big one. So people with lesser machines can enjoy getting killed....errr playing in the jungle as well. And i can say that to survive out there, you really need to apply jungle warfare rules. For example: do not stand up in contacts, do not run through the jungle, do not attract attention to you and your team mates, do not stand in clearings, watch your six, watch your field of fire! To name a few boppin2.gif Most contacts in the jungle occur from 50-150 away. And that's pretty hairy. Most of the times when ya think "hey let's use a grenade on these suckers." and pull one out, they are already so close on you that when you throw it they can already punch you in the nose. So pretty hairy.

Guess i gave you more info then what you asked for lol Ah screw it tiredsmiley.gif

Malajn.gif
Warrior X™
Okay found a small vid i still had on my HD. So uploaded and it's yours to watch.
It shows a small firefight. Make sure to watch on high res.

Small firefight vid.

Oh and i used all low settings just to show to people how it will look on utter low settings (for people with less capable machines). rolleyes.gif
Warrior X™
Well lookey here... This just got released... naughty.gif

Clickey me then

yammer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.