Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nightstalkers - Shadow Of Namalsk
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Mods
Pages: 1, 2
Sumrak
Hi,
i want inform you about my mod ..

NightStalkers - Shadow of Namalsk

NS I is modification for OFP (download on http://www.nightstalkers.cz/, only in CZ language)
NS II (Shadow of Namalsk) is modification for Arma: Armed Assault...

This is my plan(cca 20% complete):
  • Very atmospheric campaign (EN and CZ language)
    - Mutants (zombies, snorks, bloodsuckers and mutated animals)
    - 6 unique fractions (for example - Russian army with Mi-28 havoc chopper)
    - more than 20 full atmosphere missions
    - player's PDA, anomalies and radiation detectors
  • HD island Namalsk
    - Included more than 350 objects from me (Sumrak) or Pikus
    - Some models from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game
    - detailed locations based on real locations
    - Absolute S.T.A.L.K.E.R. atmosphere - changed Arma ambient sounds, sky and lights
    - Underground laboratories
  • MP missions
    - Coop, CTI or deathmatches on Namalsk. Fight in towns, villages or zone Nature.
In future plans is release of first beta version of mod in summer including northern part of Namalsk island and short campaign.

Some of the screenshots from Namalsk Zone:

First videos from modification:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XA5fiVB6hHw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xvC0GLgikRc

More screenshots, informations and new videos can you found on mod forum, website:
http://forum.nightstalkers.cz, http://www.nightstalkers.cz

JdB
Do you have asked for, and received permission from the creators of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to use the content from their game?
Benoist
I think that the company allows to use the game things in a non-profit way, if you use something, you have to release it as freeware.

EDIT: And by the way, I'll download the OFP mod ASAP and the ArmA one as soon as you release it, I love STALKER theme.
Bence
It's on the frontpage!
STALKERGB
looking brilliant... thought that S.T.A.L.K.E.R was a great game; very atmospheric, if this can be recreated with this mod it will be brilliant.
I think that the STALKER dev's have allowed use of their models etc. as long as its not for profit (as said earlier)
Sumrak
Benoist:
Yes. You're right.
rolleyes.gif

JdB:
GSC Game World with their stalker EULA allow this type of non commercial using models. This convert is legal thumbsup.gif

Bence:
Thansk! worship.gif thumbsup.gif

STALKERGB:
Thx rolleyes.gif
Willus Killus
Awesome! Looking forward. smile.gif
Sheildsy
G'day mate, i got some S.T.A.L.K.E.R units already in ArmA 9Modified) and would love to share them if you wanted them, and even work on the project (i had my own project but have put it aside due to health issues) PM if interested smile.gif
SaS TrooP
That would be glad to see STALKER in this game. I had for OFP this kind of plan, unfortunately ArmA was already released and no one wanted to play, so we didnt finish it.

BTW, I wasnt creating any maps for long time (i dont like it), but which way you make underground labs? Cause this is most important for me in your mod.
Stavrogin1980
Considering how baaad the original STALKER game was, I belive this modification will be able to create the REAL ZOne the way it should be!
Good luck guys! You are super!
SaS TrooP
Stavrogin, pelase, don't speak about things which you dont know/understand.

BTW, Make please MODDED STALKER, cause this game with bugs is similar to ArmA in this (freaking much bugs, without patchres/mods nearly unplayable!).
Sumrak
Thx to all smile.gif

SaS TrooP:
Underground labs? For now is the object/s placed in small crater and have landscape on the top. biggrin.gif
SaS TrooP
You mean to create a copy of the ground and put lab in it?
Avalla'ch
Oi !
I have played the OFP version and it seriously was kick-ass !
Waiting for more info and screens Sumrak wink.gif

Hodně štěstí
Sumrak
Avalla'ch:
Díky smile.gif

SaS TrooP:
Terrain is created in Oxygen with lab. Terrain look similarly with other terrain on the island and have same texture, terrain form.
huh, my english biggrin.gif
SaS TrooP
eya, I understand now. I have seen this in Alien addon WIP, but with Area 51 entrance.
Stavrogin1980
Ur Mi-28 - it's that low-poly DKM model from OFP, I assume?
Avalla'ch
There's also Mi-28 from OWP mate.......
JdB
QUOTE(Avalla @ Jun 17 2008, 17:35) *
Hodně štěstí

You've been warned enough about not posting in English. So perhaps 36 hours of being post restricted and another warning block will succeed where simple words have failed.

Sumrak, this is the first and only time I warn you about posting in any language other than English. English only.

[§8] Write in English

As this is the English part of the board please write in English. Don't write in any other language since the majority of the members most likely won't understand. Posting in any language other than English and providing a translation in English is also not allowed, since we cannot check the accuracy of the translation.

Please do not use short forms of words e.g. "m8" instead of mate, "u r" instead of you are or your, it may seem attractive to type in such a "shorthand" manner but remember that there are many people on the forums who do not have English as a first language, so it is disrespectful to use bad English simply for the sake of laziness. (Obviously there are common shortenings of words that have been used for many years on the internet that continue to be acceptable, e.g. LMAO, LOL, FYI etc.)

Not knowing English well enough is not an excuse, by posting in this section you agree to follow the forum rules, one of which restricts the language to English, and neither is friendliness towards fellow countrymen.
Stavrogin1980
The OWP Mi-28??? I don't think they ever had one... the RHS was (as always) fooling around with one Mi-28 for a while, but the addon was never relizd.
D@V£
QUOTE(Stavrogin1980 @ Jun 19 2008, 08:01) *
The OWP Mi-28??? I don't think they ever had one... the RHS was (as always) fooling around with one Mi-28 for a while, but the addon was never relizd.

Ain't you kids heard of DKM? tongue.gif
Blackbuck
They were mentioned too on the last page.
johnbeyer
Very well done. The video's are montaged very well and the sound effects are very well placed to. The atmoshpere does really resemble S.T.AL.K.E.R.S one. Great job so far, I am sure many players will enjoy this.
Sumrak
Some of the sreenshots from my work -

Tamika
- female member of the NightStalkers fraction in mod.
- included in comming beta version as player's character

Rellikki
Looks pretty nice, though some of the textures look a bit stretched and low quality. I hope it's just WIP and will get better by the time!
Stavrogin1980
QUOTE(SaS TrooP @ Jun 17 2008, 18:50) *
Stavrogin, pelase, don't speak about things which you dont know/understand.

BTW, Make please MODDED STALKER, cause this game with bugs is similar to ArmA in this (freaking much bugs, without patchres/mods nearly unplayable!).

Riiiight.... not only I had seen TWO (2!!!) different endings smile.gif of this damn game, but I also saw the real ZOne out of my car's window smile.gif
so what was that I don't know \ understand? smile.gif

The main problem with the Stalker is that the developers promised us so much good stuff, but "accidently" didn't not inform us that they removed 90% of all the goodies.
On my Stalker box there's a line about the red forest & some other things & locations u will never find in the game... I wouldn't buy it if I knew that the game world was so small,
and they removed the rrrrats!!! __furious.gif
D@V£
'eh? Both Red Forest and the Rats were in STALKER... In fact, I don't think you could finish the game without going through the Red Forest (although, the layout was a bit odd because in reality Red Forest would have been on the way from Pripyat to the NPP)

Anyways, I'm quite interested in the backstory of this Namalsk place... what happened there? Is it more based on the psionic disturbances of the "Monolith" or the radioactive fallout of the real Chernobyl?
Avalla'ch
From what Sumrak told me it doesnt taky any part of the main Stalker story.
Fractions are new, characters too etc. (Tamika's Monolith camo isn't counting, it just looks great and sexy on her in my opinion :-D)
Stavrogin1980
QUOTE(D@V£ @ Jul 18 2008, 18:43) *
'eh? Both Red Forest and the Rats were in STALKER...

Aha, they WERE in Stalker. Some time in 2005, i think smile.gif
There's no such location as RED FOREST in the relizd version. It will be added to ClearSky.
Avalla'ch
but there IS a red forest mate

http://stalker.heroesradio.com/Exploration.php#Red_Forest

and it's from final version, just check out youtube and you will see
D@V£
QUOTE(Stavrogin1980 @ Jul 20 2008, 09:03) *
Aha, they WERE in Stalker. Some time in 2005, i think smile.gif
There's no such location as RED FOREST in the relizd version. It will be added to ClearSky.

And they are still in STALKER. I merely used the past tense because I haven't played it recently (for over a year in fact...). But rest assured, the rats exist. I seen them with my own eyes!
Daniel Von Rommel
Ok some clearing up

The red forest in the game is a reduced version, it was supposed to be different (large underground complex)

the "rats" you talk about are Tuskanos, they basicly look like Huge skeletal mutant rats, and are very rare

Actual white rats (normal at first sight) were actually deleted like many other creatures (zombies, Dwarves (burers))
Avalla'ch
a bit OT: If you guys want the "Dead City" and other cut-out places back, play upcoming Priboi Story mod for STalker wink.gif
SaS TrooP
QUOTE(Daniel Von Rommel @ Jul 20 2008, 16:27) *
Ok some clearing up

The red forest in the game is a reduced version, it was supposed to be different (large underground complex)

the "rats" you talk about are Tuskanos, they basicly look like Huge skeletal mutant rats, and are very rare

Actual white rats (normal at first sight) were actually deleted like many other creatures (zombies, Dwarves (burers))

No, rats, I Dont remember how they were called exist in game, especially in Rostock factory after patch 1.004. Much mods gets back burrers, cats, zeds etc. Try to play e.g. Oblivion Lost or AMK (those are best for me, but damn Russians didnt translated good AMK so many things are in russian) to see how it looks.
Daniel Von Rommel
I KNOW MODS! we are talking about VANILLA game

there are No rats in game, not even the model, Only tuskanos

Btw, I use AMK 1.4

First picture is a RAT, NOT in game
Second pic is a WERE-RAT, NOT in game
Last pic is a Tuskhano, RARE in game and more widespread in many mods

Got it now? -.-
SaS TrooP
I know. I just wanna tell you it IS NOT RARE! There are plenty of them. It is random game so maybe you were unlucky.
Daniel Von Rommel
Just name the photo, was it 1, 2, or 3?
Avalla'ch
number 3 in my game.
Ugly Tushkanos, it was pain in the ass hitting these little bastards with my Sig550 (Poor Aim, heh)

From my experience I never saw the first two rats.... along with the mutant horse sad.gif
Nobody can't add them ? Dwarves, Burer. Chimera and Zombies were already added in mods so...

BTW: I am suing Oblivion Lost 2.1.1 Mod

2SAS Troop

There is actually an ENG patch for AMK wink.gif
Daniel Von Rommel
Exactly, I was right, the other 2 do NOT exist at ALL
SaS TrooP
QUOTE(Avalla @ Jul 20 2008, 22:47) *
number 3 in my game.
Ugly Tushkanos, it was pain in the ass hitting these little bastards with my Sig550 (Poor Aim, heh)

From my experience I never saw the first two rats.... along with the mutant horse sad.gif
Nobody can't add them ? Dwarves, Burer. Chimera and Zombies were already added in mods so...

BTW: I am suing Oblivion Lost 2.1.1 Mod

2SAS Troop

There is actually an ENG patch for AMK wink.gif

I know, but there are still many untranslated things.
Avalla'ch
Well AMK wasn't to stable with my Stalker, so I decided to pick Oblivion Lost smile.gif
(And with upcoming weapon pack it will be hella kick ass :-P)
Daniel Von Rommel
I seen just a few seldom russian words, more than understandable, make sure you have the english version 1.4 and the relative patch

I really liked this mod, but it's completely unplayable! It crashes every 15 minutes, rebooting even the PC!! -.-

-AMK - scrapped
Stavrogin1980
QUOTE(Avalla @ Jul 21 2008, 01:47) *

Ok, anyone knows why after all those "invent ur own STALKER monster" competitions the devs in Kiev actually added only one new user-"made" monster,
even though there were at least three winners? smile.gif It's that same: "we will give u some much, we promise" tactics they always used: not just the Red FOrest and rats, but also throwing weapons, vehicles u can drive, and the most important thing - the size of the ZOne - 30sq.kms?! lol. Yeah, right.
The SNorks look like some poor human surviviors in the Wall movie.

Anyway. BEst wishes to the creators of this mod! You do the right thing. wub.gif
bdfy
Ok, anyone knows why after all those "invent ur own STALKER monster" competitions the devs in Kiev actually added only one new user-"made" monster,
even though there were at least three winners? It's that same: "we will give u some much, we promise" tactics they always used: not just the Red FOrest and rats, but also throwing weapons, vehicles u can drive, and the most important thing - the size of the ZOne - 30sq.kms?! lol. Yeah, right.

it's called feature-cut. normal practice for any project that is running out of time and money.
SaS TrooP
The Zome in STALKER is much much much smaller smile.gif
Avalla'ch
I think this went too much Off topic guys wink.gif
Wittmann
Yes, it has. Discuss S.T.A.L.K.E.R in the OT section, discuss the Arma mod HERE.
Stavrogin1980
I can't entirely agree with America's greatest poet smile.gif
After all, all we know about this mod is the announcement (really, a few lines), and so the game STALKER must be our primary source of information
for just about anything - comparison, contrast etc. BUT if one of the moderators thinks we shouldn't do that, I won't complain much smile.gif

BTW, saw the reliz date for CLEARSKY - August 22nd.
Sumrak
Hi, sorry for long information pause. I working on beta, but i have too much work and little time for work mellow.gif .
At the end of August i finished my model of Mi-28 (Havoc) and now i working on missions for beta.

Here is a small video shows PDA for missions in beta campaign smile.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY4EeKkfRYo

Some screenshots from work on modification:

ConnorSG1
Thanx for this information (Frontpage of Armedassault.Info), and awesome screenshots !
It's one of my favorite Mod, keep the great work !
I return on S.T.A.L.K.E.R : Clear Sky wink.gif tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.