Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Issues with ArmA Demo
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Jefferoo
Trying to run the Armed Assault demo on my new Gateway laptop, running Vista Home Premium (x-64bit), Intel Core 2 Duo.

Try to run it and the main menu all comes up in black, white, and greys so all I can do is alt-f4 out of it. Help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
Willus Killus
This problem is usually (from what I know) driver related, make sure you have the latest drivers and see if that helps.

Oh, and ArmA sometimes hates Vista.
JdB
The demo is of an older build, and doesn't include fixes for 3-4GB RAM and Vista that later versions do.
Jefferoo
QUOTE(JdB @ Jul 16 2008, 07:16) *
The demo is of an older build, and doesn't include fixes for 3-4GB RAM and Vista that later versions do.

Oh, okay. sad.gif Thank you from saving me any more wasted time.
SW645
QUOTE(Jefferoo @ Jul 16 2008, 09:28) *
Oh, okay. sad.gif Thank you from saving me any more wasted time.

I've been having this problem as well and I'm on Vista, the menu is in black and white and you can't even see any buttons or anything.
How would I fix this or what is the newest demo build.
Linker Split
there's no newer version of the demo, you shoud buy the entire game... it's much more better smile.gif
SW645
Thing is If I buy the full game I don't want to find out I wasted my money when the main menu is in all black and white and everything.
I can run Left 4 Dead and I'm on Vista.

My computer has a Windows Base Index score of 5.5 with all scores except for gaming at 5.9 but gaming at 5.5, is the error only with the demo?
Linker Split
i don't know my friend, since I run the full version of the game.

But, now the price of the original one is very low (in Italy it's 10 euros) so it is worth trying to buy it IMO smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.