Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem with ArmA from steam
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Stlkid
So i bought arma off steam and now everytime i try to start it up i get a message saying. "ArmA has stopped working"

Im currently running vista.

Ive tried downloading the 1.14 patch but it tells me the cd key is not found. And ive also installed the directx9 things, but still no luck.

What the hell do i do?
Supr3me KiLL3r
So i bought arma off steam

Steam is a pain in the ass and I dont recommend you buy any more games through it.

As for your problem, if you look in google, theres similar problems with alot of other games.

I stopped using steam a while ago so I can't help. glare.gif
D@V£
No. The problem is that Atari, the company that put ArmA up on Steam, has since decided to bugger off. As a result, the 1.14 update is unavailable to people who brought ArmA on steam. As the Steam version has a different way of detecting CD keys, the patch will think you're using an illegal exe.

There is no solution to this problem. If you can get in touch with BIS they might be able to help you. Alternatively, you could try getting in touch with Valve to see if they can get the 1.14 patch up on steam, this isn't likely though. That's the only thing I can suggest.

(What problems with other games? I've never had any trouble with Steam. I've had trouble with some of the publishers that make no effort whatsoever to streamline their products for digital distribution...)
W0lle
I don't know a fast solution for this, there are a few threads in the BI Forums about Steam but not really a solution for your problem. sad.gif

The best thing you could try is contacting BI support by email, describe your problem and ask if they have a solution for you. I doubt that Valve/Steam will be of any help here.
Don't expect an anwer within a few hours though. The support email is: support@bistudio.com
girsminion
QUOTE(Stlkid @ Aug 31 2008, 16:31) *
So i bought arma off steam and now everytime i try to start it up i get a message saying. "ArmA has stopped working"

Im currently running vista.

Ive tried downloading the 1.14 patch but it tells me the cd key is not found. And ive also installed the directx9 things, but still no luck.

What the hell do i do?

i kno this is late and u probaly wont c tis but i dont use steam. Just set a shortcut on your desktop from the arma.exe, its in SteamApps/common/arma armed assult. No need to ever run steam to run arma unless its to verify for the first time. also all patchs will work, just make sure the path is to the arma folder.
pMASTER
I know you're trying to help, but please do not dig up old threads.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.