Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just a few questions about soldier modelling
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Addons - Work in progress
Guy
Hello

I am quite an experienced modeler in 3ds max, I study computer game art, bla bla bla, and feel like making a soldier model, just for the hell of it.

I was wondering if someone could answer a few of my questions...

By this I mean:
- can I re-make the entire body?
- what about the animations, do I have to name the joints? - if so, is this done by verticies etc.
- do I need to model the head? if not, how do I know what not to modify?
- what about hands? do I re-model them too?
- do most people just re-texture the existing model?

If someone could answer these questions and add anything else you might feel is important I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

Guy
rocket
Animation is done via translation and rotation of vertex groups, that are defined in animation files (RTM). The easiest thing you can do is take the BIS soldiers, export them to 3ds files (you can only export to 3ds on old releases of oxygen, or there is a pre-exported man out there for max with the named selections prepared). Then import back into oxygen once finished editing, and recreate the named selections.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.