Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joystick Settings- Z axis (Rudder) why does it works so bad
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
supersixone
Hello Everybody...

I would like to know, if some one managed it, to config the Joystick Settings, that the Z-axis, the rudder works normal, because in the game it's so bad, in some moments it doesn't react anymore or it turns into the other direction...or it's extremely sensible...

Is it possible to fly AA with a real rudder-pedals (not only the z axis in the joystick?

Thx for answering!
Elliot Carver
Hey,

Good job on your English, thank you! I had this problem with my old MS Procision Pro Joystick. What helped me quite a bit was running the calibration test a few times. Your joystick probably came with software so it should be in there. If not try (XP) Start > Control Panel > (classic view) Game controllers > Advanced > Calibration. Work through it and try back in game again. If that doesnt work try it a few more times. If not try taking the joystick apart and cleaning the sensors and the insides - they get real dusty!

ArmA isnt a flight sim so the flying characteristics will always be simple. Saying that it should be possible to fly with ruder pedals as its the same physical inputs just coming from different outlets.

Lets us know how you get on!

cheers thumbsup.gif
Carver
supersixone
"Good job on your english"... is this ironically? :-) But thx for answering...guess it's the blues with this game :-(
Elliot Carver
Not ironic at all smile.gif i was genuinely thanking you for writing in good english...that is i take it your not from the UK? smile.gif

Yeah, flying in game is better controlled with the mouse and the Q and A buttons for height, especially helicopters. At the end of the day it can really depend on how the plane/helicopter is written to fly. Some are more realistic than others!

Maybe if you tried it with a different joy stick?

Cheers
Carver
supersixone
You're right, I'm from germany...:-) Could be better in english, but in school-time, other things very more important ;-)

I do a lot of flight sims (Lock On and FSX), so I got the X-52 and the cougar, but I know that this is not to compare with AA (that would be a perfect game; AA and the chopper-handling of FSX in one game :-)
But in the User-Profile you can not advance the sensibility of the z-axis? The calibration works fine...so it doesn't change so much. (Can you fly very fast with a helicopter in AA and the rudder is still working well?)
Elliot Carver
lol your english is a lot better than my german wink.gif

I do FSX every now and then. Yeah a flight sim with the properties of ArmA would blow everything else out the water!
It would appear you cant change the Z axis. I havnt tried it but i seem to remember this topic being raised before and things done to change it. That was back in the ofp days and a good 2 yeards ago, at least. If you find something id be impressed. Maybe posting up on the offical forums (HERE).

No the rudder movement is reduced in ArmA when using the X and C (rudder keys) at speed. To get a good turn in flight drag away from you rapidly with the mouse (lol) or even tighter hit the left arrow key to flip the bird on its side and then the back arrow to pull hard in the turn. The second option though almost always loses you lots of height, flips you backwards and kills you xD

happy hunting thumbsup.gif
Carver
supersixone
Okay :-D Thx for giving trouble (can I say that? - I mean your time, your patients, efforts...:-)

Maybe with AA 2 everything works better and hopefully with not so much bugs like in AA :-)
(The AI is doing some stupid stuff sometimes :-D )

take care bro...
Elliot Carver
lol yes you can and then i say 'no worries dude, any time' happy.gif

Yeah we all wait and hope that ArmA2 isnt ArmA1 ... The AI are worse than headless chickens xD

Cheers thumbsup.gif
Carver
supersixone
LOOOOOOOL rofl.gif
godetdb
helpsos.gif

I was trying the ArmA demo and noticed a joystick bug... I'm using a Thrustmaster joystick/throttle combo and for some reason when I fly the helo mission, it doesn't want to pitch the nose down or up like it should.

I went through and set up the controls in the options menu, but that only fixed the throttle & rudder... it did absolutely nothing for the joystick pitch.

I doubled checked my joystick by running a OFP helo mission and it worked just fine...

Anybody have any advice on how to tweak it for ArmA?

helpsos.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.