Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salute and sit down?
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Mission Editing & Scripting
JasonXtik
How do I make a soldier sit down and stay down? I have been find out how but my patience has ended stupid.gif I mean in the editor?
D@V£
To make a soldier sit down, use this command:
CODE
this playmove "AmovPercMstpSlowWrflDnon_AmovPsitMstpSlowWrflDnon"

To make a soldier salute, use this command:
CODE
this playmove "AmovPercMstpSlowWrflDnon_SaluteIn"

You can also use the switchmove command, which is a lot stronger than the playmove command, but it's a bit difficult to get them to stop after they've performed the action! ohnoo.gif

CODE
This switchmove ""

Will usually do the trick if you've got a soldier stuck in an animation.

I have no idea why the filenames are so long for ArmA... they were much shorter in OFP sad.gif

(NB: Obviously, if you aren't executing from a waypoint, replace "this" with the editor name of the soldier you want to perform the animation, also, these commands don't work in the initialization field! They have to be in a trigger or a waypoint!)
Rellikki
There is an easier way too which is easier to remember. Also, by this way there's a transition between the animations, so the characters will not just instantly be in the sit down animation, which would happen by using the switchMove command as Dave suggested above. Here's the way:

CODE
soldierOne action ["sitdown", soldierOne]

Replace the both soldierOne's on the command with your unit name.

This is also the difference between switchMove and playMove commands; With switchMove, the character will instantly change his animation to the one which you defined and with playMove command there's a transition between the animations.
JasonXtik
ok. THanks a lot. by the way. Could anyone put me a link of an mission editor tutorial for noobs? happy.gif
Rellikki
QUOTE(JasonXtik @ Dec 9 2008, 19:02) *
Could anyone put me a link of an mission editor tutorial for noobs? happy.gif

You should have a look at Mr Murray's Editing Guide. wink.gif
Robinio
Hey, need help, the unit it set to do the thing just gets back to standing? i've tried all of these suggestions but they just go back to standing?

can you explain in a "very-detailed-idiotic-way"
Rellikki
If the unit is part of a team, he will intend to stay in formation, that might be the reason. If not, try setting the unit's behaviour to safe or careless. More info here.
Robinio
Yeah, thanks

I set the unit to Careless and None in special.
TUSK
Hi there,

you might want to have a look here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Moves

hope this helps.

All the best,

Josh
Stawebopl
This posts is very informative. Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.