Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 31st Normandy mod
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
T4MP400
Ive just downloaded the 31st Normandy mod - WW2 mod and it was great but i found some stuff that was very annoying with it. The first thing is that all Nazi vilas soldier from the WW2 addon he released a long time ago was not there. So i read about the mod and found out that they replaced vilas with new ones. If you ask me the first vilas looks better and looks more like i want them to do. So my question is can i replace they 31st Normandy mod - WW2 mod infantry with the normal Vilas WW2? And if i can do it how? It would be better if i could use both but that may is a bit to much to ask for but if you know a way plz tell me. And yes i have tried to change name but it didnt work stupid.gif Another question i have is will the 31st Normandy mod - WW2 mod be updated sone cause the tanks looks kinda bad. Reminds me of BF1942. This is no offense message to the makers of 31st Normandy mod - WW2 mod (v beta) cause i wouldnt make a better mod and i do love it but i would love it more if i had they normal VILAS WW2 soldiers!
Thanks in advance!
communistbastard
You could always just download Vilas own WW2 pack?

From Here:
http://forum.armedassault.info/index.php?showtopic=716
T4MP400
Yeah but i had vilas WW2 pack before i downloaded the mod so that dosent work or do it? No it dosent. cry3.gif
sgt.spoetnik
Normally you should have Vilas WW2 units in the 31stNormandy mod, i have checkt it yesterday and i had vilas units in there(i dont know if i placed them in there after or they come with the mod)but my biggest question for you is how you install it, Mod folder or did you just trow them in your addon folder?
and do you see the other ww2 units in the mod? thumbsup.gif
Old Bear
Some Vilas units are on the 31st WW Normandy Mod ... they are featuring the troops in this Mod rolleyes.gif

Vilas has released a large number of different addons from ArmA start, so it may be difficult to find the addon you are speaking of and if this addon is not in present release ... you must find what was exactly this addon before doing something else because some addons released now are more or less incompatible with those released previously. I only know, for having playing it, that all Vilas troops addons now in the mod are working ... together.

As this mod is for a large part WIP and I will advise you do do nothing before next release happy.gif

But if you want to add an other addon, I will suggest that you put it in a separate "mini-mod" special directory to avoid problems due to compatibility.
T4MP400
QUOTE(sgt.spoetnik @ Dec 10 2008, 17:24) *
Normally you should have Vilas WW2 units in the 31stNormandy mod, i have checkt it yesterday and i had vilas units in there(i dont know if i placed them in there after or they come with the mod)but my biggest question for you is how you install it, Mod folder or did you just trow them in your addon folder?
and do you see the other ww2 units in the mod? thumbsup.gif

I installed it with a mod folder and yes the new vilas that i think looks kinda bad comes with the mod should i replace them with the old vilas? And yes i can see all units. The old vilas and the new from the mod but the German infantry is replaced by the new ones from the mod.

EDIT: I have a question which part of the mod must i have to play it cause i wondering if i can put the tanks and the other vehicle PBOs in the addon folder and also the old vilas WW2 PBO instead of using the modfolder so i can use the normal vilas but also the vehicles of the mod so i play the game without mod folders just addon folder.
rip31st
QUOTE(T4MP400 @ Dec 11 2008, 03:09) *
I installed it with a mod folder and yes the new vilas that i think looks kinda bad comes with the mod should i replace them with the old vilas? And yes i can see all units. The old vilas and the new from the mod but the German infantry is replaced by the new ones from the mod.

EDIT: I have a question which part of the mod must i have to play it cause i wondering if i can put the tanks and the other vehicle PBOs in the addon folder and also the old vilas WW2 PBO instead of using the modfolder so i can use the normal vilas but also the vehicles of the mod so i play the game without mod folders just addon folder.

IF you want to use the old vilas german infantry, don't worry they are in the next update for the mod. However if you don't want to wait, just download the old Vilas ww2 pack and put it in the 31stww2 mod folder. Always make backs up. The only advantage the ones that come with the mod have is they have new mg34 sounds, plus they can engage targets further away & have different rates of fire.

bigstone
QUOTE(rip31st @ Jan 13 2009, 18:06) *
IF you want to use the old vilas german infantry, don't worry they are in the next update for the mod. However if you don't want to wait, just download the old Vilas ww2 pack and put it in the 31stww2 mod folder. Always make backs up. The only advantage the ones that come with the mod have is they have new mg34 sounds, plus they can engage targets further away & have different rates of fire.

Hi,

Can we just make a mod folder say @villasww2?

So the end of the exe line would look like this mod=@31STWW2;@villasww2

Or will the two same named pbo's conflict with or override each other???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.