Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arma won't start with Creative SB X-fi
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Rocckk
Problem is like this:

No matter what type of sounds selected from my creative sb fatality (ddlive or stereo) arma won't load. When clicking arma shortcut it shows starting normal of first 5sec, then nothing. With all sounds disabled from my soundcard drivers (or -dsound added to arma shortcut properties) the game starts and works normally. Off course there's no sounds then.

Anyone else having this same problem?

Or futhermore, how to fix this?? ..any comments welcome.

..Actually, I have succeeded few times to get arma work properly with sounds doing this trick: disabling sounds from my soundblaster drivers, then clicking arma to start, right after it's began to load alt+tab back to windows and enabled sounds, and then alt+tab back to arma. Lately haven't got this work anymore. Don't know why though..

system spec:

-vista 64bit
-4Gt ram
-creative soundblaster fatality x-fi
Jeza
QUOTE(Rocckk @ Dec 21 2008, 19:06) *
-vista 64bit
-4Gt ram

Think those 2 maybe be your problem, because i've got the new xfi Titinium creative, and before i used your one and only worke on vista 64bit with me now if i disable some of my rambecause arma only picks up 3gb of ram I THINK, so i have 8gb so i have to disable 5gb through msconfig. So MAYBE vista and ram is the issue not the creative issue.
ThunderBox-26
tiredsmiley.gif
Ok - i have the same problem.
Dell XPS 720
XP SP3
2.5Gb Ram
Creative SB X-Fi
GeF 8800 GTX

it was all working up until a couple weeks ago..

here's what happened.

Ran Windows Update to get latest patches - great.
Reboot - itunes sounds like a Chipmunk on crack... joyful.. (not only that all AVI playback etc through windows media) every audio, video file runs four times as fast.
Downloaded the latest Creative Drivers and it fixed the chipmunk on crack..

bad news is ARMA won't load - however when i disable the sound card, like you, it loads up great.

i busy debugging the issue at the moment!
Linker Split
hmm maybe you have to check the sound options in ArmA, to meet the Sound card, or maybe you have first do disable the MB sound drivers
Stanislav
QUOTE(Rocckk @ Dec 21 2008, 21:06) *
Problem is like this:

No matter what type of sounds selected from my creative sb fatality (ddlive or stereo) arma won't load. When clicking arma shortcut it shows starting normal of first 5sec, then nothing. With all sounds disabled from my soundcard drivers (or -dsound added to arma shortcut properties) the game starts and works normally. Off course there's no sounds then.

Anyone else having this same problem?

Or futhermore, how to fix this?? ..any comments welcome.

..Actually, I have succeeded few times to get arma work properly with sounds doing this trick: disabling sounds from my soundblaster drivers, then clicking arma to start, right after it's began to load alt+tab back to windows and enabled sounds, and then alt+tab back to arma. Lately haven't got this work anymore. Don't know why though..
system spec:

-vista 64bit
-4Gt ram
-creative soundblaster fatality x-fi

Hi. I have the same problem. It began after installation of Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty sound card. Before that on this copy of windows vista were great working Creative Live! 5.1 with modified drivers and also a built-in AD2000B sound card. I tried some tricks like: tune th Creative Alchemy to work with Armed Assault (it present in the list of application), also i tried to launch arma with option -dsound, and with option -openal - all of this didn't any positive result, exept -dsound option - with it's enabled arma loads normally but the sounds ion menu and in game are very bad. weirdsmiley.gif
For this time i don't know what to do. And if you were resolve this problem, PLEASE let me know!!! Thank you very much!
Mach2Infinity
Does any one have a working solution to this problem yet? I also have a Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card and I encounter the same problems as the above posters. If I add the "-dsound" parameter to the command line then it loads up fine albeit with glitching sound. I used this card fine with 1.14 last year. The drivers I used must have been 2.115.0006 (because of it being dated to March), however because I have installed more current drivers, setup won't allow me to install the old ones. Even though I uninstalled the new drivers and ran Driver Sweep. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.