Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the best CPU i can get for under $1000 that will arma will run smooth
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
sniper67823
What is the best gaming computer i can get that will run arma smoothly for under $1000 it can be a laptop or desktop but i want it to be the best for under 1000
Supr3me KiLL3r
Any single core 3GHZ CPU, which is usually the best you can get without overclocking as far as I know. I haven't seen any

ArmA doesn't use multiple cores, so any multicore you get should 3 GHZ each so ArmA can still use it, and if you want to use the multiple cores for other games.

You can get a 3 GHZ quad-core for $550 on newegg.com

That is as almost as good I assume as the one I bought but cheaper. Apparently you can overclock it to 4 GHZ too without extensive extra cooling. With this, theres no need to buy the $1500 Intel 3.2 GHZ quad core which I guess is the top of the line.

As for video cards, ArmA doesn't use SLI either, so any fast single video card will do.
STALKERGB
might be worth having a look at intels new i7 processors (the cheaper ones are under $1000 i think), not sure what the clock speed is on the cheaper ones but i dont think its 3Ghz, although it could easily be clocked to that. Problem with the i7 proccessors is that you will need a new motherboard which will end up being a whole new computer (with only DDR3 being accepted on i7 compatible motherboards, and probably the need for a good graphics card),

I run ARMA on a Q6600, its been overclocked to 3Ghz and ARMA still lags here and there (or feels sluggish at times), addmittedly i do have it on full view distance and everything on high (or very high if possible), i use a 8800GT graphics card which has also been overclocked, its a good card but these days there are better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.