Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: General ArmA... issues
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Blackscorpion
Well hello... most likely my first post here discussing my ArmA experiences, despite the fact I've had a system perfectly capable of running it anywhere in the world for some months now. I've got few annoying issues I never had with OFP... help appreciated.

1. After a weird episode some time ago, seems that some files or bits of text got deleted. Every time I start I get a message "No entry '...ArmA\Arma.cfg.3D_Performance'." Can't change terrain detail.
2. HDR effect (brightness change depending on where you look). Seemingly one can't disable it without going through more than a bit of headache. Nice feature, sure, but bloody annoying sometimes (especially with screenies or bad screen visibility) and not so well made. I'd rather not have it.
3. Game will not detect mouse button 4 (Logitech G5 forward side button)
4. Zoom/lock button the same. Also zooms in case of optics, which in closer ranges and with lockable or high-zoom weapons... no-no.
5. Driving wheel on vehicles is apparently spring-loaded. (yes, I know there's an addon)
6. Collision detection is generally far better than in OFP, but in some cases it simply sucks.
7. Weather generally more lacking in feeling than in OFP. Full overcast (storms) seems quite bright.

If this is in the wrong area, feel free to move it.
Benoist
1. Reinstall?
2. Couldn't agree more.
3. Don't know about that one.
4. You can change that in the controls menu, and in 1.14 I think that that is changed.
5. Not only an addon, in 1.15b there is a new driving mode.
6. Physic ArmA are horrible, at the point of view.
7. Some sky reemplazaments improve the ambientace (?), but the rain sucks, only A.C.E. imporved it a little by adding "splashing" sounds when you are in the ground.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.