Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ArmA 1.15 BETA - Fixes doesn't work
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
ThomasC
Hey all

I recently got myself a brand new PC. I was eager to play ArmedAssault with everything maxed out, but to my surprise, I can't even get the menu to show up.

I wrote a mail to BI, asking them for advice. An helpful lad told me, that nothing was being worked on atm, and I would have to wait for ArmA2.

3 days later, 1.15 was announced. I was thrilled.

But but but, this still hasn't fixed anything to me.

My PC specs:
ASUS P6T Deluxe
Intel Core i7 920
Corsair DDR3 PC3-1333 4x2GB CL9 XMS3 DHX
Club 3D HD4870X2

The only thing i can get to show, is the menu, looking like this.
Weird menu

Does anyone know what is wrong? I'm getting sick of playing COD4 & 5 yammer.gif

Yours sincerely, Thomas
Deadeye
Moving to troubleshooting smile.gif

Welcome to the forums !

I assume you have correctly patched to v1.14 ?

Latest drivers installed?

Ae you running Vista? If hav heard that ArmA dislikes it when more than 4 Gb of Ram are installed.

Check out this site for further reference (if you use vista):
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_T...eshooting_Vista
ThomasC
Woops, sorry for wrong subforum!

Yup, 1.14 patching was done correctly, and all drivers should be up to date.

I'm running Vista x64 Ultimate, and I'll give that link a go in 2sec, thanks. thumbsup.gif
ThomasC
It may be because I haven't installed Service Pack 1. I've tried this at least 16 times now, and I've reinstalled Vista 5 times already.
ThomasC
I sort of "fixed" it.

I added "-window -x=1920 -y=1200" to the shortcut, and the game started up perfectly in windowed mode. It doesn't run perfectly smooth, but it's a start thumbsup.gif
Deadeye
Forgot to move ... tongue.gif

Moving now and also please use the Edit Button instead of double/triple posting in the future wink.gif

Glad it is "fixed"
Capt_Caveman
ne 1 help with a bit of a tech prob? my ArmA is patched to 1.15 with QG, itll run for ten mins then crash with windows error, my shortcut is "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -maxmem=512 -nosplash

I have an AMD Phenom 9950, MSI K9N2 Diamond, 2 x MSI GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB (factory overclocked and not running in Sli or Physx mode) with latest version of Forceware drivers 185.20, running on Windows Xp pro sp3 and 3 GB of ram.

any help is appreciated!

Paul / Capt Caveman [SES] Suicidesquad.co.uk
Jeza
Similar problem, but i've given up and am just waiting for arma 2. 1.15 did not help me, i got 8gbram and still it did not pick em up (which infact my ram is stuck now on 3 and wont go back up2 8 lol), but would be nice if the patch did work as intended.

ATI Saphire 4870x2
8gb ram
1.5 TB,HDD
Vista H.P
Bentwing
QUOTE(Jeza @ Feb 26 2009, 14:33) *
Similar problem, but i've given up and am just waiting for arma 2. 1.15 did not help me, i got 8gbram and still it did not pick em up (which infact my ram is stuck now on 3 and wont go back up2 8 lol), but would be nice if the patch did work as intended.

ATI Saphire 4870x2
8gb ram
1.5 TB,HDD
Vista H.P

Same prob 1.5 patch will only let me use 4g of ram,
Radeon HD 4870X2
8g of 1o66 ram
Vista Ultimate 64
Seagate 500 GB HD
amd 940 Black Edition Processor
M3AT8-T mobo
Ultra x3 1000w psu
iF281D monitor
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.