Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Formations Problem
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Sniper_Ghost
I have just installed the SpaceInvaders 2.0 addon. Problem is when ever i place groups of units in the editor and preview them SLA/RACS/US, they always go into a column formation even if a waypoint tells them to go into a different formation. Is there a way to fix this other than removing the addon??

SOLVED...kind of
Supr3me KiLL3r
Does that only happen when using the addon? I remember having it and not having that problem.

Might help to give more info, because certain things might affect the formation. If you move units in "safe" behaviour, they always move in column formation.
Sniper_Ghost
QUOTE(Supr3me KiLL3r @ Jan 13 2009, 23:28) *
Does that only happen when using the addon? I remember having it and not having that problem.

Might help to give more info, because certain things might affect the formation. If you move units in "safe" behaviour, they always move in column formation.

For a group of units even if i set the following waypoint the problem still occurs

Move = Formation 'Wedge' = Open fire and engage at will = Speed 'Normal' = Aware

I done evry combination of waypoint there is and the problem still occurs, It started immediatley after i installed Space Invaders 2.0. Units just won't change out of a Column formation. I'm gonna try to uninstall it to see if the problem IS caused by the addon or something else. I'm also using the Aliens 4.0 mod.

Thanks for the reply,thumbsup.gif, thought noone would answer... cry3.gif
Supr3me KiLL3r
See now, you didn't say anything about an aliens mod.

I had that at one point too, it caused a few weird problems. One you'll find is that when you try to open any mission you started creating after downloading it, it will tell you that you are missing "zabrak.pbo" addon (aliens mod). So you have to edit the mission.sqm to get rid of it.

In order to really narrow the problem down, start ArmA with just the space invaders mod, and nothing else. Then start adding things one at a time until it stops working again, and you have your problem.

drunk.gif
Sniper_Ghost
Okay guys i think ive solved it....I uninstalled Aleins 4.0 and the problem was still there, i unistalled space invaders aswell and the problem still occured...now i'm a little confused because i found a way around the problem. The column formation only occured when a waypoint was set to 'carless' or 'safe' with the other options 'aware' etc the units followed whichever formation was set i.e wedge.

Now this got me thinking, has this always happened and its just one of those Arma querks that i only noticed when i installed the above addons? unsure.gif

Could you guys please just test this out and see if it happens on your game? set a waypoint for a grouo of units and set them as either 'carless' or 'safe' and have them in a non-column formation. If the above happens then it must be just the game BUT if it doesn't happen then it has to be something else...and i'll have to rack my brains a bit more.

Thanks.
Supr3me KiLL3r
It is known that the Safe and Careless behaviours automatically change a groups formation to column. I dont know why but it would be nice to use say, staggered column wouldn't it?
Sniper_Ghost
QUOTE(Supr3me KiLL3r @ Jan 15 2009, 16:31) *
It is known that the Safe and Careless behaviours automatically change a groups formation to column. I dont know why but it would be nice to use say, staggered column wouldn't it?

Thanks for confirming it, feel stupid now lol boppin2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.