Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ARMA and SLI
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
studabakahawk
Ok i love this game, i played it almost all the way through on single player.
I recently re built my comp. with amd quad core cpu and 2 8800 Gt in SLI mode with 3 gig 1055 ddr2 memory.
before that i had amd dual core 5600 cpu and single 8800 gt. and i went to 4 gig pc-800 ddr2 game ran flawlessly even when . Not a single Dual core issue, not a single 3gig issue nor any 8800 gt problems and I ran all the newest GPU drivers as they came out.
Game ran great in very hi graphical range.
when i reinstalled the game on the new rig (9950 BE, 2 8800 GT in SLI, 3 gig 1055 ddr2 memory.780 chipset) i got graphical issues. game would freeze in first mission just as the T-72 came into view around the corner on the maim street.
Zoink! Bingo Zippppppp! game froze comp froze, only solution was to reboot ,period!
I searched the full range of tech solutions and all the forums for ARMA i could find and honestly none of them offered a good solution that worked, there were a lot of dual core references, and 800gt issue references.
some crazy 3 gig memory references. but none worked.
So im gonna tell you how i fixed the problem maybe helpsos.gif it will help someone else, like myself who played OFP and all of its fantastic mods over and over again till ARMA came out and now weve played this over again too. Cause this (and OFP) is the best Tactical shooter out there!
You must disable SLI mode and reset your resolution to monitors native resolution in control panel. There thats it problem solved.
Why wasnt this posted anywhere else in these forums? i googled this ' graphical issue in ARMA\ Game freezes in ARMA ' 100 x and got gobaldygook!
The forums go on and on i cant read every post there must be a way to get concrete answers to the forefront in forums .
Supr3me KiLL3r
ArmA doesn't use SLI anyway.

As for searching, narrow it down to the "Tech support" section in whatever forums, do a search for "crash to desktop", "CTD", "graphics", things like that.
studabakahawk
QUOTE(Supr3me KiLL3r @ Jan 25 2009, 14:47) *
ArmA doesn't use SLI anyway.

As for searching, narrow it down to the "Tech support" section in whatever forums, do a search for "crash to desktop", "CTD", "graphics", things like that.

Hey thanks for the info,
as i stated in my post.' ARMA wont run using SLI'
Im glad we agree. My post was to give someone an answer as to how to get it to run if you should have SLI running on your Rig.
The rest of my message was to illuminate the fact that the info isnt posted anywhere else in these forums. I searched the forums ( thanks for your informative 'how to search reference' ill try that next time.) and all I saw was stuff about 3 gig ram issue, and dual core cpu issues. Noone seemed to address the SLI issue and if they did all thay suggested was reinstall blah, blah, blah...
If you notice i gave good intel as to how to get your rig to run ARMA if you have an SLI set up. let me restate it incase you missed it:
In Nvidia control panel disable SLI feature, its just above manage d3d option.
The game will now run properly.

look for you in my night scope enjoy this awesome game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.