Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Error Compiling Vertex Shader (...)" Thread
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
fibola
Similiar issues have been discussed here before.
To provide an overwiew of all possible shapes this error could come in and to preserve a joint compilation of all suggestions that might fix it this thread will be the dedicated topic to head for henceforth.

hello everyone,

ive just installed a new fresh copy of arma and when i tried to run it i get error message of:

error compiling vertex shader vs terrain.

i have no idea what is that error , what i do know is that im update to my latest video card driver and that

i already played this game on my system at the past (with my cd that i just installed again) and this error wasnt shown up than.

anyone know what is that error means and how i can run this game ?
Supr3me KiLL3r
Google search reveals!... nothing.

So i'm going to just guess.

It sounds like somewhere in between you uninstalling it and reinstalling, something changed in your system and thus you get this error.

Options I can think of are

1.) Reinstall the game.

2.) Backtrack and see if you can't figure out what changed in the system since you uninstalled and reinstalled. Although I have seen programs stop working for no apparent reason.

3.) Rightclick mycomputer, go to manage, go to systemtools\eventviewer and check the application and system menus for errors related to ArmA or any graphics software. Post those here, or where ever they belong.

4.) Backup, reformat, reinstall.

I've only had one program ever have the same recurring error after a reformat, even though it worked before, but thats not related to this. Point is, if a reformat doesn't work, its hardware related.
crybaby
i got the same error. but there is a difference i think. i bought a new ati radeon 4850. before that i was using a gf 7300 gt when i was playing arma first time. but today i want to see the graphics with my new graphic card and i installed arma. but same error message occured. i dont know whats the problem. it can be related with new graphic card i think. did you do something close to this? i mean buyin a new videocard or smthng?
azamato
I bought this game finally i wanted it for a long time.
I installed it and when i start it up it says error "Error compilling Vertex shader" something something

i have P4 3.0ghz 2GB RAM and a 9600gt with the latest drivers and it doesnt work, i uninstalledi t and installed it back. Stil doesnt work
please please help me
pMASTER
This error message would mean your operating system or your video card could not handle the shaders ArmA comes with. But strictly speaking both can handle them, so you've got either a malfunction or a bad install.

1. Install the latest ArmA-patch, it fixes many video cards-related problems.

2. Be sure you have got the latest driver installed and activated. If this or the suggestion above didn't help, try to find an older driver and fully remove the older one in beforehand (driver restore point recommended).

3. Disable any pre-game settings (for example anti-aliasing etc) of your video card if it comes with a windows-based control application such as NIVIDIA system control.

4. If nothing of the above works, download MOHQ's modded NVIDIA drivers (on your own responsibility).

azamato
QUOTE(pMASTER @ Feb 11 2009, 16:02) *
This error message would mean your operating system or your video card could not handle the shaders ArmA comes with. But strictly speaking both can handle them, so you've got either a malfunction or a bad install.

1. Install the latest ArmA-patch, it fixes many video cards-related problems.

2. Be sure you have got the latest driver installed and activated. If this or the suggestion above didn't help, try to find an older driver and fully remove the older one in beforehand (driver restore point recommended).

3. Disable any pre-game settings (for example anti-aliasing etc) of your video card if it comes with a windows-based control application such as NIVIDIA system control.

4. If nothing of the above works, download MOHQ's modded NVIDIA drivers (on your own responsibility).

-my internet speed is full for the big files.. but i have 1.05 i think and i heard people who dl'd the newest patches but still got that error.
-latest drivers already have didnt work, older drivers didnt work either.
- no that didnt work too
- what are those.. probably won't work either :'(
pMASTER
QUOTE(azamato @ Feb 11 2009, 16:37) *
-my internet speed is full for the big files.. but i have 1.05 i think and i heard people who dl'd the newest patches but still got that error.
It would be helpful if you could download the newest patch anyway.

That's called "learning by trial and error".
-latest drivers already have didnt work, older drivers didnt work either.
Okay.
- no that didnt work too
All settings disabled?
- what are those.. probably won't work either :'(
Well, I made a typo in the name. It's "NOHQ" with an 'n'. I don't know where to find these, but it did help me with my old GeForce FX 5600 quite much.
azamato
QUOTE(pMASTER @ Feb 11 2009, 17:56) *
It would be helpful if you could download the newest patch anyway.

That's called "learning by trial and error".
Okay.
All settings disabled?
Well, I made a typo in the name. It's "NOHQ" with an 'n'. I don't know where to find these, but it did help me with my old GeForce FX 5600 quite much.

tried all of it.. nothing works :'(
so Bohemia didnt make a fix or something? i really really want to play this i spent 10 euros wich is not much for tyhis great game but i want to play it too tongue.gif
pMASTER
Did you already ask for help in the BIS forums?
They might know more about the problems that keep you away from Sahrani island.

I'm at my wits end now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.