Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: QueensGambit serial key question
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Armed Assault
-GM-
hi all, me and my brother have a copy of armed assault each with out own serial key each.
I was wondering if i bought one copy of queens gambit could i install it on both pc's as its just an add on, or does it need its own serial key for each pc like with the original game?

Also is it worth getting queens gambit in the first place with the amount of user made addons that are available on such great sites as this!

Many thanks
David
Blackbuck
Some things require QG as standard, I bought it just to have it in case I want an addon that needs it. As for CDkeys. I'm not sure if you can install it on two machines and play it afterwards.
-GM-
ok thanks. Yeah ive seen a few addons that require it so thought it'd be worth it.
Anyone else know if QG has a cd key of its own or if i'd be able to buy one to install on 2 pc's?
JdB
QUOTE(-GM- @ Feb 5 2009, 12:21) *
Also is it worth getting queens gambit in the first place with the amount of user made addons that are available on such great sites as this!

I'm not sure about this. We (Invasion 1944) for example are trying to keep any Queen's Gambit content out of the mod to make it available to everyone that has ArmA. I'm sure though that not every mod will try to do the same. It's really hard to tell until, basically only after an addon/mod has been released. Many would (and have) argue that QG is not worth the money, unless you buy the Gold Edition, which has it included (for those that don't have ArmA yet). It's pretty simple, how much are you willing to spend on it? If it is above that amount, don't, if it isn't, buy it.
D@V£
Legally? Not really... it's a bit of a grey area to be honest. You'd have to check the EULA for the software. I'm not a legal expert to be honest though.

From a technical aspect, this is feasible though, as the game only uses the default ArmA key. Though I'm not entirely certain about this, it is set up as a modfolder, and doesn't use a seperate executable.

As for addon requirements, it's general etiquette not to have QG as a required addon for most things (or to create addons for your addons for the QG dependant content), the main thing it's used for is islands and missions.
-GM-
ah, so it seems it is possible but not necessarily worth it...
I saw queens gambit go on ebay for £3 last night, but wasnt sure if i'd end up paying the retain price for a 2nd copy for my brother. Now it seems that wouldnt be necessary, as long as its legal. Wish I'd have bought it for £3 as it seems that it can't hurt to have it installed...
thanks to all for their help
Rellikki
Queen's Gambit doesn't have a serial key or anything like that. It's just like any other mod for ArmA... The installer doesn't ask for your ArmA CD-key or anything, so yes, you can install it on the both PC's without any problems.
-GM-
guys i got an error message on install because i have 1.14 installed and it said i needed to be on 1.08.
Do i need to reinstall the game and install 1.05, 1.08, QG, 1.14?
Deadeye
QUOTE(-GM- @ Feb 5 2009, 19:10) *
guys i got an error message on install because i have 1.14 installed and it said i needed to be on 1.08.
Do i need to reinstall the game and install 1.05, 1.08, QG, 1.14?

correct smile.gif
-GM-
daaaamn...

if i have addons in my addons folder can i leave them in there while i uninstall? Will they remain in the folder, or should I just cut and paste them elsewhere and re-copy them when I have reinstalled in the right order?
Deadeye
They won't get removed, just the official ArmA files and folders. I'm not sure about the shortcuts though.
-GM-
cool, thanks a lot.
Just had my first play online with my brother, was awesome.
Just couldnt work out how to lock onto enemy aircraft! Only seemed to be able to lock onto tanks on the ground... hmmm
-GM-
sorry guys but ive got so much to learn!
Ive downloaded a couple of multiplayer missions from this site and extracted them to the MPMissions folder but I can not see them in the game, where do I look? I checked they didnt need any additional addons first...
Rellikki
Be sure that the missions didn't create any subfolders inside the MPMissions folder when you extracted them. They need to be in the root MPMissions folder along with any other MP missions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.