Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New desktop computer
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
MACV-SOG Baskis
I need help in finding out what I should get for a new desktop gaming computer so that I can play both Armed Assault and Armed Assault 2 with a decent FPS. Can someone please list all the gadgets that I will need for a new desktop gaming computer. I don't know much about computers so that is why I am asking for some help.
Willus Killus
This should be useful:

ArmA II System Requirements
Altee
Hi,

the info suggested as minimum specs on ARMAII could put you wrong.

I'm not expert, but if you have Vista installed and only 512mb ram & 256mb vid card, you will not enjoy smooth gameplay. Even with a gig of ram Vista alone runs slow.

My suggestion brother is to get a machine built with a quad processor, as much ram (2gb min.) and as powerful a video card that you can afford (512mb is good, and the one suggested on ARMAII is probably the best for this game -it can get a bit overwhelming if you start ready all the forum on which card is best! -someone here may have better advice).

Sometimes it doesn't cost a whole lot more to double specs on ram and processor power etc. if you are having something put together for you.

In my opinion you cannot have too much ram or Video ram -the more the clearer smoother and more efficient it all runs.

Hope this helps, as said before I'm no expert, this is just my experience.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.