Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Airborne Assault
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Mission Editing & Scripting
paver001
I am trying to set up an airborne drop of troops. I still have not figured this out yet so here is what I would like to be able to do...

1. I need to set the altitude of my Chinook at a set height, and I need the helo to slow down to a given speed.
2. I need to get those troops out the back as fast as possible at a given location.
3. I need to get the Chinook to return to an airbase or carrier and land there, i know how to get more troops on the helo if I needed to.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out. worship.gif
Mnemonic
I'm not an expert, but for 1) you could try
unitname FlyInHeight x
for x in meters.
For 2), would a normal waypoint "transport unload" do the trick?
communistbastard
Hmm I have always had a problem with FlyInHeight. I use it on choppers in such form "This FlyInHeight 100" but regardless of what variable I use the helicopter always starts an altitude of 50...
W0lle
for 1.

CODE
this setPos [getPos this select 0,getPos this select 1,100]; this flyInHeight 100

should do the trick. Chopper might still change altitude a bit though.

for 2.
Transport unload works fine. Alternatively you can use one of the many paradrop scripts around and execute it if the chopper is near the ground > 2 meters. inside a trigger which is activated by either the side or vehicle (syncronize trigger with chinook).
D@V£
Want to be able to paradrop troops out of a chinook

Transport unload will not work for this.

There are a few ways of doing it. If you want a good effect, you'll need scripting, otherwise, the action command should work.

CODE
_soldier action ["eject", vehicle soldier]

It's a bit tedious to put this for each unit in your group though, so what's usually better is this:

CODE
(_x action ["eject", chinook]) foreach units group SquadLeader

(Where chinook is the name of the aircraft in question, and squadleader is the name of the squadleader)
communistbastard
CODE
this setPos [getPos this select 0,getPos this select 1,100]; this flyInHeight 100

When I use this code for some reason my AI pilot decides to fly back to the default altitude of 50...
Willus Killus
When I use this code for some reason my AI pilot decides to fly back to the default altitude of 50...

then try...

CODE
this setPos [getPos this select 0,getPos this select 1,100]; this flyInHeight 200

If i remember correctly the FlyInHeight command does not use the same figures as the actual altitude, can be a little weird. Try experimenting with a few different numbers.
Zuzivowo
QUOTE(communistbastard @ Apr 3 2009, 05:01) *
CODE

You have to put it on your waypoint aswell thumbsup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.