Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tank gunner will not change weapon when ordered
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
mick
New member posting here... appologies if this has been covered before but I have done some searching and could not find the answer.

While playing as the Tank Commander (in the campaign) I am unable to order the Gunner to change weapon to main gun/sabot (by pressing F). The gunner also feels that the best option to engage enemy armour is with coax, which is somewhat ineffective...

Interestingly if I switch to the driver position and press F the Gunner obeys the command and changes weapon.

So two linked questions:

1. Is there a fix for being able to order the gunner to change weapons.
2. Is there a fix for the gunner to select the appropriate weapon themselves

I am running v1.15 on vista 64bit.

Thanks for your help
communistbastard
1) Your problem from what I have read is rather easy to solve, you must space bar then f to change to the main gun on the tank. When you just press F you are attempting to change your gun, which is the mounted M2 machine gun, so that's why it doesn't work.

2) Although I haven't messed around in a tank recently, to the best of my knowledge the default AI in Arma is very very stupid and I don't think there is any workaround that makes the gunner intelligent enough to select the appropriate weapon.
Rewan
If you give stupid orders the AI will follow you know... If it's just pissing you off you can try to switch and play as gunner... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.