Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Video Artifacting. Unable to play ARMA
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
JohnnyCanuck1977
I am having trouble finding someone with a problem similar to mine. I've been searching many forums with no luck. Leaving it to you guys to help out hopefully someone wil have an answer.

This is a link to what I see when I start ARMA (it also happens in OFP) I think it may be a directX issue but I can't get DirectX 9 to load on my computer.

My system specs:

AMD 7750 2.7 GHZ processor
ATI 3780 Catalyst 9.3 drivers
4 Gig of OZC ram running at 1066mhz
Vista home premium

All drivers updated.
Linker Split
there's no link tongue.gif

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_T...eshooting_Vista
JohnnyCanuck1977
Thanks for the link I'll try everyhthing here and see if it helps. I had a link to the picture but the picture came in huge so I went with the thumbnail photo vice the link. Guess I should have changed my sentence eh?lol. If any of the tips on the troubleshooting page work I will forever be in your debt.
Linker Split
QUOTE(JohnnyCanuck1977 @ Mar 30 2009, 19:23) *
Thanks for the link I'll try everyhthing here and see if it helps. I had a link to the picture but the picture came in huge so I went with the thumbnail photo vice the link. Guess I should have changed my sentence eh?lol. If any of the tips on the troubleshooting page work I will forever be in your debt.

No debts man smile.gif
we are a community, we are all friends biggrin.gif
JohnnyCanuck1977
Thanks for the the warm welcome. Unfortunately still no joy. Arma still has the messed up screen. It occured to me that this maybe a driver issue. As it's been awhile since I've played Arma and there have been many driver updates since then I'm going to try and roll back my driver to an earlier version, maybe 8.1 of the Catalyst driver. Here's hoping. worship.gif
Linker Split
dis you check the section about 4Gb RAM and ArmA?
JohnnyCanuck1977
QUOTE(Linker Split @ Mar 31 2009, 08:34) *
dis you check the section about 4Gb RAM and ArmA?

Yeah I removed one of the sticks of RAM but the problem remains. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the video driver, but I'm having a hard time getting the driver to rollback. The first to drivers I downloaded from the ATI dite didn't work. I'm downloading a driver from 8 months ago now hopefully I'll be able to get it to load properly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.