Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ArmA 2 360 Release Date
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > ArmA II - Combined Operations
Bigpickle
IGN have advertised that ArmA 2 is now out on the 360 before the PC version they are showing this date on their website.
Says its OUT TODAY for the 360!

IGN is a pretty well respected site with major links with official XBOX but still.....
Am I going crazy ! this has gotta be a screw up surely ! Dont get me wrong I hope not but it seems odd that's all.
I have searched the net to see if any retailers are stocking it and none are. I dropped into the store "GAME" here in the UK and they dont even have it on their lists for PC let alone 360. Same went for other major stores here in the UK such as Virgin & HMV.
So I trawled the net to see if i could find any other info either to debunk or collaborate this date, found a few saying Q1 2009 but nothing directly confirming that it was a 360 date or pc for that matter.

Anyone here able to shed some light on this before I get all worked up again only to be disappointed with yet another bogus release date weirdsmiley.gif
Big_Rooney
BIS had originally stated that the release date would be in the first quarter of the 2009, that obviously isn't gonna happen.

Maybe IGN picked up this news and pre-programmed it into their database to pop on this day to signal that the game is out, It obviously isn't out today.

Think about it, all major games come out on Wednesdays or Fridays, why release one on monday.
communistbastard
Oh i forgot that BIS was attempting to enter the console market again. I don't think they learned their lesson yet from OFP: Elite
Bigpickle
yeah your prolly right about the pre set database message. I got weapons_owned.gif
Jeza
Heard it was april fools or something
http://kotaku.com/5189443/week-in-games-is-this-april-fools
Big_Rooney
QUOTE(Jeza @ Mar 30 2009, 20:03) *

Could also be true, I hate aprils fools man.
Kekkonen
so is it, or is it not going to be on xbox360? would be nice to know.
JdB
QUOTE(Kekkonen @ Sep 26 2009, 12:28) *
so is it, or is it not going to be on xbox360? would be nice to know.

No new information has been released by BIS in over a year (IIRC), questions about the 360 release are answered with answers similar to "Information will be made public when we have new information", and Codemasters pretty much has the casual console shooter market cornered with Dragon Rising (ArmA2 on the 360 would be casual as well, since they would have to cut out/limit a lot of features as the 360 doesn't nearly have as many keycombo possibilities as the PC does, and the console community isn't exactly the market for a game in which one mission can take hours of crawling through the environment, the vast majority loves fast-paced action).

So basically .... don't count on it.
Kekkonen
well there's so rumour about ARMA 2 being released on 1-30-2010.
here's the cdon.fi and if you find the language not uderstandable, use some transletor.
birdinator2
I have been researching and I heard the Release to be in May 2010.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.