Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Campaign" crashes
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Mnemonic
Hey everyone.

I usually only play ArmA's multiplayer online, a single mission every now and then or use the editor.
Therefore I don't know when exactly the problem occured (e.g. "starting with patch 1.xx"):

When I select "play" and then "campaign" from the ArmA main menu, the screen turns black (before any other menu loads) and ArmA crashes back to the desktop without any error message.
Everything else (single missions, armory, multiplayer, editor+editor preview) works perfectly fine though. And I was able to play the campaign in the past (even though, as I said, I didn't play it with the last few patches).

Any ideas? I tried with ArmA patch 1.15b and 1.14. My OS is WindowsXP, but as it's just the campaign that won't work, I doubt it's any of my OS or system specs.

Thanks in advance~
Linker Split
did yuo try to install the game again?

I think that the problem could be caused by a error when you patched the game
Mnemonic
I just reinstalled it and tested without patching (version is 1.08 from the Gold Edition) and it was the same error. Still the same after patching up to 1.14/1.15b.
Then I created a new profile and suddenly it worked.
When I switched back to my old/main profile, it crashed again.

So it seems the error is in my main profile... is there any way to fix that?

edit:// maybe anything in the [name].ArmAProfile file?
The only thing mentioning the campaign was
CODE
currentCampaign="campaigns\ca";
lastCampaignMission="Into Enemy Territory";

edit:// oh, and as I just got the chance to ask (and I don't wanna start a new thread for this): is it possible to create armed satchel-charges in the editor that are "under the control" of the player? (in other words: satchel-charges already placed and ready to explode right at the beginning).. I know, wrong forum, but maybe you could help me with that as well. ^^;
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.