Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ARMA epilepsy
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
T4MP400
Hello all fellow arma players out there. I have not played arma for a while now but yesterday when i sat down at may computer named robot cop and started up arma it tried to make me go epilepsy... It went blinking from white and black... The menu where you choose what to do is not effected just the playeble stuff like (In the menu you have a in-game camera) I cant see that when it blinking like that so i thought something was bugged with the menu since i just downloaded a addon that shouldnt effect it anyway but i thought so but anyway when i started to begin playing i got this problem again so it only happens in-game. I have patched up to 1.14 cause of stupid Vista and i have 4gb ram... my spcs is not the problem. I have not named it to Robot Cop for nothing. But i may found a reason for this. I had problems with GTA IV so i looked after a new graphic driver and a found 1 and installed it and GTA IV worked perfect but i cant say the same about arma... Can the upgrade of the driver be the problem or is something else i have not considered. I have reinstalled the game twice after this happend so that addon i talked about is not the problem in this case. If anyone know a free pic-uploader please give me a link so i may show you how it looks... Google is down for me and live search is like finding my game that i lost in google earth so thats why i dont have any images to show you guys.
Thanks in advance!

SPECS:
CPU: Intel core duo E8500, 3.2 GHz
GPU: nividia 9800GX2
RAM: 4GB

THIS MAY BE THE END OF nuke.gif ARMA nuke.gif
pMASTER
Try imageshack, but that's not necessary yet.

Did ArmA work normally after you installed the patch but before you replaced your video card driver?
If your answer is 'yes', you should definitely reinstall the older driver so we can isolate the issue.
UKGBlazero
i cant see how he as GTA IV running ok i cant get it to run on my rig lol but arma runs all ok as for ya graphic driver this may be why Arma is doing wot it doing wot iv been told the graphic drivers you have r for GTA4 so ya id reinstall the old ones and see wot you get i had some thing like it with the new 9.3 drivers for my 4670 card with Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X i wos told put the 9.2 ones in and it will work and it did as for gta4 i just gived up with it and one more thing did you uninstall all of the old driver for ya card as this can frak things up for ya aswell

CPU: AMD 5600X2
GPU: ATI Radeon HD4670 1Gig
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800
T4MP400
QUOTE(pMASTER @ Apr 1 2009, 01:37) *
Try imageshack, but that's not necessary yet.

Did ArmA work normally after you installed the patch but before you replaced your video card driver?
If your answer is 'yes', you should definitely reinstall the older driver so we can isolate the issue.

Yes it did but i had some problems with lag i editor and crashes when i pressed preview in editor but i fixed that with -windowed mode. Thats all the problems i had. That was because i had vista64 (it ran smooth on my old XP).
Here you have the link to my shutdown problem This... is... ERROR!

I will try to do that when i come home from work today but i wonder how a graphic driver update can ruin a game like that. I find it hard to find a reason for this to happen just cause of that. But i will try doing so and hopefully it will work.
Deadeye
Maybe the ArmA Vista Troubeshooting stuff here will help both of you :

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_T...eshooting_Vista
T4MP400
Okey i just reinstalled back to the driver (180.20 for nividia 9800GX2) and the game still dosent work. There must be something else. Anyone have some suggestions? One thing i discovered was that when i go from deskop to the game it turns from normal back to epilepsy... So everytime I Alt + Tab or Ctrl + Alt + Del it turn back to normal but when i get back into the game it goes epilepsy... Dont know if that can help you guys figure out what have happend to my dearest arma but i want her back!

Here come some pics of how it look like
Pic 1 Sorry about this pic i know you can see double at the top but i made it in paint a little too fast so i didnt pick a thought into it.
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Linker Split
you have to enable (or disable, I didn't remember) HDR
T4MP400
QUOTE(Linker Split @ Apr 1 2009, 18:14) *
you have to enable (or disable, I didn't remember) HDR

What do you mean in the game cause i cant find anything in the options in the game or something in the control panels? Can you explain a little more what you mean with it?
UKGBlazero
ye dus look like the HDR is on and i dut know how to disable it
Linker Split
there were the same problem at BI forum, and they suggested him to install the latest drivers, and after he did it, it worked.

CHECK HERE AT BI FORUM!
T4MP400
QUOTE(Linker Split @ Apr 2 2009, 09:52) *
there were the same problem at BI forum, and they suggested him to install the latest drivers, and after he did it, it worked.

CHECK HERE AT BI FORUM!

YEah upgrading his worked but as i have said i got the problem when i upgraded mine to the latest. Now i have down-graded to the one before and when that didnt work i patched it up again to the latest WHICH I HAVE NOW. So the driver is not the problem... This HDR you talked about earlier can that be the problem in that case how do i turn i off or on? PLease help me im in critical help for arma! ohnoo.gif BTW if this can help PIC 1 have the colors of the rainbow meanwhile the others have darker and brightest colors so i just want to say pic 1 is made in patch 1.15/BETA but the others is in 1.14. Hope that helps
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.