Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AI problem
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Mission Editing & Scripting
Zuzivowo
I'm making a "mission" in ACEmod where one of the AI's is shooting at a "invisble target" (which you can create in ACEmod). But he fire at full auto and use a magazine in like 3 sec.. Is it possible to make the AI fire the weapon in semi auto? Or just make him fire a bit slower?
Zuzivowo
Anyone?
communistbastard
First of all you should never bump your own thread, its against the forum rules.

And to answer your question, no you can't change the AI to fire semi automatic
Rellikki
You could try moving the target further away and/or lower the AI's skill level. That way he might not shoot as effectively on it.
Alternatively you could deleteVehicle the target after a specific time, so the AI won't empty all its magazines on the target.
All this depends on the scene, of course; whether it's a cutscene or a mission with many possible ways to approach the target, thus it might be closer to the AI again unlike you planned, if my first advice worked...
Zuzivowo
QUOTE(communistbastard @ Apr 5 2009, 22:30) *
First of all you should never bump your own thread, its against the forum rules.

And to answer your question, no you can't change the AI to fire semi automatic

Sorry about that.

QUOTE(Rellikki @ Apr 6 2009, 00:47) *
You could try moving the target further away and/or lower the AI's skill level. That way he might not shoot as effectively on it.
Alternatively you could deleteVehicle the target after a specific time, so the AI won't empty all its magazines on the target.
All this depends on the scene, of course; whether it's a cutscene or a mission with many possible ways to approach the target, thus it might be closer to the AI again unlike you planned, if my first advice worked...

I'm making a movie where some soldiers are shooting at those training targets. It just looked rediculess when he fired that fast. But he fired a bit slower when i lowered his skill level. So thank you biggrin.gif

Btw. I have another question. I've done some searches here on the forum, but it didn't help me. This is basicly my question. And this didn't work for some reason.
Rellikki
First create a plane far away of the mission area and place a waypoint close to its starting position with "Hold fire" and "Careless" conditions, so it won't go destroying anything on its own without your command. Then place a trigger on the map, activated by: "Radio Alpha" and drag a synchronizing line between that trigger and the plane's first waypoint. This way, once you use the action from your radio menu (0-0-1), the plane will be set free of its initiliazing waypoint and may continue. You can add a command: plane_name sidechat "Air support inbound!" on the trigger's activation field to be sure that the plane is surely coming.

After this, give the plane another waypoint to the area where you want the support to come with conditions "Open fire" and "Combat", so the plane is free to engage again. Then place a trigger on the map with condition: !alive tank1 && !alive tank2 && !alive tank3 and synchronize it with the plane's attacking waypoint. That would make the CAS support complete once vehicles tank1, tank2 and tank3 are destroyed. Of course, you may edit that as you wish.

Then give the plane another waypoint where it should withdraw once the support is complete with conditions "Hold fire" and "Careless" again, so the plane will stop the support for sure.
Zuzivowo
QUOTE(Rellikki @ Apr 6 2009, 16:14) *
First create a plane far away of the mission area and place a waypoint close to its starting position with "Hold fire" and "Careless" conditions, so it won't go destroying anything on its own without your command. Then place a trigger on the map, activated by: "Radio Alpha" and drag a synchronizing line between that trigger and the plane's first waypoint. This way, once you use the action from your radio menu (0-0-1), the plane will be set free of its initiliazing waypoint and may continue. You can add a command: plane_name sidechat "Air support inbound!" on the trigger's activation field to be sure that the plane is surely coming.

After this, give the plane another waypoint to the area where you want the support to come with conditions "Open fire" and "Combat", so the plane is free to engage again. Then place a trigger on the map with condition: !alive tank1 && !alive tank2 && !alive tank3 and synchronize it with the plane's attacking waypoint. That would make the CAS support complete once vehicles tank1, tank2 and tank3 are destroyed. Of course, you may edit that as you wish.

Then give the plane another waypoint where it should withdraw once the support is complete with conditions "Hold fire" and "Careless" again, so the plane will stop the support for sure.

Wow, a very detailed explanation. Thank you very much. Worked perfectly biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.