Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using Addons/Multiplayer/3D Ripper DX
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Sniper_Ghost
helpsos.gif

This is a long story but i thought I would put as much information as possible so bear with me.

Due to the "single texture/blank" sky issue caused by installing patch 1.14, I am using (as suggested in another thread) a program called 3D Ripper DX to solve it. Which works fine.

I have also installed a large number of community addons to the game, at first I simply placed all the PBO's etc in the normal addon folder with everything else etc. This also works fine.

Until however, I go on Multiplayer. Where I'm confronted by messages saying unsigned addons detected etc etc.
So at first I simply placed all the addons in a differtn folder when i wanted to go on multiplayer which aswell as being really annoying and time consuming, I sometimes removed the wrong thing. __furious.gif

So I then decided to use the method of creating a seperate folder for the addons and changing the Game Shortcut etc. So i would have 2 shortcuts one for singleplayer addons and one for multiplayer. This works fine.

Except the "single texture/blank" sky remains and I can't run the 3D Ripper program with the addons as It wont access the Seperate Addon Folder, it just runs the normal game.

If anyone can suggest anything to get the 3D ripper program to recognise the addons folder so I can use addons in singleplayer aswell as unmodded multiplayer without the "single texture/blank" sky problem I'd be really appreciative. worship.gif

Oh yeah the 3D Ripper program access's the game through the 'exe' file.
UKGBlazero
sky issue caused by installing patch 1.14 funny i dut get it and as for the addons thats why we all use mod Folders for tham as for the sky issue well i think you need to reinstall the game but wot grfx card do you have ?? as this may be giveing you the sky issue with the game as i cant see it been the 1.14 patch

Sniper_Ghost
I'm currently using 'Nividia GeForce 7300 SE' graphics card, and the reason i think its patch 1.14 is that i dont get the problem if I have an earlier patch i.e 1.08 etc

Also I have reinstalled the game a number of times and this hasnt solved the problem.

Thanks for the reply.
UKGBlazero
have you updated you drivers for ya grfx card or r you useing the old ones that come with ya 7300 ???? and i just did a look up on ya card i think you will need to go and get a new one m8e i think thats ya problem the 7300 is a old one it use.s the same stuff as the 7100 old man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_7_Ser...GeForce_7300_SE
cards i know that will work ok with the game r ones iv had like ATI X1600 / hd3650 and the new i have at this time is a hd 4750 0ne gig card as for Nividia if i wos you id go for some thing like a GeForce 7900 GTX or some thing like it but id go with ATI look for the Eah 3650 top or one like it with 512mb on it it runs @ 750 mhz to 800 for £70 its good the one i have in now is a eah4650 one gig on it cost £90 from er http://www.bespokepcs.net/ have a look and get a new one i think this will help ya out
Sniper_Ghost
Thanks alot, I was planning to upgrade my computer at some point so I think i'll take your advice and get a new graphics card. When I have the money lol.

Cheers thumbsup.gif
Benoist
You won't have any problem, I use it all the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.