Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTX295 Blue Screen
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Mach2Infinity
Hello,

I recently bought a GTX295 graphics card, it works great except with Armed Assault (so far). At a random point my screen will go blank then a blue screen message shows and the machine eventually reboots. On startup the problem report states that it's a 'Nvidia driver problem'. I went from the latest 182.50 drivers to the 182.08 set but the problem remained. So I shall switch to the older 181.22 drivers and see if the problem disappears. I have been able to play a number of ArmA games for hours but clearly this problem ruins an otherwise very enjoyable gaming experience. I haven't played my other games half as much as I play ArmA, so hopefully this is an isolated case. I also just re-formatted my machine and the problem obviously hasn't gone away. At least the re-format fixed my X-Fi issue!
Supr3me KiLL3r
It would help to know what other hardware you are using because it could be caused by any number of things.

Try right clicking "My computer" and go to "manage", then "Event viewer" >>> "windows logs" >>> "applications". It will show a list of all the errors and crashes your computer has experienced for a while, see if any of them are caused by Armed Assault and look through that for information.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the new SLI-out-of-the-box (2 cards in one) graphics cards like the GTX200 series are inherently unstable in a game like this that doesn't use SLI at all, which is why I bought an 8800 GTX which is the fastest single card you can buy short of an 8800 ultra.
UKGBlazero
do you get the same thing when you have played your other games or is it just arma ? but i think Supr3me KiLL3r as got it in one it may be some thing you have in ya pc that the grfx card dus not like
Mach2Infinity
Hello guys,

My exact system specifications :-

Asus Striker II NSE
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz
Corsair 6GB (4GB 2 x 2GB & 2GB 2 x 1GB) PC3 10666 Dual Channel DDR3
XFX GTX295
Western Digital Caviar GP 1TB
Corsair TX 750W
Vista x64

I bought and installed the card two weeks ago and this problem manifested. At the time I was also playing Call of Duty: World at War, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway and World in Conflict. I experienced no problems in the aforementioned games. However a caveat is that I have been able to play Armed Assault for hours and not experience a blue screen.

Last week I formatted my machine and reinstalled Vista. The problem still continues. Whilst browsing online for a solution, I have come across posts that say running a game in windowed mode and having Windows Aero enabled causng blue screen on the GTX295. I don't run ArmA in windowed mode and I tried disabling Windows Aero, this didn't work. Furthermore, after rebooting from a blue screen, the Vista error report always states that the problem is caused by the Nvidia drivers. I believe this is correct. Given that the card is only four months old it will have certain bugs, unfortunately. I have tried the 182.50, 182.08 and 181.22 drivers, the problem persists on all three drivers. I am currently using the 182.50 drivers. I have downloaded the 185.81 Beta drivers but obviously I have not installed them. After each driver uninstall, I always reboot in safe mode and run Driver Cleaner then reboot normally.

The only other possible solution that I can think is to disable dual-GPU mode when playing ArmA. I will try this and see if it works and let you know.
UKGBlazero
ya it just may be ya drivers for the grfx card my setup for the game is AMD 5600+ 4gig and ATI 4670 card but the funny thing is i can run it all ok and run it in dual-cpu mode when playing ArmA and it runs ok and am not running Vista just xp pro with sp3 have a go with the omega drivers it may just help

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_drivers

and good luck man
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.