Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guatemalan Flag?
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Armed Assault
rodzandz
I don't quite get the storyline in this game.
In OFP, it was very clear what was going on, and who I was fighting... but here?
Where the heck is "Sahrani" suppoed to be? At first I thought it was some fictional country in the middle east or africa,
but then I started seeing spanish names for the towns and cities....

But then...... Did I just see a friggin' Guatemalan Flag in one of the M113 tanks??

Yup! In one of the cut scenes with the news woman, there is what appears to be a Guatemalan flag on a U.S. tank in the background (slightly out of focus),
but I'm sure of it.

Take a look:

What gives????????????

D@V£
This is the flag of the fictitious southern monarchy, it's similar to the Guatemalan flag, but has a lion instead of the bird onto a scroll.

You know, like how Liberia nicked the US flag.
archiee
D@V£ is actually right.

They're similar, but not identical.

Biki says that Sahrani is situated in the Atlantic Ocean at coordinates 39° 57' 0" N 40° 1' 12" W (in the game world of course), so names and language could be a remainder of spanish colonisation in 15th-18th centuries.

M113 is not a tank, BTW.
rodzandz
Great info! Thanks!

It seems that the Bohemian Interactive team got their inspiration from the Central American countries.
From what I've played, I've actually identified some of the town/city names as those from real towns/cities of Nicaragua..

Game = Real
Corazo=Carazo
Corinto=Corinto
Somato=Somoto
Bonanza=Bonanza

Could it be just an interesting coincidence?

P.S. Haha, sorry archiee, I should have said APC.
Wittmann
Not really, BIS has a habit of using some real world terrain or influences in its map making.

Recently a comparison between ArmA 2's fictitious nation and a region of the Czech Republic in Google Earth was posted.
Several of the OFP Islands have real world counterparts also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.