Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yet another weird graphics issue! LOL
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
brandon
Ok, I promise this isn't a dupe thread! LOL My computer was doing fine. I went to start up Arma and it hesitated, so I double clicked it again and before I knew it, I had two Arma games starting at the same time and I couldn't do anything, Ctrl+alt+del wouldn't do anything until both games had fully started and gotten to the screen where you can select multiplayer. I quit one of the games and when I went to the other one, my mouse pointer was there, but flickering and it had a weird little box around it no matter what I did. Now it does that every time I start Arma.

Any suggestions?
D@V£
Try changing the refresh rate of ArmA. Error's like these usually occur when ArmA uses the same refresh rate of the desktop.
brandon
Fantastic idea, and I just tried it, to no avail. Still does it.
brandon
Anyone else have any ideas they'd like to throw out? I'm willing to try just about anything at this point short of an unnecessary hard drive reformat.
D@V£
Change the resolution? Might work I guess...

Try alt-tabbing in and out whenever you get the issue could work too.
brandon
Tried both of those too just now. I alt-tab back and forth all the time as I always have more going on than just the game. Neither of those worked. Like I said, I'll try anything! Any more ideas? LOL
D@V£
Maybe try changing the resolution or refresh rate of your desktop?
brandon
I figured out what happened. I'd forgotten that to try to get rid of the first graphics issue I had, with it telling me my drivers quit working and it crashing my game, I turned down the hardware acceleration one notch. I have been able to get the game to recover from freezeups using this setting, but it makes for a flickering mouse pointer. In fact, ever since the hardware acceleration tune-down but just one notch, I haven't had the game crash on me. It might freeze up, but I can alt-tab it back and get it working again. Before if I tried....it was no use. It just crashed dead on me. I appreciate the help!

Edit: It just crashed on me, but it didn't take the computer with it. But hey, it's ok! Its better than before!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.