Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ArmA crashes when loading Islands
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Arman
Hello all! Bit of a new ArmA player here.

Anyway, I've encountered a little problem, whenever I try and use an Island, the game crashes. For example I have the Al Kfir-Afghanistan addon, I placed it in a folder in the main ArmA directory called "Afghan", then inside that I created a folder called "Addons", and inside that, the .pbo file. I then copy the shortcut to ArmA.exe, and add "-mod=Afghan" to the end of it.

The program launches, runs through the splashscreens, and when I select Mission Editor, and then the Afghan Map, it crashes and produces the error:

Cannot load world 'afghan\afghan.wrp'

Anyone know where I can obtain the file "afghan.wrp"?
pMASTER
You did "copy the shortcut to Arma.exe"? What's that supposed to mean?
Arman
Just like in this guide: http://www.hotshots.folkersma.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1635
D@V£
The wrp file should be contained in the pbo archive.

Sounds like an error with the island's config to me. Points to a non-existent wrp file. Same crash as if a unit references a non-existent p3d.

Check the island doesn't need any external addons you aren't running.
Arman
D@V£, I've had a look at the file info, and apparently it doesn't need any addons, Here's the download page for the Island: http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=islands&id=41

I'm downloading another Island file now, and will try that out, perhaps it was just that one.
bulkington80
a humble suggestion - do not use custom islands becasue they are almost always full of bugs and some of those bugs you will discover after you have made a bunch of missions for that island and that really sucks smile.gif
Blackbuck
Okay... What is your problem?! First you tell people not to use mod folders now you tell them not to use custom content. I'm growing tired of this rapidly.
Toadball
In addition to what Helping Hand has said, if you've done any proper mission editing you will have found these bugs whilst testing the first of these missions. That and very very very few community made islands released have bugs that would prevent missions from working so your argument is baseless.

I'd also like to ask you why you post such trash on a site/forum that is used to promote and distribute custom content for the game, the only explanation: you sir, and I use that address very loosely, are a troll.
Wittmann
Cool it Jynx, keep it above board gentlemen. Any personal problems use the Private Messaging function. I expect better from staff.

I have to agree with the sentiment; anyone familiar with modding knows that mod folders are the way to go and custom content is what keeps this game alive. Its a dodgy mod- scrap it.
If you have a strange problem - ask us, we will help if we can. Thats what a forum is for.
Personally I quite like Ensk Island and have no problems and am finding I44 and its custom content to be superb.
I also use mod folders - when new to OFP mods 7 or so years ago I used the 'dump everything into addons' method and had a whole host of issues. Once mod folders were explained and large addons and total conversions become available I switched and thus could ID issues and string together different mod folders if needed. Makes organisation and bug-finding so much easier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.