Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installed a mod, now what ?
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
danielud
Hi, i installed the "IDF Units + CH53 Chopper (v 1.6 )" (LINK) Addon, and i saw some of the stuff at the armory.. this way i know i successfully installed that.

Now, i want to play the missions in there, how can i play ? i cant find any missions or anything connected to this at the game.. i started a campaign but its just starting the campaign of the original game.. what to do ? how to play the addon i installed ?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel.
bulkington80
Your post brings so many happy memories wink.gif

Ok, so you have installed the addon or a mod. If there are missions included with the addon, you can search your hard drive for the missions folder of ArmA and put those missions in that folder. Then start ArmA and you can play the new missions. IF there are no missions provided with the addon (and that happens all the time) you will need to enter the mission editor of ArmA & create your own mission. If all was installed properly (i am almost afraid to write this.. but use the addons folder for installation of addons) you can now use the new units or weapons in the addon you have installed in your own mission. It's a very simple process as long as you are willing to experiment.
danielud
QUOTE(bulkington80 @ May 31 2009, 16:02) *
Your post brings so many happy memories wink.gif

Ok, so you have installed the addon or a mod. If there are missions included with the addon, you can search your hard drive for the missions folder of ArmA and put those missions in that folder. Then start ArmA and you can play the new missions. IF there are no missions provided with the addon (and that happens all the time) you will need to enter the mission editor of ArmA & create your own mission. If all was installed properly (i am almost afraid to write this.. but use the addons folder for installation of addons) you can now use the new units or weapons in the addon you have installed in your own mission. It's a very simple process as long as you are willing to experiment.

If i understand right, I do have mission folder ive downloaded with the mod, just take the mission folder and put in in the original ArmA root and than just go in game and find the missions in the missions place .. is this correct ?

And thank you very much for helping.. i really do appreciate that !

EDIT - not working . its giving me a massage about downloaded content..
bulkington80
I can't check the mod you describe on this PC, so there's not much I can do right now.
The basic idea is that missions go to the mission folder & addons go to the Addons folder.
Unless... the thing is that I have never tried those IDF addons.
What kind of an error message did you get? You can;t start any DLed missions?
And you don't need to appreciate anything smile.gif
I haven;t helped you yet.

Put these files in the Addons folder:
LoBo_AAUnits.pbo
LoBoWeapons.pbo
Tav21.pbo
idf_CH53.pbo
--------------
in the description it says that there are no demo missions provided with the addon. The logical question is that what missions are you trying to start?
danielud
QUOTE(bulkington80 @ May 31 2009, 16:32) *
I can't check the mod you describe on this PC, so there's not much I can do right now.
The basic idea is that missions go to the mission folder & addons go to the Addons folder.
Unless... the thing is that I have never tried those IDF addons.
What kind of an error message did you get? You can;t start any DLed missions?
And you don't need to appreciate anything smile.gif
I haven;t helped you yet.

Put these files in the Addons folder:
LoBo_AAUnits.pbo
LoBoWeapons.pbo
Tav21.pbo
idf_CH53.pbo
--------------
in the description it says that there are no demo missions provided with the addon. The logical question is that what missions are you trying to start?

EDIT - and i'm sorry but i just noticed i downloaded this pack "LINK"

i see there pictures ... so i'm guessing there suppose to be a map.. but i'm not sure !

Alright.. i have "missions" folder i got with the download, now what i did is create a folder named "@firstmode" inside ArmA folder and than i extracted all the folders i downloaded into that new folder i created in ArmA folder.

The folder ive downloaded is :

-Public BiKey
-Missions
-Addons

These folders i was copy paste into "@firstmode" folder.

after that i went to the game shortcut and edited the end with these lines " -nosplash -mod=@firstmode"

alright.. i guess i did everything correctly.

now there isnt suppose to be missions ? even if i see the missions folder ive downloaded ?

And, you do helping me.. the fact you comment and try to help its very helpful !

like i said i appreciate that a lot .
bulkington80
i am DLing a veeery looong file - that's why I am still here, that's all wink.gif
if you have decided to use the mod folder approach, then i think you did everything right. The evil Doom demon must be very happy now.
Are there any missions in the mission folder?
you might want to post a few pics of that addon RAR or ZIP file - sort of like.. what's inside it.
And don't forget that the IDF addons (just as any other addon) also may have bugs that prevent you from playing their missions.
danielud
QUOTE(bulkington80 @ May 31 2009, 17:31) *
i am DLing a veeery looong file - that's why I am still here, that's all wink.gif
if you have decided to use the mod folder approach, then i think you did everything right. The evil Doom demon must be very happy now.
Are there any missions in the mission folder?
you might want to post a few pics of that addon RAR or ZIP file - sort of like.. what's inside it.
And don't forget that the IDF addons (just as any other addon) also may have bugs that prevent you from playing their missions.

These are the files i get from the RAR i downloaded, right when i extracted them, these are the files:

This is inside the "missions" folder of the files i downloaded, i think this files is the map/mission i'm talking about.. but i could be wrong:

This is inside my ArmA Folder, i created a folder named "@Israel" and placed the files i downloaded there.. the 3 folders you saw above:

bulkington80
http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat...s=faq&id=34
All the info you need to know about modfolders, thank the Doom demon for this info.

OR
Why won't you forget about the mod folder idea (that @Israel folder) & simply put ALL files from the Addons folder in the archive into the Addons folder in your ArmA install folder. And do the same thing with the missions - just extract them (drag & drop) into the missions folder.
Then run the game & you should be all set & good to go.
Don't forget to get rid of the @Israel folder too, it can be done anytime.
Sorry for a late reply smile.gif
Blackbuck
Stop saying this to people. Mod folders are easier and safer to use no matter what bullshit comes out of your mouth to say otherwise. Next time you post this sort of theme in a topic you'll be receiving a lovely PR from me.
Mshrm
I need some help with this too, can anyone please make a working link to the article by Doom Deamon? Or explain very thoroughly how to use mod folders. Thanks!
D@V£
QUOTE(Mshrm @ Aug 20 2009, 16:38) *
I need some help with this too, can anyone please make a working link to the article by Doom Deamon? Or explain very thoroughly how to use mod folders. Thanks!

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?gam...s=faq&id=34

Bulkington's link should work, but here it is anyway. Blame JynX for all the broken links. It's what do, and look how happy I am*! biggrin.gif

One important thing I've just noticed isn't entirely clear in the article, you can not put missions in a mod folder in ArmA1 (I believe you can in ArmA2 however, you can put missions in an addon, anyhow). If you wish to separate missions into mod folder-like organisation, you should create a new folder in your missions directory, and install it to there.

(*Disclaimer: Appearance of happiness may be a façade to conceal deep depression)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.