Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgraded to HD 4890, cant launch Arma
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Soundphobic
Hello,

As the topic says, I installed a Saphire Radeon HD 4890 and I cant launch Arma anymore. It does do the checks in the launch with the checkboxes and such. But after that there's a black screen and not even the starting splashes show up. Just dead black, and will be as long as I can wait. It worked just fine with my 8800gt. Everything else works fine, it's just Arma.. Any ideas?

Thanks

And my specs if they are needed:

some emo, not sure
Q6600
4GB ram
Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5
bulkington80
At the very first screen where you can select game modes, editor or options, at the botom left cornenr there should be a line of numbers - it's the number of the patch you have - can you post what's in there?
The latest drivers & latest patches for ArmA may help.
Soundphobic
I cant even get to the "menus". Launches, does the checks. Screen goes black as usual. Nothing happens. Blackness till the kingdom come. And I reinstalled as clean as I can but I gues there could be some useless data somewhere.. Out of ideas
bulkington80
Not sure if there was any need to uninstall ArmA, if that's what you are talking about.
Grab the latest ArmA patch & try to get & install the latest drivers for Saphire Radeon HD 4890 + the latest version of DirectX.
If that didn't help then I don't know what to do. Also, try to run some other game and see if you'll get a black screen. Maybe some hardware elememnt
aint working properly?
Soundphobic
I downloaded the drivers and direct x earlier today. Im running 1.14 arma atm. And I dont get a black screen with any other game. Well, guess I'll try the beta patch, for whatever that's worth smile.gif

**EDIT: Ok well there seems to be some optimization/compatibility things corrected for Ati cards on 1.15 and 1.16. Going to try this smile.gif. Hopefully it will solve it.

Thanks for the help smile.gif
bulkington80
Yeeees! I knew I haven't lost my marbles and there was something about better compatibility with your kind of hardware in the latest ArmA patches.
Do let us know if everything works, plz.
If patches didn't help, either wait for someone with more technical skills or get in touch with BIS.
Soundphobic
The patches fixed this issue smile.gif. Thanks to Bohemia I can play some more. Seems like mods are compatible with the new betas so, it worked out fine afterall smile.gif
bulkington80
That's cool. Which patch exactly was it? The very latest beta?
Soundphobic
yeah, 1.16. Also dumped in the files from Invasion 1944 and it's working fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.