Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arma mission not showing
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Daz_kiwi
My single and only pbo mission will not show up in the SP or the Mp menu in Arma 1.
I have versions of my mission i had finished, saved as usermade. When i at first tried to export my mission there was no .pbo version being created by the arma editor, nothing in the main arma mission or mp folders. So someone told me i needed Kegetys tools to pack all the relevant folders/scripts etc....so i managed to do that.

I then put that .pbo file into both missions and mp mission folder. But it doesnt show in either respected menus in the game. I only have the previous versions which werent packed, I have deleted those other folders and mission.sqs but they still show up in game menu, each variation. How is that possible if ive deleted them? (i did shut down Arma and reboot it as well.) So what i did was i went back into the editor and renamed the mission in the intel section. And then saved it with a slightly different name also (perhaps both intel and name save has to be exact? i dont think i was).
I checked the mission.sqs had the name change i made in intel. And then i packed it again using Kegetys tools. Deleted previous one. Put them in appropriate mission folders. But it doesnt show up, no new name.

It seems Arma doesnt update and refresh what missions are there or not. The filename looks legit. I have a pbo viewer program, which showed all mission folders and scripts are all there. But the mission name is still the same as the original and i have four of those in the multiplayer menu, and 2 in the single player menu. The last one still has the missing script error. Which is rubbish because its there in the pbo. So i dont know why i cannot get rid of the false missions and my new (and only pbo version of it) wont show up....its like banging my head on a brick wall.

I've put this pbo mission file onto my brothers computer, and it shows up with the name change on his system, unfortunately i need to update some of his addons that were needed for it to run properly. But none the less it was there as it should be. Unlike on my computer, where it just shows the old version multiple times, each version reflects minor changes i made. These are just have the mission.sqs i think, because it tells me a script is missing.

This is like making it to the finish line and then run out of fuel before you can cross it....

Any advice to clear this up is worth gold right now,

Daz
Daz_kiwi
Update: Sorted out problem. I thought to post this incase other newbie mission creators have this problem too.

Ive managed to work it out. I have been used to dropping in custom missions into the mission folder on their own with no folder. So i thought to try creating a folder for my one and see what happens, and it worked. Then i was able to see the folder in the game menu and my new updated mission was visible in that folder. UPDATE: (This worked for the SP mission but doesnt seem to work when you put a mission folder into the MP folder itself. But i have 4 different versions of my mission in MP folder, all of them with the exact same
name but previous builds of the mission which i have since deleted. So how is it, these still load up? my latest version doesnt appear at all. Any suggestions?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.