Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Troubles with addons
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
CZEddie
Hi. I've got a problem with many addons that doesn't working. I download them and copy into Arma addons folder but when i start Arma editor, 90% of them aren't there. Can somebody help me?
D@V£
Hi there! Welcome to the forums! smile.gif

Firstly, there's a tutorial for installing addons using the mod folder method, which almost everyone here will agree is better than installing addons to your root Addons folder.
You can find it here: http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?gam...s=faq&id=34

The issue could be down to required addons/patches that aren't installed, or an incorrect installations.

If you could let us know which addons you're trying to install, and exactly what files you're putting into the addon folder it should be easy to isolate the problem.

If you could also let us know what version you're running, that'll also help a lot.
CZEddie
Maybe I found the problem. Every addon file that i downloaded have heelpiece(I hope it's what i wanted to write) 7z. in place of pbo. But i don't know how to do pbo from 7z. Is exist any programme to do it? Or how can i change it by my self?
Blackbuck
Use winrar to unzip them then place the addons where they are meant to go. .7z files are a type of compressed archive like .zips and .rars
JdB
[Frequently Asked Questions], answered in the very first item.
CZEddie
Thanks to you all. I have downloaded 7zip and now it's all running without any problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.