Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems dowloadin add-on
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Fatality
i am havin problems dowloadin an addon can anyone help? i am usin winzip to open them but can anyone give me a detailed how to for this?
sgt.spoetnik
QUOTE(Fatality @ Jul 25 2009, 03:51) *
i am havin problems dowloadin an addon can anyone help? i am usin winzip to open them but can anyone give me a detailed how to for this?

hi, dont really know what prob is but il try to help you out.

first- download the addon you want, place it in a map with all your addons you want.
second- Unzip or Unrar the file in the same map and you will see in the map a pbo-file and a readme on how to install it.
third-you can place the pbo-file directly in the Arma addon folder, BUT:its better to leave the addon folder empty off any third party addons and use a Modfolder insted!
somethimes the addon is already in a modfolder.

How to make Modfolder?
-Make in the Arma folder a new map and call it @XXX(just give it the name off the addon) or use the modfolder off the addon if there is 1.
If you make 1 yourself, open the map and make a map called addons and place there the pbo-file.
then leftclick the shortcut on your desktop and in the targetline you will see-C:bohemia/arma/arma.EXE; or where ever its placed
and place after the EXE; -mod=@XXX.

thats about it i guess, there is lots off explanation about it on the forums, so if you still have probs go visit BIS-forum,or here on the forum.

hope its some help and good luck with it.
cya
Deadeye
First of all welcome to ArmedAssault.info

Most addons are packed with 7zip, which winzip can't unpack.

I suggest you to download 7zip (freeware) :
http://www.7-zip.org/

and then follow sgt.spoetnik's guide
Fatality
the ones i dowloaded are able to be unziped with winzip
also i tried the mod folder but to no avail
i dont have computer smarts like you guys do but if it helps i can give you the 2 i downloaded
sgt.spoetnik
QUOTE(Fatality @ Jul 25 2009, 16:03) *
the ones i dowloaded are able to be unziped with winzip
also i tried the mod folder but to no avail
i dont have computer smarts like you guys do but if it helps i can give you the 2 i downloaded

hi again,

mayby a bit more explantion would give us a better idea about your problem.

I use WINRAR to unpack downloaded addons, its just as easy as winzip.

fasted way to play with a addon: Use WINRAR to open the downloaded addon, extract pbo-file in c:Arma\addons\
THEN:check the addon folder cause somethimes the addon is still in a map in your addon folder so you have to cut it out and trow in with the rest off addons,remove the now empty map and start the game, Should work perfect.
but like I said in first post, dont puth to many addons in there cause it will become a mess to get it all out again.

Btw. my computer smarts are not that great, its just years off experience with OFP,Arma,Arma2. cool.gif
cya
Fatality
i figured it out now and i downloaded winrar and everything is fine
although i just downloaded the nuke addon and i cant open it it says its a 27Z file
anyone know what can open it?
JdB
QUOTE(Fatality @ Jul 28 2009, 01:51) *
i figured it out now and i downloaded winrar and everything is fine
although i just downloaded the nuke addon and i cant open it it says its a 27Z file
anyone know what can open it?

Maybe you should read what Deadeye said 3 posts above yours before posting stupid.gif
Fatality
sorry but i didnt think that it would open a 27Z file
bulkington80
http://www.topshareware.com/winrar-2.7z-free/downloads/1.htm
something from here maybe?
Fatality
i've got everythin taken care of
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.