Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: adding/removing weapons while inserting a unit
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Mission Editing & Scripting
Fatality
everytime i try to add or remove a weapon from a unit it says "Type Any,Excepted Nothing"
any help please?
Blackbuck
Are you typing this?

Removeallweapons this; This addmagazine "Magazine"; This addweapon "Weapon"; ?
Fatality
yes i have
Fatality
when i type in Removeallweapons it says "invalid number in your sequence" i dont remember the last word but that is what it says mostly
and if this helps i am tryin to do it with MulticamSF tropps i downloaded and i am tryin to replace the M4 with a Scar H CQB EOTech
i have finnaly got it to where i can click ok and it not say anythin but when i go to preview it it says it cant find the file although if i put the Scar ammo box on the map i can use all the guns
bulkington80
in da looong init line of a soldier unit write:
removeallweapons this;
it will remove all weapons & maagazines & u will get an unarmed soldier;
find a list of all availabe firearms & magazines for them
Now, to give a soldier some gun, write:
this addmagazine "xxx"; this addweapon "xxx";
xxx is the name of the weapon & the name of the magazine
if you want more than one magazine, write: this addmagazine "xxx"; as many times as you need
if you can alt+tab easily, create a simple txt file with such commands,
so you can quickly copy paste whatever weapon loadout you want, & get back to Arma.
Fatality
iwas askin but now i dont know if i typed it in correctly
i typed this removeallweapons;this addweapon "Scar_H_CQB_EOTech" which is exactly how it is in the ammo box as the name but it says cant find the file or somethin
do you think it may work in the RTE?
bulkington80
since i don't know what the RTE is, I don't know if it will work in the RTE smile.gif
check the name of the gun (it IS possible that the person who wrote the readme with the weapon list simply made a spelling mistake).
try other weapons? do u know where the init line is? it that long empty thing in the middle of the menu that u use to place new units on a map...
and dont forget to write ; after every add-blah-blah-blah command smile.gif
and u know what - after you figure it out, consider yourself an advanced user, seriously, no less that 50% of arma players don't know how to add weapons smile.gif
-----------------------------------------------
edited: here you go, it's six_+blah-blah-blah smile.gif

for FN SCAR-L-CQB
removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addweapon "SIX_SCAR_L_CQB_rifle_EOtech"; this addmagazine "HandGrenadeTimed"; this addmagazine "HandGrenadeTimed";

for FN SCAR-H-ACOG
removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR"; this addweapon "SIX_SCAR_H_rifle_ACOG"; this addmagazine "HandGrenadeTimed"; this addmagazine "HandGrenadeTimed";

for FN SCAR-H-Sniper
removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR"; this addweapon "SIX_SCAR_H_sniper_rifle"; this addmagazine "HandGrenadeTimed"; this addmagazine "HandGrenadeTimed";

etc., etc.
Fatality
RTE is a Real Time Editor that i downloaded
ok i tried that and still nothin it says no file in config.bin
Fatality
i figured it out now thanks but still some of the weapons are givin me problems like the SKS for example
bulkington80
there's no "the" SKS becasue there's one in Vilas weapon pack, one (the same model) in his P85 mod & the best one in BWars weapon pack.
all have different classnames
Fatality
i viewed the read me for it and it fixed everythin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.