Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WIP Enfield L85A2
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Addons - Works in Progress
st3rv
I should have posted the topic alot earlier on in the process of making this addon, Alas I was too busy trying to get the scope to work!

If anyone fancies sorting the scope out for me, It would be greatly appreciated as I have spent many a week trying to figure the problem out! PM me with your email address and i'll send the scope.p3d across in no time! smile.gif
Marko112
QUOTE(st3rv @ Aug 30 2009, 17:11) *
I should have posted the topic alot earlier on in the process of making this addon, Alas I was too busy trying to get the scope to work!

If anyone fancies sorting the scope out for me, It would be greatly appreciated as I have spent many a week trying to figure the problem out! PM me with your email address and i'll send the scope.p3d across in no time! smile.gif

How is your enfield coming along? cool.gif
st3rv
QUOTE(Marko112 @ Sep 1 2009, 09:45) *
How is your enfield coming along? cool.gif

Ground to a halt im afraid. I've got no idea how to get the SUSAT optics to work, let alone animate the weapon (although I should find it easier to learn to animate) Know anyone with a few minutes to make the scope up for me? might bring things along much faster! biggrin.gif
D@V£
Just make it work like a regular scope surely (such as the one on the M21) with 4x set magnification? Wouldn't be too hard to set up.

I could have a shot at it I suppose... But you'd owe me tongue.gif
Send me a PM with what you need exactly.

EDIT: If you could let me know the name of the PBO as well, that'd be a big help.

EDIT2: This the sort of thing you were thinking of?

Would be the same size as the M24 scope ingame. Picture was done in buldozer, so I zoomed out a bit tongue.gif

Can change the triangle to black if you'd rather. IIRC the UKF one was red, but apparently this isn't correct... weirdsmiley.gif

EDIT3: Will the pack include an SA80 with ACOG sights suitable for the FIST system? (If not, I've got the MLOD of the ACOG here, I could send it to you tongue.gif )

EDIT4: Animating the weapon is easy enough, you just need a simple model.cfg file. Name the magazine in the model "Magazine", then use this code:
CODE
class CfgSkeletons
{
  class Default;
    class Weapon: Default
    {
    isDiscrete = 0;
    skeletonInherit = "Default";
        skeletonBones[]=
        {
            "magazine",
            "",
            "ammo_belt",
            "",
            "ammo_belt_bottom",
            ""
        };
    };
};
class CfgModels
{
  class Default;
    class Weapon: Default
    {
        sections[]=
        {
            "zasleh"
        };
        skeletonName="Weapon";
        class Animations
        {
            class magazine_hide
            {
                type="hide";
                source="reloadMagazine";
                selection="magazine";
                minValue=0.200000;
                maxValue=0.250000;
                hideValue=0.100000;
            };
            class ammobelt_hide
            {
                type="hide";
                source="isEmpty";
                selection="ammo_belt";
                minValue=0.000000;
                maxValue=1.000000;
                hideValue=1.000000;
            };
            class ammobelt_bottom_hide
            {
                type="hide";
                source="isEmpty";
                selection="ammo_belt_bottom";
                minValue=0.000000;
                maxValue=1.000000;
                hideValue=1.000000;
            };
        };
    };
    class SA80: weapon {};
    class AnotherSA80: weapon {};
    class AnotherDifferentSA80: weapon {};
    class YetAnotherSA80: weapon {};
};

You can ignore all the worky bits before the "class SA80" bit. Replace the classnames, with the names of the weapon's models (so, if your model was called Bert.p3d, then you'd use "class Bert: weapon {}wink.gif. If you want to add another, just copy+paste to the line beneath.
st3rv
WOW! Thankyou Dave, Very Helpful Looking stuff!

I've got an image already made up of the sights which I attempted to get to work with alpha channels but I suspect it didn't work. Anyway, I'll PM you my email address and you can take a look for yourself, see what you think and such!

Again, thankyou biggrin.gif
st3rv
Thanks to D@VE the scope now works correctly, So once again, cheers d@ve!
I think I'm gonna play about with the RVmats and try to eliminate the glass pass error message thats been popping up before I release any more images of the gun.
st3rv
Okay, I'm a bit bored of looking at the same gun and making minor alterations here and there so i'm just gonna release it in alpha stages. Sorry if the lack of texture and animations irritates anyone but I dont do them. However It's not binarised so if you want to texture it, have at it! anyway, hope this provides a degree of fun...

I feel obliged to say thankyou to everyone who has helped me learn so much in so little time so heres the credits:

Deanosbeano - Getting the gun ingame with configs etc (you're a man of yer word!)
D@VE - Setting up the SUSAT scope and making config alterations to suit the weapon (got it to a stage it could be released at)
Chris (Romeo 2.5) - Generally very helpful pointers and for having the patience of a saint
Danny (Romeo 2.5) - Being sound as a pound
Hendrix (Romeo 2.5) - The man who knows the people

And of course, last but not least...Pumamick, for getting me interested in making an addon!

http://rapidshare.com/files/274857596/st3_sa80.pbo.html
RM Snipe
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.