Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Mods
Warrior X™

Our work for Armed Assault 2 has begun for some time now.
This thread will be used to keep you updated on the latest news around the mod for Armed Assault 2.

Learn who is The Unsung MOD:

Website (click)
Forum (click)
Biki page (click)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recruitment section:

Moving over stuff from Armed Assault 1 to 2 is time consuming. Learning new stuff for it even more.

WE WANT YOU!!!

The Unsung Mod is on a wide scale recruitment offensive for Armed Assault II. We have a lot of work to be done and that's why we need YOUR help!

We need help in all fields of expertise:

- Configgers
- Moddelers
- Scripters
- Sound editors
- Island builders

Do you have allready some knowledge in any of the above fields and are interested in the Vietnam war like we are and feel you could be of help? Do reply on our forums over at OFPNAM.com (click here). Please do not post for recruitment jobs in this thread!

NOT NEEDED PEOPLE CURRENTLY:

- Mission makers
- Voice actors
- Beta testers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current project:

The hill fights of Khe Sanh.

Prior to the main battle for the Khe Sanh combat base (KSCB) in 1968, there were a series of battles taking place in 1967 in the hills surrounding the KSCB. These hill fights in 1967 is the scene that we are currently modding.
Some info on Khe Sanh and the hill fights can be read on this: wiki page (click this)

Stay tuned for the latest news in this thread and thank you for your support! smile.gif
Warrior X™
Some WIP shots of some of the weapons The Unsung MOD are working on for ArmA II. The pics show:

- CT56 with bajonet attached.
- EX41 aka China Lake Pump-Action Grenade Launcher.
- M45 Submachine Gun.
- M16-M203 Grenade Launcher with 30 rnd mag.

We are also still looking for new members people!
Look at the following link to find out more about job's available: Apply for a Unsung jobby job in the jungles of South-East Asia!

boppin2.gif
Jeza
Looking fantastic as ever matey, epic project wink.gif
Mast
Looking great guys. I could've sworn that the M-16's during the Vietnam years had only 20 rnd magazines and not 30 rnd. I'm sure the M79 is being worked on too. biggrin.gif
Warrior X™
QUOTE(Mast @ Oct 8 2009, 16:39) *
Looking great guys. I could've sworn that the M-16's during the Vietnam years had only 20 rnd magazines and not 30 rnd. I'm sure the M79 is being worked on too. biggrin.gif

Heya,

Assuming you are the same guy. This was answered to you by PolishGI on our BIS forum thread.
Link: click me

wink.gif
Warrior X™
Some more WIP shots of 2 vehicles that The Unsung MOD are working on for ArmA II.

The pics show:

- C123 Provider aircraft. (Note: This has recently been released for ArmA I. Pic is from ArmA II!)
- D7 Bulldozer. (yes yes spare us the humour in that one. D7 Bulldozer pic taken in...Buldozer tiredsmiley.gif wink.gif)

Still looking for new members people! Apply for a Unsung job here!
Jeza
Hi

Just a quikie, as in previous projects, i asume that within the islands being developed there will be FOB's and other bases ect, my question is, as you told me before it is impossible to put holes into ArmA2, does this also mean that say the perimeter of such a base would not be able to have some sort of trench system I have seen from many US bases throughout southern-Vietnam? I only ask because i see that ArmA have incorporated some-sort of trench in empty-objects in the editor. Also finaly, we touched on before about the thick folidge that you are now able to implament into the maps, my question here is, will the AI be able to see a simlar amount to the human player...or will he have the advantage of being able to see through the folidge, i.e. if so are there any plans to change this?

Hope the mod is going well.

Kind Regards Jeza.
Warrior X™
QUOTE(Jeza @ Oct 13 2009, 14:29) *
Hi

Just a quikie, as in previous projects, i asume that within the islands being developed there will be FOB's and other bases ect, my question is, as you told me before it is impossible to put holes into ArmA2, does this also mean that say the perimeter of such a base would not be able to have some sort of trench system I have seen from many US bases throughout southern-Vietnam? I only ask because i see that ArmA have incorporated some-sort of trench in empty-objects in the editor. Also finaly, we touched on before about the thick folidge that you are now able to implament into the maps, my question here is, will the AI be able to see a simlar amount to the human player...or will he have the advantage of being able to see through the folidge, i.e. if so are there any plans to change this?

Hope the mod is going well.

Kind Regards Jeza.

Indeed perimiter trenches as seen during the Vietnam war around bases are simulated in our mod by trenches above ground due to not being able to make hole sinside the terrain. And the foliage we had in ArmA I is the same kind of foliage we will have in ArmA II. We will try to improve it once again. But with the current foliage, the AI sees about the same as a player. It is however the question of how much noise the player makes to stay undetected. For example if you run, you will be a easy target and spotted from a fair distance. If you however move slow and low to the ground, you can actually walk up to about within 50 meters of the AI. Seen many occasions in MP sessions where we actually crossed into an enemy AI patrol and stood face to face with the enemy, firing like mad and trying not to kill the guy next to you with friendly fire. So yeah the foliage has been worked around so the AI sees less of the player and the player has a chance of survival.
If you want to try the foliage out i suggest to try our mod in ArmA I untill we present our mod into ArmA II. That is if you have ArmA I wink.gif
Jeza
Thank-you clears that up for me then. I'll just keep a sure-eye on this thread untill release, as my ArmA1 died an untimely death from a jam sandwich!
Polish GI
Pity...

I will poke X to post some screenshots here... We only have a million of them...
Wittmann
Some updates for the front page would be nice chaps wink.gif

Looking forward to some stalking through the J.
Polish GI
QUOTE(Wittmann @ Jun 9 2010, 02:28) *

Hi Wittmann,

We are working on something to post... Perhaps in the next day or two...
Warrior X™
QUOTE(Wittmann @ Jun 9 2010, 11:28) *

Heads up!

See: our bis thread.

More news probably to follow. Can't promise though hehe rolleyes.gif
Imutep
Very nice pics!
When it's released i plan to make a small campaign about the Tet Offensive. cool.gif
Warrior X™
Some more recent WIP pics. Showing you how spooky the jungle looks:

Cheers,

The Unsung MOD

(Don't just experience Vietnam, LIVE IT!)

Polish GI
Oh cool... you captured some of the jungle. Good to finally see the plane wreck in game.
Polish GI
"Some more promo pics of the US army on patrol and a WIP video of them in jungle combat.

Big thanks to WOLFRUG for getting the DSAI module working & Cjohnson for the radio system finally its in!!! Thanks again guys."

This is a video based on the current version of the MOD. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bTXvsBD_Z4
Polish GI
Here is a post from one of our mission guys Jezaa...

Cheers!

QUOTE(Jezaa;1669498)
Hi Guys here's a quick video of some SP: Please note it was done with free fraps and the sound quality is poor(turn down your sound), little jumpy at the start but it goes away once fraps kicks in, the map itself runs fine for me fps wise. Anyway here's it is, few combat moment & traps from 3mins onwards, before that really is just an intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-DI0fZTwhU...layer_embedded#!
Warrior X™

The Unsung MOD released yet another video with some footage of patrols and combat in the Lowlands area that will be in the upcoming release!

The Lowlands village combat video

Source: www.ofpnam.com (home of The Unsung MOD)
Warrior X™

The Unsung MOD declassified another video with some footage from The Lowlands area that will be in the upcoming release!

Unsung vid (click here)

Source: OFPNAM.com
Polish GI
Posting by one of our members Sgt Savage:

"These are shots of a WIP island CSJ is working on, he has been experimenting with different types of foliage as you can see. This island is not scheduled in the upcoming release but if you ask CSJ very nicely he might finish it off.. And yes they were taken in OA"

Please keep in mind that this is a WIP island. It is not planned for the upcoming Unsung release... CSJ is working on it as time permits... But there is no indication that it will be released in the near future. This is just to show you guys things we are working on at the moment...

Cheers!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4190/34958535.jpg

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/8470/78349484.jpg

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7834/29426834.jpg

http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/1551/84943317.jpg

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3181/13222900.jpg

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3098/44485124.jpg
Warrior X™
Quoting our mod leader CJ525 from our BIS forum thread:

Good news and bad news.

First the sites provider took a hit. We took a head shot and went down hard (not getting up). Our site has been blown away. Goodnews is R1 is final just getting our ftp up again so we can do one more internal run through then it's out the door, no dates but it will happen very very soon. estimates on R1 size before compression is 1.8 gigs, so there is alot of "stuff" you'll be able to kill, blow up, tryout and have some fun with. the release will be distributed to the usual sites whilst we get ours back up. we wont hold off release while re rebuild the site.

Sorry for the delay guys but stuff happens.
Polish GI

Ok guys, handbook has been released... go grab it!

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat...4613&game=1
Polish GI
Here is hoping we are close...
Polish GI
test
Polish GI

MOD download is ready...

ARMANAM WEBSITE
Polish GI

1st Patch is ready...

PATCH 1 Location
Warrior X™
The Unsung MOD released some WIP pictures of the 33rd NVA regiment (Ia Drang Valley).

Enjoy wink.gif
Polish GI

There are a lively bunch of guys on the forums these days...
Wittmann
Liven us up with some news... wink.gif
Polish GI
Fair enough...

Hopefully, this works for now...

A Marine patrol is staking out a nearby village looking for bad people...

Unsung Marines

A US patrol has stopped by a local village based on a tip they received from the local population. Growing suspicious, they start interrogating the inhabitants... Various armored elements stop to see if the patrol needs any assistance or backup.

US PATROL 1
US PATROL 2
US PATROL 3

A grunt daydreaming as he and his unit approaches the vill. Overhead, a Skyraider stands watch over the unit ready to pound any enemy forces encountered.

US PATROL 4

A grunt stands watch as reinforcements arrive after a small gunbattle. There were 4 confirmed enemy KIAs and approximately 4-5 enemy WIAs during the engagement. US wounded have already been shipped out via a dustoff. The second pic is of a heavy lift chopper dropping in to supply to the platoon on the ground.

US PATROL 5
US PATROL 6

The platoon has moved on from the vill looking for bloodtrails and any sign of enemy wounded being left behind. The Battalion CO wants a high body count on this mission.

US PATROL 7

During the patrol, the weather starts to go south as it normally does during the 'wet season'.

US PATROL 8

Visibility is now becoming an issue and the platoon needs to slow its pace down. No need getting separated from each other and putting the unit in a bad position to defend itself.

US PATROL 9

After about an hour or so, the rain let up a bit allowing the platoon to carrying on with its patrol. By this time though, the enemy is long gone and the platoon commander radios battalion to set up an evac point and get the platoon out of the area.

US PATROL 10
Wittmann
Nice screens, loving the UH34!
I cannot make a model on the PC to save my life so mine is a little more old school....

Can you please confirm if any of this is WIP?

Will post this as news however if there is anything you wish to add or any comments you want to make, let me know so I may edit it in
Polish GI
QUOTE(Wittmann @ Mar 2 2011, 00:54) *
Nice screens, loving the UH34!
I cannot make a model on the PC to save my life so mine is a little more old school....

Can you please confirm if any of this is WIP?

Will post this as news however if there is anything you wish to add or any comments you want to make, let me know so I may edit it in

Cool Model! yeah, the 34 is a neat helicopter! Wait, you will love the radial sounds we have for it when its released!

Confirm that these items are a WIP? I would not say a Work in Progress anymore... They are all sitting in the motorpool ready to go once given the green light.

We have the next release coming up... In its final stages prior to release. Compiling and error checking everything as best we can... No firm date yet, but it is coming up. Hope everyone is still interested in the MOD. We are having fun putting it together. There are a lot of hours into this project and we hope it shows on the next release.

Hopefully, that helps.
Hawkins
Looking really good guys! I hope this release is error free, as the last one kept popping up a lot of errors and thus hindering myself from playing. Still in love with the mod and 'Nam in general!
Polish GI

Almost ready to release the next group of files... Coming up soon... Just a heads up!
Wittmann
Thanks, looking forward to it smile.gif
Polish GI

To everyone...

Please keep in mind we are working our tails off to get this thing uploaded in a couple of different locations, so when it hits, people have options...

As opposed to a single site that everyone raids... Our hope/intent is to "try" and make the initial distribution "smooth" so that everyone can grab a copy...

But... this is like a 1.2-1.5GB file coming...

It will probably come in 2 different flavors... Flavor A) is a single download... but since we recognize the chance of someone's download timing out, we are creating Flavor B.

Flavor B has the MOD broken down into FIVE (5) pieces... This makes it easier to download without timing out... But we ALL need to work together to understand that ALL 5 pieces are required for the MOD.

We are hoping that we can nail this before the files turn public so everyone is informed. If you go for th single download, great, only one file to DL... but if you elect to go after the 5 piece download, please make sure you download all 5.

We are going to go for a couple of websites so that there is no one strain on a single website.

ArmedAssault.Info has graciously accepted to host it for us. Armaholic has graciously agreed to host the file. We are going to put it up on ARMANAM as well hoping that does not get shut down. And we are hoping to get it up on one of the various 3rd party hosting sites (e.g. megaupload).

Please keep in mind that this will be our last LARGE download like this. This bad boy got away from us and our intent is to get this stuff to the community. Not shut down websites due to bandwidth. So please be patient and appreciative of those websites that are hosting it. Their priority is to host for the community, not for a single download. So if they happen to go down, place the blame on us... We created the content and file size.

Again, we are working on it AS I type this... Hope you guys give us a little wiggle room along with the websites helping us to distribute the MOD.

Cheers to All,

Unsung
Wittmann
ArmA.info should be able to handle the traffic.

Worst case is generally that the download is a little slow wink.gif

Looking forward to your work Unsung Team!
Polish GI
QUOTE(Wittmann @ Mar 30 2011, 20:31) *
ArmA.info should be able to handle the traffic.

Worst case is generally that the download is a little slow wink.gif

Looking forward to your work Unsung Team!

Ok, great! We never want to assume or expect... We are just glad you guys can help us get it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.