Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battle of Somato problem
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
paulthebob

So it's taken me about a month to get this far on this one mission (I wasn't playing too often, but I was stuck at the part where you have to take on the APC for about a MONTH) So I'm pretty raging that I have now completed all the mission objectives as displayed in the screencapture below, yet, the mission has not ended and although I've left the game running on 4x and hours have passed, it seems somewhat stuck there and I really don't want to have to restart this whole mission... it won't let me select any other missions from the Somato battle map, either. This one must be completed, it seems. But it wont complete.

Anyone any ideas how to fix this?

The completely destroyed, flattened by tanks base;

JdB
It shows one uncompleted objective. "With the support of RACS troops proceed to attack and destroy the base."

You might have completed it, but it might not have triggered, or you need to look around the base (including the surroundings) for any enemies that you failed to kill. Also make sure any enemy vehicle is definitely destroyed.
paulthebob
QUOTE(I44_John @ Sep 29 2009, 18:18) *
It shows one uncompleted objective. "With the support of RACS troops proceed to attack and destroy the base."

You might have completed it, but it might not have triggered, or you need to look around the base (including the surroundings) for any enemies that you failed to kill. Also make sure any enemy vehicle is definitely destroyed.

I've had a good look around the base and there's none alive that I can see, also, when I clicked on the support from racs troops on the objectives list, usually it would zoom to the mission marker, but it doesn't move at all - as though they've all been killed, perhaps?

I think I'll just have to revert. __furious.gif
JdB
Or just use the endmission cheat. If you've accomplished all of the objectives, and the mission fails to end due to a bug, that's the best way to proceed.
D@V£
Looks like you're running a replacement mod? Try disabling it for this mission. It may be interfering with some of the scripts in the mission.
paulthebob
QUOTE(D@V£ @ Sep 29 2009, 22:00) *
Looks like you're running a replacement mod? Try disabling it for this mission. It may be interfering with some of the scripts in the mission.

The problem was around before I even knew of the ability to mod ArmA, so not an issue. I've literally just reverted the level and alt-tabbed to check this topic, to find a cheat enabling me to skip the level?! Well... I'm not spending another month or two at a bend in the road trying not to be killed by an APC within the first 10 seconds of loading the game...

Will google that cheat now!

EDIT:

Looked up the cheat... Press shift and num pad is ok if you have a keyboard - but what is the num pad key on a laptop? Toshiba A200-1BW sad.gif

My laptop does have a number keypad, on the letters MJKLUIOP789, and I have to press FN & F11 to enable it, but as neither of those keys are numpad, this is making life difficult. Any way I can trick ArmA into thinking one of my keys is numpad?
LT. Drake Jackson
Errr... thats troublesome in that laptop...

Maybe the " - " next to the dot might help...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.