Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ArmA causing system crash
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
CJoriginal
Hi all, I have been playing ArmA and ArmA 2 for about a year now and I enjoyed a flawless time with both. However a couple of months ago my ArmA 1 began to freeze. It kept freezing until it got to a stage where it just wouldnt start. I have never seen anything like this ever before with my other games.

Problem

Start ArmA 1, ranging from 10 seconds to 26 minutes the screen goes black whilst the last sound continues looping. A message is displayed saying 'No signal'. After the message disappers the sound stops. I cannot return to desktop using alt + tab, alt +f4 and clt+alt+del.

Solutions tried

Using -maxmem
Using -window
Reinstalling ArmA without mods or ArmA 2
Installing new version 1.18
Reducing memory to 3GB
Updating all drivers to latest versions

System Specifications

Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit, 6.0, Build 6002)
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs)
4GB RAM
6GB Memory
DirectX 11
Nvidea Geforce 9600 GS: version 8.17.0011.9621
Realtek HD audio driver (2.88) R2.37

This problem has been driving my crazy for months and after searching for days without sleep, I have come across no solutions to fix it. PLEASE HELP ME! cry3.gif
Hunter
Hi CJOriginal,

Sounds to me like your power supply is at fault, I had a similar problem with the PC resetting at random intervals, and it only ever happened while playing ArmA 1, but then one day it started to reset while playing ArmA 2 and then again when playing X2 The Threat, it turned out that the PSU was faulty, and after I replaced it it I had no more problems.
Nick
I am having the same problem, except that my computer turn completly of when playing ArmaI for 20 minute, no problem with arma2.
I am running the 1.18 patch for arma1. I do not think it is a power problem here. mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.